SVT known issues to....... - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-21-2005, 07:32 PM   #21
fritotec
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17397
What I Drive: 2003 comp orange focus svt euro #34

FF Reputation: 1 fritotec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i love my racaro seats.
#3495 of 3985, 1 of 301
euro grill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2005, 07:41 PM   #22
sidney61199
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7904
What I Drive: 2002 Black Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 sidney61199 Good Standing Member
I had the same issue with the horn. They replaced it three times before getting it right. There is a tsb out they were not aware of (which I had to show them) that says for them to not mount it back in its stock postion and to relocate it, after I showed them the tsb they fixed it right. I'm also on my third TB due to them getting sticky (no big deal). Now it is back in the garage cause I have a mount under the car that is causing a really loud rattle. This is the third time for the rattle problem, the other two times were the clips that hold the heat sheild on. Other than that I have not had any major problems, just those little things here and there. Also remember you get a free loaner, so every time my car has a minor problme I take it in. They hate me for it but too bad for them.

The problem with the Recaro's is that the company supports the human and ethical treatment of animals so they don't kill any cows for the leather. They wait for them to be real old and die of natural causes so all the leather they use is from old wrinkly cows. Its still good leather but it would be better if they would have put the cow down 5 years prior to it dying. So your just stuck with old cow leather.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:11 PM   #23
Fordson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13118
What I Drive: 2003 InfraRed SVT 5-door, loaded -

FF Reputation: 1 Fordson Good Standing Member
No issues. Had a CEL from a probably-bashed O2 sensor when I took delivery, but the dealer got me one the next day - and a $50 gift certificate to a good restaurant.

Nothing since then in just over 22,000 miles - not a burnt-out bulb.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:42 PM   #24
THEAXSMAN
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 20122
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT FOCUS 3DR

FF Reputation: 1 THEAXSMAN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Wailabod
I bought mine w/ 30,000 miles on it, and I have only had two problems, my dsi cable broke, and my wheel was bent by a pothole, i didn't have to pay a dime for the cable, but i had to spen 150 bucks to get teh wheel machinned. Overall i love my car and I would still love it if I had more problems.

Dude! you could buy a new wheel for less than $150 !!!!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 02:30 PM   #25
af_llafet
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 10332
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 af_llafet Good Standing Member
The standard SVT leather seats will soften up if you use leather conditioner a couple of times on it. They will feel softer and have a better appearace. As far as quality goes, we all have the standard hard plastic dash and console. When you have hard plastics like this its going to creak and rattle, expecially with a stiff suspension like the SVT. I have had problems with my clutch rattle, but as far as that goes its in the shop right now and I have Taurus as a loaner. My sun roof moan when you tilt it and thats about it. Its been a great car. Ive had it for a year and put 25000 miles on it and still love to wake up in the morning and cant wait to drive it. I really never gets old. If you thinking about making an "investment" its worth it. Its cheap in comparisson to Civics or VW's to mod and upgrades are a dime a dozen out there and the list just gets better. You can out handle almost anything on the road.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:51 PM   #26
sidney61199
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7904
What I Drive: 2002 Black Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 sidney61199 Good Standing Member
Did any one catch the humor about the recaro seats and the old cows? I thought it was funny, guess I'm the only one.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:49 PM   #27
Flowcus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 5855
What I Drive: 2004 Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Flowcus Good Standing Member
Problems to date... starting at 22,000 miles car currently at 28,000 miles

Throttle cable wore hole in valve cover ( small foam guard slid back from vibrations )

Sunroof track bent causing it to hang up and leak even when closed

Numerous ( and I mean a lot ) of interior plastic peices have busted off

Front end shook completely out of alignment ( driven 10-15mph down 1/2 mile of gravel every day 2 times at least daily )

Heated seats work then dont work then work again ( something in the wiring harness )

Car locks iteself from time to time reguardless if keys in ignition or not... this is weird to me

Drivers door fails to unlock with FOB or key

Lowest O2 sensor in header busted ( self caused )

Nasty sulfer/ass smell when I give the car hell which pisses me off and ford cant figure out

Side body molding ( door ding protectors ) peeling off

Front lip spoiler falling off

Engine sitting at idle with a pitter patter sound... possibly a knock ( sounds ugly )

Drivers side seat upholstry coming loose

Ford has fixed or is currently fixing everything. Car comes under normal abuse from time to time but nothing its not supposed to handle. Its daily driven at least 100 miles a day and I have put on nearly 30,000 miles in just about a year. Have run it at the drag strip a few times and burnt up the stock continental tires very quickly. I had to fight with ford to get the valve cover replaced, and the front end re-aligned but other then that everything else was taken care of. And hopefully they get to the bottom of the electrical problems and the engine knock soon... its sitting there until monday when the valve cover comes in so they will have plenty of time to find out whats up.

I personally have no complaints over the car it runs great and has treated me well. Every car has its problems and most put unter stress tend to break a lot easier then others.

My only complaint is im moving soon and its a big move for me... I may be forced to get rid of my little mineature mini van and I dont want to. Trouble being I paid roughly $19,000 new after taxes and all that crap, but its currently worth maybe $13,500 and finding someone to pay more then that is a bitch.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:57 PM   #28
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Flowcus
Car locks iteself from time to time reguardless if keys in ignition or not... this is weird to me
I had an MR2 that started to do this as well... I eventually gave up and pulled the wire harness out of the lock control module and it became a "non-power-locks" car.

Frankly if my car had as many problems as yours has/had (although I'm close, but a lot of mine are the same problems over and over again) I would be upset. I guess you're a glass half-full personality.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:14 AM   #29
0svt2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 19561
What I Drive: 2002 infra red svt

FF Reputation: 1 0svt2 Good Standing Member
the only problems with my 2002 svt is the ecu needs to be flashed and the tackson control but both are realy easy to fix
Old 04-01-2005, 08:31 AM   #30
Flowcus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 5855
What I Drive: 2004 Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Flowcus Good Standing Member
Yeah its a lot of problems... but I love my little hatch to much to really try and sell it right now. Although I might have to soon.

And Ford has replaced everything or fixed every problem I have had so far, gave me a loaner car without argument, and had it done ASAP. So im impressed with ford for the time being, but if it starts going to hell and things break faster then im going to have to get rid of it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks