Wide Band 02 sensor - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #1
foreverford
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Fan#: 116979
Location: London, United Kingdom
What I Drive: Focus st170

Posts: 222
FF Reputation: 1 foreverford Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wide Band 02 sensor

ok guys, ive been told that these are good to have when custom tuning, can anyone explain why, also, is it the pre cat 02 or the post cat 02 that needs replacing, or both????

and is there a link of where to buy??


foreverford is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #2
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate
 
1turbofocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Fan#: 1123
Location: Belmont, NC
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Posts: 21,785
FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
The wide band o2 air fuel gauge is to allow your tuner to be able to make sure your wide open throttle air fuel is safe and where it should be . this is for engine safety and performance

C-F-M has a good deal on there AEM one

Yes you have a pre CAT o2 and a post CAT o2 , you only need to change the front one if it is bad and the rear one can be turned off in the tune

Tom
__________________
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
1turbofocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #3
foreverford
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Fan#: 116979
Location: London, United Kingdom
What I Drive: Focus st170

Posts: 222
FF Reputation: 1 foreverford Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
The wide band o2 air fuel gauge is to allow your tuner to be able to make sure your wide open throttle air fuel is safe and where it should be . this is for engine safety and performance

C-F-M has a good deal on there AEM one

Yes you have a pre CAT o2 and a post CAT o2 , you only need to change the front one if it is bad and the rear one can be turned off in the tune

Tom
cheers tom,

i will be paying via paypal next friday, what is the procedure ??
foreverford is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:11 PM   #4
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate
 
1turbofocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Fan#: 1123
Location: Belmont, NC
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Posts: 21,785
FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
I am out of xcal3 and SCT is no longer selling them once gone , all I have now is the new xcal4 , they cost 430.00 + shipping

You can pay with check or MO or use paypal add 3%

Tom
__________________
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
1turbofocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:13 AM   #5
foreverford
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Fan#: 116979
Location: London, United Kingdom
What I Drive: Focus st170

Posts: 222
FF Reputation: 1 foreverford Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
I am out of xcal3 and SCT is no longer selling them once gone , all I have now is the new xcal4 , they cost 430.00 + shipping

You can pay with check or MO or use paypal add 3%

Tom
hi tom, i have an sct handheld xcal3 already, its second hand from the states, already purchaced it, and its on the way

will that do??
foreverford is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:19 AM   #6
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security
 
sleepyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Fan#: 15335
Location: SW Houston, TX, United States
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Posts: 25,282
FF Reputation: 47 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Did you make sure it was unlocked before you bought it? If it isn't then you'll need to send it to SCT to have them unlock it which cost 150 bucks the last I remember. That would suck for you to get it and then have to turn around and mail it back to the states again. This is one of the reasons why we don't allow them to be sold in the BST area anymore.
__________________
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
sleepyboy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:52 AM   #7
foreverford
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Fan#: 116979
Location: London, United Kingdom
What I Drive: Focus st170

Posts: 222
FF Reputation: 1 foreverford Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboy View Post
Did you make sure it was unlocked before you bought it? If it isn't then you'll need to send it to SCT to have them unlock it which cost 150 bucks the last I remember. That would suck for you to get it and then have to turn around and mail it back to the states again. This is one of the reasons why we don't allow them to be sold in the BST area anymore.
it said 4 unlocks remaining, ?????

ive only put down a deposit for the guy to hold it for me 15, was then gonna buy it off him for 100

shall i stay away,??

cheers for the heads up sleepy
foreverford is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:32 AM   #8
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security
 
sleepyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Fan#: 15335
Location: SW Houston, TX, United States
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Posts: 25,282
FF Reputation: 47 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
As long as it says it's unmarried or unlocked it should be ok, but check with Tom to be certain since he knows all about these devices. It saying it has 4 unlocks is ok, they come with 5 unlocks or something like that before they become locked or whatever it means.
__________________
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
sleepyboy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:56 AM   #9
foreverford
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Fan#: 116979
Location: London, United Kingdom
What I Drive: Focus st170

Posts: 222
FF Reputation: 1 foreverford Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboy View Post
As long as it says it's unmarried or unlocked it should be ok, but check with Tom to be certain since he knows all about these devices. It saying it has 4 unlocks is ok, they come with 5 unlocks or something like that before they become locked or whatever it means.

cheers buddy
foreverford is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #10
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate
 
1turbofocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Fan#: 1123
Location: Belmont, NC
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Posts: 21,785
FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverford View Post
hi tom, i have an sct handheld xcal3 already, its second hand from the states, already purchaced it, and its on the way

will that do??
You need to make sure that he put the stock tune back on his car BEFORE selling it to you , it can say it has unlocks left but that doesnt mean it isnt locked

If he didnt put the stock tune back on his car and remove his performance/custom tune then the xcal is locked

You need to find this out

Tom
__________________
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
1turbofocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.