How-To: Audiophile Enclosure Upgrade - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-14-2006, 01:57 PM   #51
SQUILLY
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 28480
What I Drive: 2005 cloud 9 zx4

FF Reputation: 1 SQUILLY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That is pretty nice on the cost factor. My system has cost me close to $3000. Two Rockford 12" T1 subwoofers; powered by a Rockford T10001bd bridged and dropped down to 1 ohm. The interior speakers have been replaced with Boston Acoustic SL80 componet plates, powered by Rockford Fosgate T4004. DynaMat was applied to the entire interior of all four door skins, with DynaXsorb behind the speakers. Used 10 gauge wire thru out the car, 2 gauge wire from the battery. The power cell is a Lightning Audio 1000 amp extreme cycle and feeds current to a Rockford Fosgate carbon 25 farad cap that distributes power thru 4 gauge wire to the amps. The car was metered for a recent db drag show @ 145.9 db's. Good sound comes in many forms, from in expensive to the extreme, it's all a matter of personal opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2006, 11:35 PM   #52
knoxrocks222
Focus Addict

Fan#: 38601
What I Drive: 2003 black svt

FF Reputation: 3 knoxrocks222 Good Standing Member
i think im gona get a fosgate p1s8 the 8 inch sub and run it on my stock amp cause the sub is only 150 watts rms
S.D.O. #2

Happiness is a belt fed assault rifle
Old 11-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #53
SVTFOOCUS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 39017
What I Drive: TurboL'd 03 SVT FOCUS ZX5

FF Reputation: 4 SVTFOOCUS Good Standing Member
Question

I just pulled my enclosure out then the sub, and guess what? I have a different style box than what your working with...... sux huh? The outter mounting face for the new sub is not complete like yours, mine has two huge dips in it for whatever reason.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:56 AM   #54
Jopala
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5902
What I Drive: 2002 blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 23 Jopala Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Just a note to folks who might still try this upgrade. I've had mine going for a while and am still satisfied but I noticed a small problem. The new 10" sub when thumping pretty good, rubs against the grill of my sub enclosure covering. I've had to take the covering off so it doesn't look quite as pretty. If I get a chance, I'll try to take a pic of it to show what I'm talking about. But just wanted to give a heads up. If I had a chance to go back, I'd still probably do this upgrade though.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:18 AM   #55
Urist
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 42347
FF Reputation: 1 Urist Good Standing Member
Which aftermarket 8" subwoofer will be better to replace factory sub?

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...76#post1385976
Old 01-10-2007, 10:28 AM   #56
SVTmonkey
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9482
What I Drive: 04 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 2 SVTmonkey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopala View Post
Just a note to folks who might still try this upgrade. I've had mine going for a while and am still satisfied but I noticed a small problem. The new 10" sub when thumping pretty good, rubs against the grill of my sub enclosure covering. I've had to take the covering off so it doesn't look quite as pretty. If I get a chance, I'll try to take a pic of it to show what I'm talking about. But just wanted to give a heads up. If I had a chance to go back, I'd still probably do this upgrade though.
I haven't had this problem, probably depends on the size of the sub.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:46 PM   #57
Jopala
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5902
What I Drive: 2002 blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 23 Jopala Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTmonkey View Post
I haven't had this problem, probably depends on the size of the sub.
I actually used the same sub. When I first read up on this How-to I didn't want to take any chances so I tried to get almost identical equipment. I might just go find a grill somewhere that I could just screw on that would fit around the sub without it reaching any. I'm not sure why mine does rub and yours doesn't though. I'm definitely not losing any sleep over it though.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #58
SVTF_170

Fan#:
Does the OEM sub have normal positive and negative speaker leads? Just making sure I will be able to use my OEM audiophile amp on my new 10" sub.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #59
Obsidian6
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 39805
What I Drive: 2007 / VW / GTI

FF Reputation: 1 Obsidian6 Good Standing Member
wow i should consider doing this.

when i bought my svt the P/O had that exact RF sub placed in the back in its own separate box, with the audiophile sub sitting dormant. I have all the amp wiring done everything is already done i would just have to re-do the stock enclosure like yours.

that's brilliant! i would love to do this.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:31 PM   #60
KahunaB14
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13831
What I Drive: 2008 Cosmic Blue Mazdaspeed 3 Sport

FF Reputation: 1 KahunaB14 Good Standing Member
On the first page it is mentioned that you have to trim the inner "Cone". Does anyone know what this did/does and what mounting depth do you have with the cone in vs. cut away?

Also, where do the wires get routed inside the box??

Bookmarks & Social Networks