How-To: Audiophile Enclosure Upgrade - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-05-2006, 03:13 AM   #41
thedashingbuddha
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32993
What I Drive: 2004 Red zx3

FF Reputation: 1 thedashingbuddha Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
How does it sound? I mean they say that you are supposed to have x amount of cubic space for certain subs. Does it hit hard and play pretty low?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2006, 08:38 AM   #42
Jopala
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5902
What I Drive: 2002 blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 23 Jopala Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by thedashingbuddha
How does it sound? I mean they say that you are supposed to have x amount of cubic space for certain subs. Does it hit hard and play pretty low?
For me it sounds awesome. I like the bass to thump nicely but I enjoy to still hear my music. I have a few songs that I like to play to see how the bass does and it picked up even the deepest hits that were coming through for those songs. To add to it, it was coming out as a clean thump. I just got a Black Eyed Peas CD (Monkey Business) and I'm enjoying the sound coming through with that (especially track 10...some good bass to start off that song). I definitely give it two thumbs up.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #43
thedashingbuddha
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32993
What I Drive: 2004 Red zx3

FF Reputation: 1 thedashingbuddha Good Standing Member
Thats awsome. I've got to 10" subs in the back of my hatch, but they pretty much take up all the space back there. I may have to do that mod this summer and reclaim some space.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:27 AM   #44
Dussin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32791
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black Euro SVT

FF Reputation: 4 Dussin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Do you get much ratteling? How does it sound comming off of the stock head unit? I am pretty picky with my highs, mids, and lows. I currently have one 10" running on a 300 watt RMS x 1 bridged at 4 ohms in an enclosed box, and i am hitting harder than most of my friends with two 12". One thing that I would recommend is investing the extra money in your system and you will not be let down by only running one 10". Another thing, I do not have a SVT but hopefully I am picking it up thursday, just in case you were wondering why I was posting in here. Do the speakers have a factory amp to them? If not would it be possible to use the factor sub amp and run it to the speakers?
Old 04-19-2006, 04:18 PM   #45
jaykirs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13947
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-Red ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 jaykirs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I am installing a ARC Audio 8" dual V/C and a Kenwood 250 watt amp. My quesion is, does anyone have a pin-out diagram for the factory harness plug or can someone tell me what wires are for what? The way I see it there should b 5 wires: 1+ & 1- power, pos & neg speaker input and 1 power-on wire. There are, however, 6 wires. I really don't want to do the ol trial and error thing because I don't want to short anything out. I am running fresh power and ground wires (8 awg) so that's not an issue, I just need to know which are the speaker input (+ & -) and the "power-on" wire. Thank in advance for the help. :-)
04 SVTF #204 of 1978
SVT Squad #66

Understeer scares the driver, oversteer scares the passenger.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:29 PM   #46
SVTmonkey
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9482
What I Drive: 04 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 2 SVTmonkey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
^Woah, woah, woah. This thread is too good to be hijacked...so let's keep it on topic!!!

Old 04-19-2006, 11:18 PM   #47
Metal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14271
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 3 Metal Good Standing Member
After reading through this post I've really been thinking about upgrading to a 10", but was disappointed upon removing the carpet and finding the incorrect box. Has anyone figured out if this is possible for the "other" SVT sub enclosure or does anyone have a approximate price for the "right" box?

BTW good write up
Old 04-19-2006, 11:32 PM   #48
SVTmonkey
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9482
What I Drive: 04 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 2 SVTmonkey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
You should be paying around $60-80 for the box, maybe less since you have all the brackets and cover. Browse the forums and try svtsalvage.com I'm sure something will turn up. Good luck.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:54 AM   #49
faulkton
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35398
What I Drive: 2006 zx3 ses...Black

FF Reputation: 1 faulkton Good Standing Member
I was thinking about inverting a good sized 8", and just popping the screen off the carpet trim piece...

that way im not so limited to shallow subs. It wont look totally stock, but neither does an aftermarket amp bolted to the rear seat.. also it sounds easier to me.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:56 PM   #50
Gumbercules
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35868
What I Drive: 2004 Black ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Gumbercules Good Standing Member
Well, I really wanted to perform this mod on my new SVT, but I discovered I had the *wrong* subwoofer enclosure.
I figured, "Surely there's some way to get around this. I know-I'll make a spacer!"
Unfortunately, depth is not this enclosure's biggest problem. The large circular indentation is well under 10" in diameter, so I would have to make a spacer that fills in this indentation entirely. A mounting plate would then have to be installed onto the spacer. Finally, the subwoofer would be mounted to the plate. This would work, and it would not be difficult, but I'm not sure it would interact well with the carpeted panel. There is a significant amount of space between the enclosure and the panel though, so it *might* work, especially if I remove the grill.
Meh, maybe I'll just look for the *other* enclosure.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.