How-To: Audiophile Enclosure Upgrade - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-18-2005, 05:58 PM   #21
jaykirs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13947
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-Red ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 jaykirs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
This still hasn't been made a sticky? I found this info to be VERY useful.
04 SVTF #204 of 1978
SVT Squad #66

Understeer scares the driver, oversteer scares the passenger.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2005, 08:00 PM   #22
FocusInCali
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7987
What I Drive: 01 SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 FocusInCali Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
It is. It's under Audiophile system owners.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:02 PM   #23
Turtle
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 10715
What I Drive: 2011 Dodge Charger, 70 Olds Cutlass

FF Reputation: 1 Turtle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Good post. Anyone do anything similar with the Mach Audio edition? I hear about that style blowing out all the time. I have been considering putting an Infinity Basslink in my sedan, anyone have any experience with those? It has a 200 watt amp built in and looks to be similar in size and shape to the oem unit that comes with the Mach Audio edition. Thoughts? it runs for around $300, but I can get it for about $180.
3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

It takes a real man to wear a kilt.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:18 PM   #24
KS1SVT04
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6403
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT 3 Dr w/euro package 2006 Ford F-150 Super Crew

FF Reputation: 1 KS1SVT04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I hope this does not sound stupid, but will the factory amp work with an upgraded sub? Or would it not be worth the effort just to replace the sub?
#966 out of 1978
Old 04-22-2005, 10:30 AM   #25
sa_pyro_ne
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1437
What I Drive: 2000 Ranger V6 4.0L 4x4 XLT Ext Cab

FF Reputation: 4 sa_pyro_ne Good Standing Member
KS1SVT04: the stock amplifier won't be able to give much to an upgraded subwoofer so i wouldn't do it.

Turtle: i haven't heard much bad about the actual MACH system but it would be difficult to put into the car. someone tried to do it about a year ago i beleive. try a search and see what you come up with. someone was pm'ing me about it too so i'll see if i can find those pm's and forward them to you.

- Scott
Old 04-22-2005, 10:56 AM   #26
shaunq
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20015
What I Drive: was SVT silver focus now black sentra ser spec v

FF Reputation: 1 shaunq Good Standing Member
That is one of the coolest things ive seen it makes me want to take my 15 back. haha But how is the sound if its pretty loud ill sell my 15 and switch back to my stock box haha. I really like the new rock speakers u think a p3 would fit in the box? Or would it need more air or a bigger gox to sound good? Or should I keep both the 15 and get a 10 for just personal hearing cuz man that 15 is too dam loud sometimes.

I WANT MY FOURTH STAR SO I CAN BE A FOCUS ADDICT ALREADY!!!! lol
Old 04-24-2005, 04:12 PM   #27
SVTmonkey
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9482
What I Drive: 04 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 2 SVTmonkey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally posted by shaunq
That is one of the coolest things ive seen it makes me want to take my 15 back. haha But how is the sound if its pretty loud ill sell my 15 and switch back to my stock box haha. I really like the new rock speakers u think a p3 would fit in the box? Or would it need more air or a bigger gox to sound good? Or should I keep both the 15 and get a 10 for just personal hearing cuz man that 15 is too dam loud sometimes.
Well, its tough to say, because we probably have different definitions of loud, but from my definition, yes I would say it is very loud. I was honestly surprised how loud it was, I had to turn the amp boost down because it was too loud! Obviously a 15" is gonna be way louder, but it depends what you are looking for. I am more than satisfied.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:29 AM   #28
Jopala
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5902
What I Drive: 2002 blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 23 Jopala Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Sub enclosure

I was planning on doing this custom mod and purchased the fosgate 10" and such and today was about to actually start the physical labor part to discover that I myself have the other enclosure that a picture was posted of previously. I checked svtsalvage.com and the only one that I seemed to find was the one that I have. Does anyone know of any other sites that might have the enclosure for sale that was used in this how-to?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 09-09-2005, 05:47 PM   #29
SVTmonkey
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9482
What I Drive: 04 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 2 SVTmonkey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Did you email the guys at svt salvage or just browse? I would try emailing them if you haven't already.

I bought mine from a fellow member, that's always a possibility. I've heard of people getting them off ebay as well.

Good luck.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:34 PM   #30
thisisthelastname
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 31366
What I Drive: 2004 pitch black svtzx3

FF Reputation: 1 thisisthelastname Good Standing Member
I went through the same hell as above... bought the fosgate sub, bought the amp, started to work and found I had the "other" box. Mind you, the post was only a few days old when I started so I had no idea that two boxes were out there. Anyway... I built a fiberglass box with a MDF front panel basically the same shape as the stock box. I bumped it out a little here and there and managed a solid .65 cubic foot. Stock carpet covered perfect with a little modification to the rear hatch light. All stock audiophile mounts were used. Sounds great- thanks

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.