SVTF front brake pads - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-14-2005, 06:00 PM   #1
Jopala
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5902
What I Drive: 2002 blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 23 Jopala Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
SVTF front brake pads

Evenin' folks,

I've been looking through the threads trying to see if I could find a similar thread to what I'm curious of but so far haven't so if you know this is covered elsewhere, just shoot me a link to it and I'll be a happy camper!

So anyways, I went to replace my brake pads a few days ago and went to advanced autoparts to get front and rear pads for my '02 SVTF. The guy pulled it up in his little database and sold me the pads for front and rear. I had a friend help me with the install cause I'm still quite a bit car dumb and the rear pads were cake. The front pads however didn't look like the pads that were already on the wheels. Here's what the guy sold me:
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=219&ptset=A

The pads on my car didnt have the little hook shape on each end of the pad...more like a sideways "T" maybe? Anyways, the guy that was helping me was a touch too paranoid about giving those a shot because they did indeed look different. Are those supposed to still fit with no problem? I actually took them back to AAP and got my money back for now, but if those are what I was supposed to use, then I'll go get them again. Anyone have thoughts or advise or info to throw at me?

Thanks,
Jopala

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2005, 08:26 AM   #2
Jopala
Focus Enthusiast

Frustration rises...

So I went to a local Ford dealer and asked them to please show me the brake pads for the front wheels for a 2002 SVTF and the pads that the guy showed me looked exactly the same as the pads in the link in my previous post. So I went back to AAP and bought the pads (again) and attempted to install them on my front wheels. They did not fit at all. Does anyone know what the deal is with that? Even Ford tells me those pads fit but they do not. I'm not the brightest but I'm pretty sure I have the stock Calibers and the pads that are currently on there are Ford pads as well. So far no one seems to have really anything to say as of yet to me about this...

Does anyone have any input on this at all?
Old 03-28-2005, 04:23 PM   #3
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing MemberWD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Is there still an original part number on your stock pads?
The number may be stamped on them.

The only other suggestion I have,
is for you to bring the pads to the Dealer so they can match them up.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:25 AM   #4
Zach16789
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1790
What I Drive: 2000 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Zach16789 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The pads for my zx3, look exactly like that i don't know if there is a difference in the pads, but mine look just like those.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:15 AM   #5
Jopala
Focus Enthusiast

I went back to the dealer yesterday to find that now the guy says they don't have the correct pads in stock and that when they showed me the pads last visit they had shown me the wrong pads anyways. I also asked them if they have a picture anywhere of what, according to them, were my pads and they were unable to find any pictures.

I checked the website for NAPA and found that they seem to have my brake pad
http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/nc...grpid=83273644

The picture is exactly what my pads looks like. I called the NAPA stores in my area and go figure none of them have this pad in stock. I also checked with Pepboys online site which they had the EBC Green Stuff pads which I figured I could give a shot but I can't even get ahold of the closest Pepboys over the phone. I came to the conclusion that the best route for actually getting the right pads would very likely mean I would have to order them or give my car to a Ford dealership and then they would "miraculously" all of a sudden have my pads in stock. So I gave in and made an online purchase. I bought the pads from www.brakesrus.com (they were selling maybe $10 or so cheaper than pepboys). I don't know much about that site so does anyone know how legit that site is? I was getting frustrated with having difficulty finding any sites that actually sold the pads (I think between just being tired in general and ready to be done with this stuff it might have hindered my capability to do good online searches for a good place to order from). So hopefully, I'll be having the correct pads arriving at my house by Friday...hopefully. And it looks like I'm rambling a bit so I'm gonna end this post for now.

I never really thought finding the right pad for the SVT would give me this much grief...of course, it probably doesn't help that I'm still a newbie in thie world of vehicular technology anyways...

Jopala

Bookmarks & Social Networks