Make something better and something else breaks... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Interior Mods & Upgrades

SVT Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the 2002-204 SVT Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #1
b.pearson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 130617
What I Drive: 2003 Infrared SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 2 b.pearson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Make something better and something else breaks...

I always like changing the lighting in my car, my last car was red with black leather interior and I had red LED strips above the doors on both sides, in the top of the back window on both sides, and in the trunk on both sides, then replaced the existing footwell lights with red LEDs

So I wanted to do the same in the SVT, but haven't found great places to put the lights yet. But I got a red bulb for the existing dome light

I love it. But then a day after I put it in I hit one of the lovely Minnesota potholes and cracked my exhaust in half

Went to an exhaust shop and asked them to weld it back up and they said they couldn't so now I'm gonna have to drive 50 miles to my friends house so I can use his. The car sounds so terrible right now

2003 SVT ZX5- EAP rims, FSWerks Race cat-back exhaust, FSWerks SRI, Spectre cone filter & breather filter, FSWerks front splitter, SAP rear diffuser, upgraded throttle body (Size and brand unsure), HID headlights, more to come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #2
onlycodered
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 149570
What I Drive: '09 Vista Blue SES coupe 5spd

FF Reputation: 4 onlycodered Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
What was their reasoning behind why they can't weld it? I had my exhaust just completely split in half on a 10 year old Civic and I had a local shop weld it back together. Mind you I live in the salt belt too!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:11 AM   #3
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 74686
What I Drive: '03 ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 Mile30 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
If the rust is "soaked" into the metal it may not leave much material to weld.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:43 PM   #4
b.pearson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 130617
What I Drive: 2003 Infrared SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 2 b.pearson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It's the only shop near me that welds and he looked at it then said it was too broken to weld back up, but he could replace it for $200. Guessing he figures if I'm there asking him to do it that I have no idea what's wrong. I know it can be welded back up its just some surface rust on it and you can easily push the pipe back together so it sits flush
2003 SVT ZX5- EAP rims, FSWerks Race cat-back exhaust, FSWerks SRI, Spectre cone filter & breather filter, FSWerks front splitter, SAP rear diffuser, upgraded throttle body (Size and brand unsure), HID headlights, more to come!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->