Roush high flow exhuast - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-02-2014, 06:25 PM   #1
RaceRedFocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 153202
What I Drive: 2012 race red focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 RaceRedFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Roush high flow exhuast

Does anyone know how loud this system is? Also if i lower the car later on will this effect the pipe since its 3" diameter... ps I know my car doesnt need 3" piping i just like the Roush kit because of its look and sound not worried about overall hp/torque and Im also waiting for the possibility of the Roushcharger for our cars.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,462, Level 65
Points: 9,462, Level: 65 Points: 9,462, Level: 65 Points: 9,462, Level: 65
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRedFocus View Post
Does anyone know how loud this system is? Also if i lower the car later on will this effect the pipe since its 3" diameter... ps I know my car doesnt need 3" piping i just like the Roush kit because of its look and sound not worried about overall hp/torque and Im also waiting for the possibility of the Roushcharger for our cars.

The Roushcharger is never going to happen. It was basically just a SEMA show car for 2011 and was shown at NAIAS 2012.

The Roush catback exhaust for the ST is loud, rough and resonant on the car it was designed for, the 2013 Focus ST, I can't even imagine how awful it would sound on the N/A at 12:1 compression.

Some people like that, but personally it made the car feel like it was dying and shaking itself to death.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #3
Mr.N00bLaR
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 145466
What I Drive: '14 Black Focus SE

Points 367, Level 7
Points: 367, Level: 7 Points: 367, Level: 7 Points: 367, Level: 7
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 2 Mr.N00bLaR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
I have not personally heard the exhaust but from hearing other NA engines with 3inch exhausts... I would say this is not the exhaust for a daily driver. The sound will be incredibly loud when driving around town and especially when you get on the throttle. I would stick with 2.5.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
RaceRedFocus
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
The Roushcharger is never going to happen. It was basically just a SEMA show car for 2011 and was shown at NAIAS 2012.

The Roush catback exhaust for the ST is loud, rough and resonant on the car it was designed for, the 2013 Focus ST, I can't even imagine how awful it would sound on the N/A at 12:1 compression.

Some people like that, but personally it made the car feel like it was dying and shaking itself to death.
Well that's a bumer i was really looking forward to a Roush charger for it. Also I looked at the videos Roush had of their exhaust on the ST. might have been the camera they used but it didn't sound extremely loud to me, but I'm used to driving my mustang that had a off road mid pipe and magnaflow exhaust. Can you explain the rough part of it? Like did it just in general shake the interior of the car? What other catbacks that are center exhaust would you recommend?
Old 04-02-2014, 07:56 PM   #5
suss6052
Focus Addict

Points 9,462, Level 65
Level Up 38% Completed
Forum Activity 29%
Quote:
Well that's a bumer i was really looking forward to a Roush charger for it. Also I looked at the videos Roush had of their exhaust on the ST. might have been the camera they used but it didn't sound extremely loud to me, but I'm used to driving my mustang that had a off road mid pipe and magnaflow exhaust. Can you explain the rough part of it? Like did it just in general shake the interior of the car? What other catbacks that are center exhaust would you recommend?
The video is not a true example of how it sounds, they muffled the camera's microphone. I have had personal experience with the Roush Catback and it was much gruffer, and sounded terrible.

It vibrated through the floor pan and seats at various engine speed and load points, and it drowned out the stereo.

I can't recommend anything bigger than the Flowmaster or Magnaflow ST exhausts which are 2.25-2.5" Maybe the Ford Racing one, or the new Mountune one, but ideally you want something that's laid out like the stock ST exhaust with at least two mufflers and or resonators to control the drone.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #6
RaceRedFocus
Focus Rookie

Quote:
The video is not a true example of how it sounds, they muffled the camera's microphone. I have had personal experience with the Roush Catback and it was much gruffer, and sounded terrible.

It vibrated through the floor pan and seats at various engine speed and load points, and it drowned out the stereo.

I can't recommend anything bigger than the Flowmaster or Magnaflow ST exhausts which are 2.25-2.5" Maybe the Ford Racing one, or the new Mountune one, but ideally you want something that's laid out like the stock ST exhaust with at least two mufflers and or resonators to control the drone.
Im not really worried too much about drone as much as Im the sound. As for shaking before i switched to magnaflow on my mustang I had LM1's on my mustang with a off road pipe so loud and drone is fine with me. As for the vibration that sounds a little odd to me that it would vibrate that much the system on my mustang didnt vibe too much for what it was. Do all the ST exhaust systems fit on the non ST models? If so I would deff start looking into them or possibly have something custom made.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #7
suss6052
Focus Addict

Points 9,462, Level 65
Level Up 38% Completed
Forum Activity 29%
Quote:
Im not really worried too much about drone as much as Im the sound. As for shaking before i switched to magnaflow on my mustang I had LM1's on my mustang with a off road pipe so loud and drone is fine with me. As for the vibration that sounds a little odd to me that it would vibrate that much the system on my mustang didnt vibe too much for what it was. Do all the ST exhaust systems fit on the non ST models? If so I would deff start looking into them or possibly have something custom made.
None of the ST exhaust systems are a straight bolt on anyway as the downpipe flange is rotated 45 degrees relative to the flange on the N/A exhaust manifold with catalytic converter. It's something that any exhaust shop can take care of, but it's not going to be a direct bolt on as the front section needs some modification to bolt up to the car and still fit under the floor pan as it does on the ST.

The floor pan is the same, and the rear section would mount in the same manner, but you need to be able to join the two halves together.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #8
RaceRedFocus
Focus Rookie

Quote:
None of the ST exhaust systems are a straight bolt on anyway as the downpipe flange is rotated 45 degrees relative to the flange on the N/A exhaust manifold with catalytic converter. It's something that any exhaust shop can take care of, but it's not going to be a direct bolt on as the front section needs some modification to bolt up to the car and still fit under the floor pan as it does on the ST.

The floor pan is the same, and the rear section would mount in the same manner, but you need to be able to join the two halves together.
Weird the Roush kit says it fits the N/A focus. Anyway I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to remedy that issue. Guess well see what I go with. I'll have to look up reviews on all the systems and pick one that fits what i want. Though being a high compression engine the non ST focus has a higher pitched sound?
Old 04-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #9
Rat Fink
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92487
What I Drive: Ford, and vintage Dodge

FF Reputation: 6 Rat Fink Good Standing Member
Roush exhaust sounds horrible on a Mustang. I can't even imagine how bad that type of exhaust would sound on a 4 banger piss-pot

Bookmarks & Social Networks