Possible front brake issue........? - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-27-2014, 02:22 PM   #21
focusETSzx4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 120097
What I Drive: 2005 zx4 & 2012 se

FF Reputation: 1 focusETSzx4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
If your control arm bushings were shot enough to make noise, just staying on the road would be enough of an issue the noise would be the least of the worries. Rubber bushes are pretty thick, metal on metal would be a LOT of wobble.

Not sure what kind of anti-rattle clips are std. on your brakes, can't see a set from here and the '04's are different. Clips missing that SHOULD be there can certainly cause the rattle they're supposed to prevent.

I was describing pads that would move back & forth when inserted in the holder - a bad fit. Not common, but it happens. Like the set of pads i got not long ago for a job that were cut at an angle, instead of parallel to the backer plates. those wouldn't have worked for bleep.
Well i got Wagner thermoquiets from oreilly. They say they're specific OEM replacements but I took the whole thing apart again today and noticed some chipping on the back of the pad. Like it's been knocking against something. I bought new retainer clips today and installed them and it seems my issue has toned down. I still hear noises but I've also been noticing the same noises coming from my wife's 2012 se. It must be a ford thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2014, 06:55 PM   #22
focusETSzx4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 120097
What I Drive: 2005 zx4 & 2012 se

FF Reputation: 1 focusETSzx4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Feel like I'm beating a dead horse and I apologize. I lubed everything up, still the same sound. Been researching and found that some after market pads for this model are a hair smaller than the OEM pads. I'm going to get new rotors and pads and see if that fixes my problem.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->