PowerWorks SVT kit - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-11-2005, 09:28 PM   #1
Sonic04SVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8295
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Sonic04SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
PowerWorks SVT kit

Maybe this should go in the FI forum...but its strickly for SVT owners so I posted it here, mods do what you think is best.

If anyone wants the powerworks M62 intercooled eaton setup to be produced for the SVT Focus, you need to e-mail: powerworks@cosworth-technology.com and let them know your interested in it (see www.powerworks.net for more info also).

I just got an e-mail response from them today and they said:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the SVT kit, we're in the process of studying the market to determine if there is a solid business (i.e. enough buyers to make it profitable).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just passing along the info! Personally I think the normal zetec kit is producing some amazing results:

If the SVT kit offered similar results this would be my 1st choice for FI, and you'd be looking at 260+whp easily with the roots power curve (aka instant boost), and room to grow. What more could you ask for?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2005, 09:31 PM   #2
popecruz
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17124
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 popecruz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Can't afford it, and as useless as my warranty is, i don't want to void it yet. However, if a simple email (no obligation) is needed, id be willing to email them, because thats definitely a good system.
All your hard work and training for AutoX and you get sliding off the road and jacking your suspension named after you. That sucks.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:10 PM   #3
Silver03SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10546
What I Drive: 2009 Subaru WRX

FF Reputation: 1 Silver03SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Vortech, Powerworks, and Procharger. Im likeing the options here. All 3 will put you at 280 bhp with the potential for more. Now if I could only come up with 5k for one of them...

1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Old 03-11-2005, 10:19 PM   #4
rockthezx3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2116
What I Drive: 05 Silver WRX Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 rockthezx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'll wait to see what the powerworks does for power, but so far I've been leaning towards the ProCharger.
...now with dyno tuned stage 2
Old 03-11-2005, 10:27 PM   #5
crazymechanic
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
I got the same email when I contacted powerworks about an svt kit. I definitely want to get one of their setups if they make it, I'm already starting to save. I don't think it'll end up costing near 5 g's, after all, the JRSC is selling for well below retail, why would the powerworks stay up at retail?
Old 03-11-2005, 10:40 PM   #6
HTPerformance

Fan#:
Ive got an M90 sitting in my closet... i just need to design the intake adapter/manifold and a TB adapter....

Brian

Old 03-11-2005, 11:20 PM   #7
Hypnotic
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17757
What I Drive: 02 Black SVTF with an 04 heart

FF Reputation: 1 Hypnotic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (27)
<is a Powerworks dealer

SVT Squad #109
Old 03-11-2005, 11:26 PM   #8
PapoSwing
Regulator...mount up

Fan#: 3062
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 28 PapoSwing Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Thing is the price $$$$ The procharger is looking like the best deal right now.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:30 PM   #9
Hypnotic
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17757
What I Drive: 02 Black SVTF with an 04 heart

FF Reputation: 1 Hypnotic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (27)
Quote:
Originally posted by PapoSwing
Thing is the price $$$$ The procharger is looking like the best deal right now.
Negative sir. If you purchase the Vortech tuner kit from CFM or other supplier, its $2300, add the $500 in for the MAF/Injectors and then another $345 for a tune, and voila, you are making as much power as the Procharger, its no where near the ground or damage as theirs, and its more reliable than the JRSC.....
But the Powerworks is going to include ALL that for their price...

SVT Squad #109
Old 03-12-2005, 12:50 AM   #10
Sonic04SVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8295
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Sonic04SVT Good Standing Member
I used to think procharger would be the route I would want to go, but then I realized some things:

First the procharger setup for the SVT (unless they changed it) has no tuning with it. Not a big deal but things add up if you do it right, and being that hardly anyone has a procharged SVT tuning will have to be very custom (granted this is a good thing in a way, if you have a good tuner that is).

Second, they mount the supercharger in a position in which I could see something hitting it (it's very low), or at the very least I have to wonder how the supercharger would hold up after thousands of miles of driving (water splashes etc..). Maybe I am way off on this, but it seems like something to think about. It's somewhat better then the Vortech since you don't have to relocate the battery or anything like that though.

Third, they also mount the intercooler on the bottom side of the engine instead of in the front bumper area like most kits (unless they changed this?). I don't really like that idea either, again more of a chance to be damaged.

Besides all of those things, the one thing about the procharger vs the PowerWorks is the power curve. The procharger will be more upper RPM based whereas the PowerWorks will be instant boost, you can see on the normal zetec that power was already up at 2300RPM. Usually roots offer great low-mid power but start falling off on top (depending on how far the blower unit is being pushed), whereas centrifigal superchargers (such as the vortech and the procharger) make some midrange and then great top end. From what I can see in the powerworks at 12psi there is no real drop happening at upper RPM, so the blower must still be in it's efficiency range. But I still would not doubt the procharger might make more peak power, but if the powerworks came close...yet offered additional power from 2000RPM and up, I'd much rather have the powerworks. It would be a very fun car to drive day to day with power all over like that.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->