What tuners are available? - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 12:09 AM   #41
Mr.N00bLaR
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Fan#: 145466
Location: WNY, NY
What I Drive: '14 Black Focus SE

Posts: 120
FF Reputation: 2 Mr.N00bLaR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
I agree with what you said , the dealership has no way of checking this tho , a changed strategy can be see , they say it cannot but I know it can it voided the warranty on my SVT

suss , I change my post , thanks

Tom
I know there was a lot of fuss in the cobalt community when a company alleged there tunes were undetectable because we all knew that it could be discovered that tunes were flashed.

I don't think dealerships are unable to pull this information. Especially if you come in with strange / out of the norm damage.
__________________
Focus SE, 2014: Black Sedan

Last edited by Mr.N00bLaR; 04-06-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Mr.N00bLaR is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #42
TrueDreams
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Fan#: 134217
Location: Richmond, Canada
What I Drive: 13 Tuxedo Black Ti HB, winter+handl

Posts: 191
FF Reputation: 1 TrueDreams Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjanracing View Post
I just went with the Injected Tuner. I'm super happy with it. It will flash back to stock in addition to 3 octane tunes and DCT tune. It doesn't change the strategy codes. Don't buy into or believe all the put downs made by the other tuner on this forum about this unit. It's great.
I'm sorry to tell you but they royally messed up people with 2013 Focus. It does in fact change strategies and please note that this should have an affect on 2013 Ford Focus Ti dct. I'm not sure on build date yet but I'll check later. It changed 2 of my strategies and their only reply was it's a newer stock Ford strategy...

Well heck I never got it from Ford so I don't know how they think Ford will let it slide.

And I've spent almost a grand Canadian dollars into these 2 and I would know...

And yes be happy with your canned tune they work and it's safe I've had it dynoed. But for the same money as an xcal3 or if you spend a bit for an xcal4 you get Tom with data logging and custom N/A tune and get this as a bonus you get the whole SCT company supporting you! I've talked to 3 workers at SCT to sort things out and they've replied me promptly and always helped!

Good luck with getting a reply from injected after you buy the product and get your update. They left the Focus world and I hardly see a single update/progress with them.
TrueDreams is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:39 PM   #43
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04
 
darkangelism's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85425
Location: oklahoma city, OK
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

Posts: 7,278
FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreams View Post
I'm sorry to tell you but they royally messed up people with 2013 Focus. It does in fact change strategies and please note that this should have an affect on 2013 Ford Focus Ti dct. I'm not sure on build date yet but I'll check later. It changed 2 of my strategies and their only reply was it's a newer stock Ford strategy...

Well heck I never got it from Ford so I don't know how they think Ford will let it slide.

And I've spent almost a grand Canadian dollars into these 2 and I would know...

And yes be happy with your canned tune they work and it's safe I've had it dynoed. But for the same money as an xcal3 or if you spend a bit for an xcal4 you get Tom with data logging and custom N/A tune and get this as a bonus you get the whole SCT company supporting you! I've talked to 3 workers at SCT to sort things out and they've replied me promptly and always helped!

Good luck with getting a reply from injected after you buy the product and get your update. They left the Focus world and I hardly see a single update/progress with them.
So what was the dyno difference between the injected and Tom's tune?
__________________
2012 Ti Hatch
Sonic Crew #04
Steeda SRI/Newmission | Steeda RSB | SMC Replica ST Wing | SMC Aluminum Oil cap | Injected Tune | 2.5" custom exhaust
darkangelism is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:30 PM   #44
Eminaga
Focus Addict
 
Eminaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Fan#: 123953
Location: Waterloo, IA
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE (Performance Blue)

Posts: 871
FF Reputation: 1 Eminaga Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I heard Injected sold their focus, so it seems to be rigth when people say "they left the focus world". I would not go with them as they do not even have a car to work on any longer.
__________________
*Snorkel/Shroud Delete, ITG Filter, Full ST Exhaust, E-RMM, Steeda RSB, Vogtland Springs, 180* T-Stat, Custom SCT Tune by Tom @ Focus-Power*
Eminaga is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #45
TrueDreams
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Fan#: 134217
Location: Richmond, Canada
What I Drive: 13 Tuxedo Black Ti HB, winter+handl

Posts: 191
FF Reputation: 1 TrueDreams Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My car has a bell housing leak it's stock and won't be back on a dyno any time soon.

I made 161whp and 143ft lb I believe on a Mustang Dyno with dyno jet corrections. I have a ti fully loaded so it's heavier but was on winter rims and tires with Magna flow 2.25" catback and a steeda cold air intake. Good numbers I'm happy with it and afr was safe at wide open throttle. The focus makes my numbers crank from Ford and the power band was more linear than a slightly modded and tuned frs they peak.
TrueDreams is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:22 PM   #46
Jburks
Focus Addict
 
Jburks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Fan#: 145009
Location: Vancouver, WA
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus Hatchback SE RR DCT

Posts: 977
FF Reputation: 1 Jburks Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreams View Post
My car has a bell housing leak it's stock and won't be back on a dyno any time soon.

I made 161whp and 143ft lb I believe on a Mustang Dyno with dyno jet corrections. I have a ti fully loaded so it's heavier but was on winter rims and tires with Magna flow 2.25" catback and a steeda cold air intake. Good numbers I'm happy with it and afr was safe at wide open throttle. The focus makes my numbers crank from Ford and the power band was more linear than a slightly modded and tuned frs they peak.
So you had exhaust, intake and tune and put down 161whp or just intake and exhaust? i already have an intake but i plan to do the tune and exhaust in the future and i'm hoping to be putting down around 175whp.
__________________
2014 Focus SE DCT RR. "Fiona"
Mods- Green Drop in-Snorkel Delete-plastidip-RokBlokz
Instagram- _jburks_
Build thread-http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382642
Jburks is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #47
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04
 
darkangelism's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85425
Location: oklahoma city, OK
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

Posts: 7,278
FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminaga View Post
I heard Injected sold their focus, so it seems to be rigth when people say "they left the focus world". I would not go with them as they do not even have a car to work on any longer.
I don't think it met the reserve price, also lots of tuners don't own all of the models they do tuning on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburks View Post
So you had exhaust, intake and tune and put down 161whp or just intake and exhaust? i already have an intake but i plan to do the tune and exhaust in the future and i'm hoping to be putting down around 175whp.
Every car is different, every dyno is different, weather conditions matter. Comparing the results unless they were done back to back on the same dyno on the same day is not going to be accurate, so you might get that.
__________________
2012 Ti Hatch
Sonic Crew #04
Steeda SRI/Newmission | Steeda RSB | SMC Replica ST Wing | SMC Aluminum Oil cap | Injected Tune | 2.5" custom exhaust
darkangelism is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:56 PM   #48
Kjanracing
Focus Enthusiast
 
Kjanracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Fan#: 135409
Location: Westminster, CO
What I Drive: 2014 Ruby Red SE hatch with DCT

Posts: 227
FF Reputation: 2 Kjanracing Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Both the guys that post from Injected say they drive Mk3s. I got a PM from Tom telling me he does have 2 also, so I stand corrected. My strategy numbers have stayed the same. Overall, I'm very happy with the Injected tune. I had my reasons for going with them. Make your own choice and be happy with it.
__________________
K&N drop in. Ceramic Smervic bearing retrofit. DCT Phase Detractor delete. Injected Tune. Back Joy seat cushion.
Kjanracing is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:12 PM   #49
TrueDreams
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Fan#: 134217
Location: Richmond, Canada
What I Drive: 13 Tuxedo Black Ti HB, winter+handl

Posts: 191
FF Reputation: 1 TrueDreams Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm sure your car came with newer strategies being 2014. So they should advertise that.

Or tell people to use it out of warranty.

Yes I only made 161whp and 143ft lb each dynoed different and I've heard Mustang dyno corrected to dynojet isn't always right.

91 tune 2.25" magnaflow cat back and steeda cai.

The car felt great.

I want to make more tq and hp but the only way to find out if my exhaust is my limiting factor is to get a 2.5" and re dyno with toms tune later on.

But I will not be going back to ie tune ever again because I can't. I went through a lot to get my car back to stock with sct. Numerous long distance calls and emails.

Any now I will say it again. The ie Tune is safe! And it makes decent power and feels great and it's linear. They just didn't provide me with it will alter older mk3 strategies to newer strategies. And now I'm out $400 usd of hard earned money.
TrueDreams is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #50
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
 
Sonic_HedgeHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Fan#: 50003
Location: Albuquerque, NM
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

Posts: 13,489
FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
What tuners are available?

So, I'm going to be Capt Obvious for a minute...

Who in the hell ever thought that tuning their vehicle wouldn't void at least part of their warranty???

Thank you... You may now return to your argument about numbers
__________________
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Sonic_HedgeHog is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.