You're doing it wrong! AKA Rice Reports(Post autofails here!) - Page 54 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-05-2003, 01:42 PM   #531
GonFishin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 262
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2006 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 GonFishin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Rice-X is da $hit!! Just one spray and the center mounted antenna on my Focus was immediately restored to a common (non RC car look alike) position. Oh, and you'd be amazed at how well it removed the stock ground effect looking non-painted pieces + door trim and non painted handles from my car. I'm thankful my ZX3 didn't come with the chrome strip across the center of the hatch. I'd need an industrial strength bottle of Rice-X to get rid of that!! I think I'd need a bottle of Rice-X that attaches to a pressure washer sprayer if I had a new Tiburon though....wheew, glad I don't have one of those!!

2006 Mustang GT / Intake / Exhaust / Tune
roughly 290rwhp & 315rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2003, 02:06 PM   #532
hendu33
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 659
What I Drive: 2000 Focus SE/Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 hendu33 Good Standing Member
Yeah, the Tiburon definitely wins the riciest stock car award. Those engineers must've watched f&f nonstop while designing that monstrosity.
Old 11-05-2003, 03:27 PM   #533
avengerc4
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(

Fan#: 493
What I Drive: 02 PWorks SVTF, 2014 Subaru Outback

FF Reputation: 4 avengerc4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
hey I kinda like the tiburan ;) yah right
Old 11-06-2003, 10:40 AM   #534
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Fan#: 1083
What I Drive: '13 Mazdaspeed 3; '87 'Stang

FF Reputation: 9 TORQUERULES Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT THE NEW TIBURON, OR THE MODEL BEFORE IT? YOU KNOW THE ONE THAT DID TRY TO LOOK LIKE A SHARK. IT WAS PRETTY RICEY!
Old 11-06-2003, 11:13 AM   #535
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing MemberChick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Matt, I was laughing about what you said and I know what you were talkin about!
Tiburon..lol...the ones before this newer model were UGLY. Plus Aaron and I called them lesbian cars...just take a look at them and you will see.
Gonfishin, man you just made me pee myself...
Old 11-06-2003, 11:36 AM   #536
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing MemberChick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Well, I'd pay the extra $ for the options on this baby:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	segway-r[1].jpg
Views:	360
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	645  

Old 11-06-2003, 12:42 PM   #537
awebb
Focus Addict

Fan#: 259
What I Drive: 2003 ZX3 Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 1 awebb Good Standing Member
@ Ashley - That has to be the funniest thing that I have seen in a long time. All they need to be completely accurate is about ten more stickers. I think using the ricer formula of the ratio of stickers to surface area of the car that would be about right.

Speed: AEM Short Ram Intake, Focus Central Race Header, Custom 2.25" Header-Back Exhaust.

Looks: Red Shorty Antenna, Superblue headlights.

Last edited by awebb; 11-06-2003 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:59 PM   #538
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
What's so "rice" about this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	005335-e.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	646  

Old 11-06-2003, 02:03 PM   #539
avengerc4
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(

Fan#: 493
What I Drive: 02 PWorks SVTF, 2014 Subaru Outback

FF Reputation: 4 avengerc4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
well I actually do like the new tiburon...their ok...jsut the old ones are gay and the repainted ones look so fake...the ones around her ethat have body kits they never match up and make the car look like crap...really...but anyways I love that scooter...can I have one??? For the low low price of 10 bucks u 2 could have an awesome car moped thingy :)))
Old 11-06-2003, 02:56 PM   #540
GonFishin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 262
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2006 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 GonFishin Good Standing Member
Should I start with the wing, shark gills, or duel exhaust??
I actually don't think the new Tiburon looks too terribly bad stock, but once some ground effects go on it, it doesn't matter how much hp it has, it's rice. The design just doesn't support ground effects well. Korean cars also have fugly headlights, and there's no way I'd own one because of the crappy engines/trannies. They're pretty quick if you get the 6-cyl, but it feels really loose like it could just crumble at any minute. With all the tension in Korea right now between the North/South, don't expect them to concentrate too much on their quality. If they moved their factories over here to America (or somewhere else somewhat comperable), their quality would probably improve, but they'd raise the price also which would be counter productive for their great amount of proffit they generate per car (which is probably a lot more than you think).
Besides:: with what we are basically considering "ricey" (car looks like a great performer, but actually sux performance wise)...that car as stock is near the top of the bowl of rice as are many of the Korean cars (not that they look like great performers, but even as d#mn ugly as they are, they still look better than they drive.....Rio, Sephia, SPECTRA...not to point any fingers...lol)
PS..don't consider their warranty as a sign of their quality. It's just a sales gimmick. If you ever pay attention to their commercials, you'll notice the "SUNDAY!! SUNDAY!! SUNDAY!! OUR DEALS ARE OUTRAGIOUS!!! WITH PRICES THIS LOW, WE MUST BE INSANE!!!" kinda advertising. Everything with them is WAY exagerated, and their warranty is no exception. They just wanna be a high volume seller. If anyone were to build disposable car that you could drive a few miles and throw away, Korea would lead the way with probably Mexico in a close 2nd (the mexico comment doesn't say too much for american cars either...Japanese are great because they'll do anything to be a step ahead of the U.S., but if we quit buying for dependability, they'll surely quit making dependable products...coughELECTONICScough...lol).

2006 Mustang GT / Intake / Exhaust / Tune
roughly 290rwhp & 315rwtq

Last edited by GonFishin; 11-06-2003 at 03:11 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks