You're doing it wrong! AKA Rice Reports(Post autofails here!) - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-09-2003, 12:52 PM   #11
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Hey matt,
Congrats on the award on your stang . I saw a 72 nova this weekend with the big aluminum wing grafted on the trunk like a tumor, come on, some of those things look okay on a new import ( I said SOME), but on a 72 nova , at least I don't like the 72 nova much, if it had been a 66 nova I would have died on the spot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2003, 08:09 PM   #12
Zarelli6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 411
What I Drive: '89 Volvo 744Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Zarelli6 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
ZTSRacer... that IS one of the coolest wings that ive seen but that thing is freakin 400 bucks!! i dunno about that
Old 09-10-2003, 12:22 AM   #13
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Quote:
Originally posted by mattsstang87
Hey ZX3_Chick, I am from Ripley WV. Where are you from? Check out my Focus pic in the Photos section!

Come on guys! Any more rice sightings?
I'm from Moorefield on the eastern panhandle. I'm not sure where Ripley is but I've heard of it. I haven't seen any rice today. I really didn't go anywhere.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:10 AM   #14
vanace
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 350
What I Drive: 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 1 vanace Good Standing Member
OK, I don't want to sound bad at all or anything but I have a tenzo racing wing on my Foci and it looks very good actually..

looks are a matter of taste... you like your car with the wing? that is great.. it is your car and you drive it... me personally ANY tall wing like that looks bad on ANY car... exept maybe a dragster that it actually serves a purpose...... just my taste
ST crew #18
Old 09-10-2003, 03:55 AM   #15
ZTSRacer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 536
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 ZTSRacer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Zarelli6
ZTSRacer... that IS one of the coolest wings that ive seen but that thing is freakin 400 bucks!! i dunno about that

I don't know if you saw the right wing or not so I included a pic on this one to show which wing I have installed on my foci, it looks damn hot on my twilight blue foci.

The picture attached is the wing I have except I have circuit style brackets instead of pro racing brackets.
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2003, 07:36 AM   #16
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Lets face facts, very few cars on the road actually have wings that work, they are mostly for style. Most of the old school guys like me think the new wings are a bit much. However, I do see some of them (even the tall ones) that look good on a few cars. It is just that some wings don't belong on some cars, its like the guy never thought about what it would look like on the car, he just bought it and stuck it on, I really wonder, when you see one that really looks bad ( we've all seen that one), is the guy really that dense or did he spend the big bucks on the wing and then he installs it, it looks like a$$ but he leaves it on anyway because he's out of money for a new one??
Old 09-10-2003, 11:22 AM   #17
oracleguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73
What I Drive: 02 Cloud9 ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 oracleguy Good Standing Member
I saw this one civic that was amusing. You know how the top of the trunk is kinda curved or whatever? Well this guy had a big ass wing on it and it mounted to a metal plate. And they tighted the bolts down too much and it was bending the base along the contours of the trunk. Looked really goofy. The wing was obviously not designed for that car.

There is this old red LeBaron at my school. Has a big silver whale tale and black flames on the side and a fart cannon. I'll have to grab the digi from my car and take a pic.
02 Cloud9 ZTS - Windows tinted, Volant Cold Air Intake, FC 65mm Throttle Body, Phoenix Gold speakers, clear corner lenses, fog light mod, 2.25in Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Redline Tuning hood quick lift kit.

SVT Upper Front Grill and Euro lower grill is up next.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:35 AM   #18
ZTSRacer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 536
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 ZTSRacer Good Standing Member
I have two friends who have foci that both have wings on their's and they look really good, one of my friends has an all black tenzo racing wing and that is where I first saw it and it looked awesome on his sedan.

That is why I got my wing because I knew it would look good on my sedan.

Some cars though don't deserve a wing like that green tauras that has fake hubs on it and the side wing panels upside down with a racing stripe.

That car is an ashame to all car owners
Old 09-11-2003, 05:53 AM   #19
awebb
Focus Addict

Fan#: 259
What I Drive: 2003 ZX3 Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 1 awebb Good Standing Member
A good 3/4 of the cars in my apartment complex are riced out. I do notice them drooling over my car though. LOL. The funniest thing that I have ever seen though is probably a wing with a good 4-4 1/2 feet of rise bolted on an early 90's civic. Looked like he "Custom made" the bracket to give it more height.

Speed: AEM Short Ram Intake, Focus Central Race Header, Custom 2.25" Header-Back Exhaust.

Looks: Red Shorty Antenna, Superblue headlights.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:40 AM   #20
focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 276
What I Drive: 4Dr Sony Edition

FF Reputation: 1 focus Good Standing Member
Ok you might have seen the foci before but I think it's tacky. Is that a role cage I see. GO HERE

What the hell is this?
The only thing I like about it is the airbags

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->