You're doing it wrong! AKA Rice Reports(Post autofails here!) - Page 104 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-16-2004, 11:07 AM   #1031
carrierx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11957
FF Reputation: 1 carrierx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
from autozone !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2004, 02:27 PM   #1032
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Fan#: 1083
What I Drive: '13 Mazdaspeed 3; '87 'Stang

FF Reputation: 9 TORQUERULES Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Dem's pimp'n beeotch!
Old 12-17-2004, 08:49 PM   #1033
Spooky03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15904
What I Drive: 03 Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 Spooky03 Good Standing Member
So let me get this straight. We have 'respect for Mazdas because their partially owned by Ford. But do we really have to respect the guy in the Mazda miata???

-F-O-R-D=Finding-Other-Racers- Disappointing
Old 12-17-2004, 08:53 PM   #1034
focus4dr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8489
What I Drive: 2004 Torch Red Mustang GT (40th Annaversery Edition)

FF Reputation: 1 focus4dr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
not at all... F[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] em, if they do something stupid, call them stupid.. :)

Mods:

Steeda: 2.25" stainless steel exhaust, UDP's, Dragon plenum, and CAI.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:28 PM   #1035
DrRay
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14474
What I Drive: A car

FF Reputation: 1 DrRay Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Spooky03
So let me get this straight. We have 'respect for Mazdas because their partially owned by Ford. But do we really have to respect the guy in the Mazda miata???
I respect Fords because they are partial owners of Mazda.

This is somehow better?

http://www.focusfanatics.com/gallery...sort=1&cat=512
Old 12-24-2004, 04:23 PM   #1036
jakedillon84
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7150
What I Drive: 2004 Twilight Blue ZX3 P.Z.E.V. 2.3L & 2003 Honda Shadow A.C.E. 750

FF Reputation: 1 jakedillon84 Good Standing Member
OK...if we're going to resurrect this thread, let's do it right! I've got another one fer yas...

Today I was on my way back from G-Vegas (Greenville, NC) when I was approached by a slime-green vehicle moving about 20 knots faster than the surrounding traffic. As the distance closed, it became more apparent that the level of suck I was about to encounter far surpassed anything I'd seen thus far. It was a worn-out late-'90s Mercury Sable, and from the looks of things it could've been used in the first Mad Max film. The joint had accumulated more dust than last-year's fruitcake and appeared to have stickers lining the fender (unable to verify due to vehicle's velocity). On the way by, the passenger tossed me a big 'ol toothy, cocky grin that reeked of goofiness and "come get some". Then I saw them. Yes...them. A large-diameter dual exhaust system that protruded approxmiately one foot from the rear bumper. Christ. My right hand screamed "third gear!" and my foot ached with lead. I'm glad my conscience (employed by the insurance company) was around to keep me out of trouble. The police presence was enough so that if I walked on patrol cars I could've walked to Belhaven without touching the ground.
-- -- -- -- -- --
SHIFT_dammit(!)
"This is my Focus! There are many like it, but this one is mine!"
Old 12-24-2004, 04:43 PM   #1037
focus4dr
Focus Enthusiast

Thats funny... but here is one for you...

I was sitting at a stop light the other day and this car pulled up next to me (a late 80's to early 90's Ford Probe, before the body style changed) and started revving the engine. I was on the phone so I just smiled at him and when the light turned green I took off like I normally would, not fast at all, and when I put it in 2nd gear I heard him slam on the gas pedel, so I stepped on the gas at 15 - 20 mph and crushed him. so at about 45 MPH I took my foot off the accelerator and finally he cought up to me and passed me. The speed limit is 35, and I"m not trying to get a ticket in the new car. now, a little more about this Probe, he either had a shot of nitrous, or a turbo, cuz I heard some type of blow off or purge on it. So at the next stop light, he decided to get in front of me, and he pulled up to ANOTHER mustang, this time a Mustang MACH 1, and decided to race him. The Mach 1 had an entire car length on the probe before he got through the intersection. Some people just don't know when to quit, and when they will get crushed.

Mods:

Old 12-24-2004, 05:07 PM   #1038
jakedillon84
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7150
What I Drive: 2004 Twilight Blue ZX3 P.Z.E.V. 2.3L & 2003 Honda Shadow A.C.E. 750

FF Reputation: 1 jakedillon84 Good Standing Member
That's skippy bubba...real skippy. You've got to be packing THE SQUEEZE AND A TURBO to even think about being in the same league as a Mach 1 (or any V8-powered rocket sled) with a Probe. That or just plain ig'nant. Believe you me...those bloody things act like they've got two tachometers when you're on the loud pedal. Good story, mano. It reminds me of one of my most memorable (and easiest) victories.

What I love about the "Engine Revver" variant of the Ricer is their occaisional tendancy to screw up their theatrics just prior to launch. I was driving my Mustang once in Washington when some EXPLETIVE CRX rolled up beside me at the light, subwoofers blazing something about someone's mother. He blew his horn and shouted something (probably obscene, probably Spanish) or another and revved his sewing machine. Being a foolish young man with incredible zeal, I responded with my own salvo, and the race began. Only I noticed he wasn't beside me. He'd revved and dumped his clutch at green, but apparently hooked up (as if he could roast his tyres) a little too early. The engine stalled and left him sitting at the light. I'M LOVIN IT.
-- -- -- -- -- --
SHIFT_dammit(!)
"This is my Focus! There are many like it, but this one is mine!"
Old 12-30-2004, 07:39 AM   #1039
focus4dr
Focus Enthusiast

Ok guys, so yesterday I pulled into a BestBuy parking lot to see a Pontiac Sunbird with a 2ft wing hanging off the trunk (not litterally hanging, but it was on the trunk), a dual tip exhaust muffler, and some flames (outlines of the flames to be more specific)

Mods:

Old 12-30-2004, 05:41 PM   #1040
NCC28983
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9003
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVTF 3-door #1372 of 4788 Born 04/23/02

FF Reputation: 1 NCC28983 Good Standing Member
Wow 72 pages of this.. this is the longest thread I've seen!! keep up the good job guys! BTW thank god our cars look cool without all the crapy wings and stuff. I still don't understand why some people buy this stuff if it doesn't really perform a function but look like rice racers...

Wanna have fun on the backroads? - get a focus

Bookmarks & Social Networks