Performance Blue Ti Mk3 Build - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-26-2014, 12:31 AM   #1
Junk_Poet
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 120101
What I Drive: 2013 5dr Blue Focus Ti 5 Sp

FF Reputation: 1 Junk_Poet Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Performance Blue Ti Mk3 Build

My first real build thread ever!!

I finally got my car back after an accident that was 100% my fault (I rear ended a truck). After a very long 4.5 weeks it's finally back!

Here it is what the damage looked like:

As it got fixed I figured it was time to add a few mods that I wanted since I got the car. I really love the ST (wish I got one... I bet most of us do) but I didn't want to add the ST body kits because I didn't want my car to be something it wasn't. I bought the wing and rear from 3D carbon and also the ST side skirts from a seller on eBay. I had my body shop add everything to the car as they fixed the rest.

I'll try to have some better pictures in some clear daylight but here is the final product so far:

Today I also added a green filter (thank you jburks for the idea) and also the snorkel delete. It sounds really beefy with the green filter having the open end. I'm sure after I get over making the car sound loud I'll probably drive a little more conservative. Right now I've seen a decrease in MPG's but I have been driving much more aggressively. I plan to an exhaust, a tune, and maybe lower the car a little. This is my first modding a newer car. My first car was a 1965 Mustang 6 cylinder that you really can't do much to make it faster or look differently.

Last edited by Junk_Poet; 03-26-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
Jburks
Focus Addict

Fan#: 145009
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus Hatchback SE RR DCT

FF Reputation: 1 Jburks Good Standing Member
Looking good man! I really like the side skirts i'm going to have to look into that myself. I planed on doing the ST replica spoiler and i think those side skirts would go well with it.
Build thread-http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382642
Old 03-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #3
Junk_Poet
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburks View Post
Looking good man! I really like the side skirts i'm going to have to look into that myself. I planed on doing the ST replica spoiler and i think those side skirts would go well with it.
Thanks Jburks! Yeah the side skirts on ebay are pretty much half the price from everywhere else. The only problem is that the clips didn't fit as snugly with the skirts so the shop had to use some epoxy they said. I don't know much about auto body work but I don't think its anything that I couldn't reverse, not that I would want to. They did an awesome job and it looks like they should be there in the first place. I am happy with it. I'll post some better pictures later.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:45 PM   #4
Jburks
Focus Addict

Fan#: 145009
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus Hatchback SE RR DCT

FF Reputation: 1 Jburks Good Standing Member
Nice! i'm definitely going to have to look into that!
Build thread-http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382642
Old 04-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #5
Junk_Poet
Focus Enthusiast

Okay so I finally got around to taking some decent pictures. Still not awesome but at least the lighting is better. Oh and it just rained in San Diego (we can't say that too often) so don't mind that it's a bit dirty.

Last edited by Junk_Poet; 04-04-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:45 PM   #6
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

FF Reputation: 6 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
Nice car! I surprise you didn't totaled
Any air bag deployed!?
Glad it turned out well
Old 04-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #7
Junk_Poet
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CunFFS13 View Post
Nice car! I surprise you didn't totaled
Any air bag deployed!?
Glad it turned out well
Yeah I was surprised as well but you're right the airbags didn't go off. It was close to be totaled and to tell you the truth I wished it was because I had to wait over a month to get it fixed. Plus I didn't have rental (not going to do that again) so that was all out of pocket. Not to mention little things that may go wrong later. I would have just got the same car because I love my car.

Now that I have my car back I couldn't be happier (well I wish it faster here and there). It been running just fine and I definitely have a new infatuation with mods and improving the car.

As for improving performance, I've definitely have to decided if mods will equal the performance gains to the $$. Snorkel delete was a no brainer.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #8
Junk_Poet
Focus Enthusiast

Hey everyone. Sorry for any delay here, I've been busy with work and school and I finally got around to doing a small mod for the sub buy stuffing it so that it gives it a fuller sound. I basically went to Wal-Mart to buy Poly-fil and it was taking quite long time because it was somewhere in the back. I decided to just buy a cheap pillow for $2.00 with polyester fill instead of a $10 bag of poly-fil.

The result of mod was good. I swear that the bass hits harder and sometimes I feel the bass vibrating throughout the car.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #9
Salesguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 147626
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Grey Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 Salesguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Going to polyfil mine tomorrow. You shouldn't see any actual SPL gain (loudness) but you will get smoother frequency response and overall better sounding bass so it may just feel like that.

Polyfil is a must for these sub enclosures they have given us. They are just too tiny even for the underpowered sub that the car has.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #10
Junk_Poet
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salesguy View Post
Going to polyfil mine tomorrow. You shouldn't see any actual SPL gain (loudness) but you will get smoother frequency response and overall better sounding bass so it may just feel like that.

Polyfil is a must for these sub enclosures they have given us. They are just too tiny even for the underpowered sub that the car has.
Yeah it was definitely one of those no brainer mods here. I was scared of putting the poly near any wires or in back of the speaker for that matter. I know that if there was ever a short that it would be a recipe for disaster.

Bookmarks & Social Networks