Fusion or Escape 6spd auto a possible replacement for the DCT? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-26-2014, 04:25 PM   #11
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111245
What I Drive: 2012 blue se hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 bluehatch14 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonKaiser View Post
Thanks for the response Todd but I'd been there and done that--twice I think. The last regional CSM I dealt with wasn't very "customer service" oriented and I would prefer to not deal with her again. Last time I dealt with "my" regional CSM I was given a document about DCT behavior and told everything we are experiencing was normal. Funny, the serious problems that concern me aren't on that document.

Last time going this route I was supposed to take my car to the "shop foreman" so he can reproduce the problem but he is only available during the week and I cannot leave my car for any period of time. I need it for work and I doubt I'd get a loaner for the length of time it will take them to finally reproduce the issue. At this time I just don't trust Ford will be able to fix this issue since they are reluctant to admit that the DCT is a problem. I was able to record a short iphone video of one of the issues but it only shows the RPMs and engine note jumping around--this wouldn't be enough to get anywhere me thinks.

Hard to believe in ~14,000 miles I've already had the Sync module in the dash replaced, brake lines + full rotors/pads/shoes replaced, and several TSB's completed. Good thing these were under warranty.
God that's a lot of stuff to have fixed in 14 k. Glad I bought a 5spd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 05:14 PM   #12
VonKaiser
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 26749
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 VonKaiser Good Standing Member
You're telling me! My '13 SE has been in the shop more than my SVT had been. At least with my old SVT it was fun to drive. :D
Old 03-26-2014, 05:21 PM   #13
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Thanks for the response Todd but I'd been there and done that--twice I think. The last regional CSM I dealt with wasn't very "customer service" oriented and I would prefer to not deal with her again. Last time I dealt with "my" regional CSM I was given a document about DCT behavior and told everything we are experiencing was normal. Funny, the serious problems that concern me aren't on that document.
I understand, VonKaiser. If you change your mind in the future, you know where to find me.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #14
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 113481
What I Drive: 2013 Ignot Silver Focus HB

FF Reputation: 1 Tigeo Good Standing Member
Seems like you are at the point of eating the $$, never buying a Ford again, and getting something that makes you happy. Swapping in a standard auto seems like WAY too much of a hassle even if it is possible. There are times in life where you simply buy something you don't like...even a car...and the only fix is getting something else.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:15 AM   #15
bshin352
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114147
What I Drive: 2013 Tux Black Ti Sedan, DCT

FF Reputation: 1 bshin352 Good Standing Member
do the bellhousing bolts even line up? let alone tcm being able to work with the ecu?

these new cars are nothing like the old ones where you could swap a manual in place of an automatic.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:11 PM   #16
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Quote:
You make a very good point I hadn't considered. If the new transmission doesn't cooperate or just changes the car's drivability I'd be out a larger sum of cash.

I guess now I'm leaning towards taking that $5,000+ hit and getting rid of the car.
The only other option I could think of is replacing the transmission and DCT parts.
Sonic Crew #04
Steeda SRI/Newmission | Steeda RSB | SMC Replica ST Wing | SMC Aluminum Oil cap | Injected Tune | 2.5" custom exhaust
Old 03-28-2014, 03:53 PM   #17
pintoman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111686
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Ti Ingot Sil Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 pintoman Good Standing Member
Sorry to hear of your frustration....sounds like your dealer isn't very supportive...my DCT is just fine...have you had the latest TBS done to it yet....
TSB 13-04-05 2011 2013 Fiesta, 2012 2013 Focus Intermittent Transmission Clutch Shudder DPS6
Automatic Transmission
Some 2011 2013 Fiesta and 2012 2013 Focus vehicles equipped with a DPS6 automatic transmission may exhibit an intermittent transmission clutch shudder on light acceleration from a stop. Follow the Service Procedure steps in this TSB to correct the concern by reprogramming the powertrain control module (PCM)/\transmission control module (TCM) module to the latest calibration using IDS release 84.01 or higher
BCM 5614 2012 2013 Focus Air Conditioning (AC) Inoperative With Seized Compressor
Some 2012 2013 Focus vehicles equipped with a 2.0L GDI engine, built on or before 11/21/2012 may exhibit a lack of air conditioning due to a seized A/C compressor. This typically occurs after the vehicle has sat for an extended period of time in high ambient temperatures without an engine start. A new A/C compressor BV6N-19D629-BF (Engineering Level), service part number BV6Z-19703-B has been released for service to address this concern
BCM 5568 2011 2013 Fiesta, 2012 2013 Focus Clutch Shudder On Acceleration From A Stop
Some 2011 2013 Fiesta, 2012 2013 Focus vehicles equipped with a DPS6 automatic transmission may exhibit a clutch shudder on acceleration from a stop with no evidence of a transmission fluid or engine oil leak in the clutch housing area. Using IDS, perform the clutch adaptive learning routine before replacement of any transmission components. Select Toolbox, Powertrain, Transmission, TCM Adaptive Learning, Clutch and Shift Drum routines. When complete, perform the Drive Cycle procedure. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 307-11 Focus or 307-01(Fiesta). Ensure PCM calibration is the latest level. If necessary, refer to any applicable TSB and/ or service labor time standard

Last edited by pintoman; 03-28-2014 at 04:01 PM. Reason: misunderstood the issue
Old 03-29-2014, 04:44 AM   #18
Seminoles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98405
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Seminoles Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshin352 View Post
do the bellhousing bolts even line up? let alone tcm being able to work with the ecu?

these new cars are nothing like the old ones where you could swap a manual in place of an automatic.
You could put a focus manual in place of the automatic same as the old days just seal up the transmission control module plug from water entering it you might get a check engine light but could be turned off from a tuning point sense Ford would not turn off the automatic transmission inputs on the ECU they wont even fix there car (it's normal) if i only had money for every time I heard that I would have an ST...LOL
Old 03-29-2014, 05:05 AM   #19
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
You make a very good point I hadn't considered. If the new transmission doesn't cooperate or just changes the car's drivability I'd be out a larger sum of cash.

I guess now I'm leaning towards taking that $5,000+ hit and getting rid of the car.
because of the same problems you have detailed, I traded several months ago for a 2013 mazda-3. it takes a few weeks to get used to something which just works well and you will actually detect yourself subconsciously cringing before each shift until you re-adjust to a car that works normally.

Its all a matter of what is important to you, peace of mind or telling yourself that all these quirks are normal and you should get used to it.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:46 PM   #20
Rat Fink
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92487
What I Drive: Ford, and vintage Dodge

FF Reputation: 6 Rat Fink Good Standing Member
Doubt it would physically fit, and electronically it would be impossible. Plus, you are considering using a transmission that is easily Fords 2nd worst transmission currently in use (only 2nd to the DCT). The 6F35 trans is a joint GM/Ford venture.....and quite frankly is pure garbage.

If you are really set on wanting to swap out the DCT, then get another car. It is your best (and sadly your cheapest) option. Whatever vehicle you decide to get, I would not move to a vehicle that has a 6F35 because all you would be doing is moving from one heap to the next.

Bookmarks & Social Networks