Eibach Sportline (4.13435) doesn't fit 2014 sedan? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-24-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
Yadda
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 134881
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Yadda Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Eibach Sportline (4.13435) doesn't fit 2014 sedan?

Well, this is annoying. TireRack says they fit, Amazon says they fit but when I took them to get installed they told me they don't fit. The rears fit fine, but the fronts didn't fit. The tech mentioned he called Eibach and they said they don't have a set of springs for the '14 Sedan yet.

Has anyone had any luck installing these or any other form of lowering springs/coils on their 14 sedan?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
There may have been a change in the front struts/spring design. They did this on the 07-08 models where the rears are the same but a small change in the strut design for 08 changed the spring compatibility. It might be as simple as picking up some 12-13 struts.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #3
Yadda
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
There may have been a change in the front struts/spring design. They did this on the 07-08 models where the rears are the same but a small change in the strut design for 08 changed the spring compatibility. It might be as simple as picking up some 12-13 struts.
At that point, I would just return the springs and buy coilovers but I'm not even sure if the fitment guides are accurate now. Iv seen that people have successfully installed them on the HB and earlier mk3 sedans but no 14 sedans now that I'm looking. I hate to be that guy who brings his stuff to a garage only to find out it doesn't fit once they pull it apart.

Last edited by Yadda; 03-24-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:59 PM   #4
Yadda
Focus Enthusiast

I'm not making a new thread just to pose a new question.

I knew I would have to buy new shocks/struts to match with my springs but I wasn't expecting it so early. Buying OE struts just to fit the springs is counter productive since the springs will destroy them eventually. The price of buying everything up front is really close to the price of coilovers which is vastly superior.

If I bought coilovers what else would I need to buy to fix any alignment issues? Also, what's the point of sway bars and are they necessary? I'm aiming mostly for looks but I don't want to do it at the cost of ride quality.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadda View Post
I'm not making a new thread just to pose a new question.

I knew I would have to buy new shocks/struts to match with my springs but I wasn't expecting it so early. Buying OE struts just to fit the springs is counter productive since the springs will destroy them eventually. The price of buying everything up front is really close to the price of coilovers which is vastly superior.

If I bought coilovers what else would I need to buy to fix any alignment issues? Also, what's the point of sway bars and are they necessary? I'm aiming mostly for looks but I don't want to do it at the cost of ride quality.
Personally, if this was me, I would see if I could return the springs and buy this instead.
LINK

The full kit will ensure that everything fits and you'll get the added performance balance of replacing all the important pieces.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #6
Yadda
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Personally, if this was me, I would see if I could return the springs and buy this instead.
LINK

The full kit will ensure that everything fits and you'll get the added performance balance of replacing all the important pieces.
That's a good alternative I hadn't considered. I ignored it mostly because I wanted to get the Koni shock/strut system but now that I'm being charged $200 labor I don't really have a choice. It'll come out about even in the end. :\ Kind of upset about that, but I can't really dispute it seeing as how I brought them something that didn't fit.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #7
Yadda
Focus Enthusiast

Before I order this, is there any reason at all it won't fit? I don't trust fitment anymore. With springs, I can understand since they kind of depend on the struts/shocks to line up right. But is there any reason at all shocks/struts won't fit properly? I don't want to end up paying ANOTHER 200 bucks on something that doesn't fit.

Cuz I'm totally about to do it. Begrudgingly.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #8
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

I would call tirerack and verify the kit comes with all mounting hardware or if there's anything you'll need to acquire. I don't see upper strut mounts in the photo, but its just an approximate and not the actual product. They may have designed it to reuse stock hardware and that may not work for you if the 2014 is different.
At any rate, it is best to call and find out first.

Also, I would recommend making an effort to install it yourself. Find a local buddy who's got some tools and a workspace, rent a spring compressor for the struts, and take care of it. I just replaced my suspension this weekend and it took me less than 3 hours for the whole shebang.
I understand if you absolutely can't do it, but suspension is so easy. It is just nuts and bolts and doing it yourself will save so much money...
Good luck.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #9
Yadda
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I would call tirerack and verify the kit comes with all mounting hardware or if there's anything you'll need to acquire. I don't see upper strut mounts in the photo, but its just an approximate and not the actual product. They may have designed it to reuse stock hardware and that may not work for you if the 2014 is different.
At any rate, it is best to call and find out first.

Also, I would recommend making an effort to install it yourself. Find a local buddy who's got some tools and a workspace, rent a spring compressor for the struts, and take care of it. I just replaced my suspension this weekend and it took me less than 3 hours for the whole shebang.
I understand if you absolutely can't do it, but suspension is so easy. It is just nuts and bolts and doing it yourself will save so much money...
Good luck.
You are just full of great ideas. I'll likely do that, I have a buddy who could help but he said he was very busy and itd take a while to make time for me. Seeing as how I just ponied up 200 bucks for an install that never happened I think I'm going to take this route to recoup my losses. I just got off of the phone with TireRack and the guy was confused why his parts sheet states that the springs I ordered are incompatible while the website says it is. He sent an email to someone and said he would get back to me in the morn about the compatibility of the entire kit. But as it stands, from TireRack, Eibach and the technician who worked on my car, the spring set alone is incompatible with the 2014 Sedan SE.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:16 PM   #10
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 60 sailor Excellent Standing Member
It'd be useful to know where the problem was with the front springs, whether at the top or the bottom.

Spring change on earlier models was a major reduction in the size of the top, if that was the case with yours, the top mounting is the issue instead of the struts.

To answer an earlier question, sway bars control a car's lean when turning. The combination of sizes front to rear affects the handling of the car regarding oversteer or understeer. ST is the only stock version with a touch of oversteer BTW. Using none on a FWD car would result in more lean & understeer (Plows in a turn, wants to go straight).

S.R. #275

Bookmarks & Social Networks