Wash > clay > polish > carnauba > synthetic - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection

Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection Discuss wax, polish, chamois, microfiber towels, simple cloth towel, scratch repair and paint protection. Use this Forum to discuss your cleaning tricks and techniques.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #11
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshin352 View Post
I've tried the surf city garage stuff, very good stuff. haven't heard of dodo juice
You can find it on autogeek. I buy pretty much all of my detaling products from there. The only thing I buy local would be the Surf City Garage goodies
Galatians 6:14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #12
thejordan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107706
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Focus 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 4 thejordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaacer View Post
There is a detailer on youtube named larry. AmmoNYC is his company and he just released some products and i might give them a shot
The AMMO stuff is nice, but about 3x overpriced. I've used the stuff and done comparisons too. Chemical Guys and others have cheaper (and sometimes better) alternatives.

Wax will not last more than 6 months, it usually lasts 3 months at best.

Use a sealant (I use CG Jetseal) and then the wax. There's also Hybrid V7 that has wax in it that you can use to maintain after each wash.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:14 PM   #13
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I started using Adams Polishes about 2 years ago and I will never go back to anything else. They totally blow away any other product I've ever used.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:20 PM   #14
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
I started using Adams Polishes about 2 years ago and I will never go back to anything else. They totally blow away any other product I've ever used.
Are you talking about the adams specific brand or the adams poorboys line that autogeek has?
Old 03-26-2014, 04:22 PM   #15
crice8
Focus Fanatic

I have heard terrific things about the adams buttery wax and their liquid paint sealant. It is very similar to Zaino.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #16
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I use M105/M205 followed by Opti-Seal and whatever carnauba is nearby. If you've polished well then anything you put on it will be for preservation of your finish and not for looks. Some people believe that certain sealants and waxes will add shine, but it just tells me that more time should have been put into polishing.

I also dislike Turtle Wax products.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 03-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #17
thejordan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107706
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Focus 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 4 thejordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
I use M105/M205 followed by Opti-Seal and whatever carnauba is nearby. If you've polished well then anything you put on it will be for preservation of your finish and not for looks. Some people believe that certain sealants and waxes will add shine, but it just tells me that more time should have been put into polishing.

I also dislike Turtle Wax products.
M100 is out now (revised M105) and I find it far superior. Well worth the $19 on Amazon Prime. M100 + M205 is what I normally use, maybe some D300 mixed in.

I will 100% disagree with the shine comment. I have plenty of glazes, sealants, and waxes that add shine better/differently. I've done comparisons on the same cars, similar colors, different manufacturers, etc. There are some great products out there that make a great difference. But overall, it's a waste if you don't spend the time on the paint correction.

I use CG Blacklight, CG Jetseal, CG 5050, and CG Lava on most vehicles for the best shine.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:20 PM   #18
2014SESPORT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 121361
What I Drive: 2014 Oxford White Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 2014SESPORT Good Standing Member
I use Liquid Glass followed up with Collinite 845. I am going to have to clay my car next detail as the white paint has some fall out from brake dust on the lower body parts and rear bumper.
Wife - 2013 Focus SE - Ruby Red
Old 04-05-2014, 11:17 PM   #19
2014SESPORT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 121361
What I Drive: 2014 Oxford White Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 2014SESPORT Good Standing Member
I decided to try the Iron X to get rid of a little but of rail dust and I am impressed. If you have a light colored vehicle this stuff is a must to have. My car still has less than a thousand miles on it but I had collected a small bit of rail dust on the lower parts of the vehicle (brakes with help of the liquid brine to treat roads); Iron X took it right off. I put a good coat of Liquid Glass followed with a coat of Collinite 845. I have used a lot of detailing products over the years but this is the best sealant/polish - wax combo I have put together yet. I used the Collinite on my rims, turned out great. I highly recommend this. I am so sold on the Collinite that we are now a distributor.
Wife - 2013 Focus SE - Ruby Red
Old 04-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #20
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014SESPORT View Post
I decided to try the Iron X to get rid of a little but of rail dust and I am impressed. If you have a light colored vehicle this stuff is a must to have. My car still has less than a thousand miles on it but I had collected a small bit of rail dust on the lower parts of the vehicle (brakes with help of the liquid brine to treat roads); Iron X took it right off. I put a good coat of Liquid Glass followed with a coat of Collinite 845. I have used a lot of detailing products over the years but this is the best sealant/polish - wax combo I have put together yet. I used the Collinite on my rims, turned out great. I highly recommend this. I am so sold on the Collinite that we are now a distributor.
Glad to hear it! I bought some Trix (basically tarx and ironx) and I'm excited to try it. I have a dark colored car, so I don't think it will make as much of a difference for me, but I still wanted to get any iron out before claying and polishing.

Bookmarks & Social Networks