Stage 2 Crower Cams. IFO PLease - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-05-2003, 02:41 AM   #1
SceviourZX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 438
What I Drive: '00 ZX3 CD Silver

FF Reputation: 1 SceviourZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Stage 2 Crower Cams. IFO PLease

alright this is pretty much it. im looking for info on who on this site has stage 2 cams. and knows what there at. i wan all the info on the install, and also looking to see what you recomend for tunning.

i now have(if i dont got it its on the way) AEM Cold Air intake, 65mm FC TB, 2000 ported intake. brola cat back exhaust, FC 4-1 race header, FC flexpipe, stage 2 crower cams.........the cams and TB are on the way, and i have a head in the shop being machined to the FR head.
what am i looking at here ? i also will have a 55 shot of nitrous as well depending though....when it comes the cam gears i'd like to know how they work if someone can teach me or explain to me that would be great. thank's.

2000 Focus ZX3

T3/t03 Airsearch turbo, Custom Manifold,Downpipe,intercooler piping, Spearco Intercooler, Greddy Type-S BOV,Turbonetics Delta gate 35mm,Stainless Oil lines/fittings, FC 65mm TB, Ported 00 intake manifold, Port/Polished head, Rage Adj Camgears, Esslinger Undedrive Pulley, SVT Pedals, Short Shifter, KYB GR-2 Struts, AR 5 Spoke Chromies,Ventus Rubber, Tein Springs,Xenon bodykit, Hella Headlight conversion, kaminari Carbon Fiber Hood, Kaminari Rear Wing, Shorty Billet Antenna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2003, 10:11 AM   #2
Kicknzx3
AKA Toyotech

Fan#: 9
What I Drive: A few

FF Reputation: 1 Kicknzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
all the info....get it installed by a certified mechanic.
1991 Ford Mustang LX/5.0
Old 12-05-2003, 10:34 AM   #3
SceviourZX3
Focus Addict

one of my good friends is a "certified mechanic" but i just want to learn more about them, if you can help me out, i would greatly appreciate it.

2000 Focus ZX3

T3/t03 Airsearch turbo, Custom Manifold,Downpipe,intercooler piping, Spearco Intercooler, Greddy Type-S BOV,Turbonetics Delta gate 35mm,Stainless Oil lines/fittings, FC 65mm TB, Ported 00 intake manifold, Port/Polished head, Rage Adj Camgears, Esslinger Undedrive Pulley, SVT Pedals, Short Shifter, KYB GR-2 Struts, AR 5 Spoke Chromies,Ventus Rubber, Tein Springs,Xenon bodykit, Hella Headlight conversion, kaminari Carbon Fiber Hood, Kaminari Rear Wing, Shorty Billet Antenna
Old 12-05-2003, 11:46 AM   #4
Kicknzx3
AKA Toyotech

well most of the info you need is right on crowers web page. and then with the cams you will get the measurement card.

for tuning, just cam gears and a dyno. adjust the cam gears after each run. ask a ? with more detail and maybe i can actually give you more useful info. but for a complete install with all steps like checking lash, how to get tdc, what buckets to buy...sorry, that i won't do. but your friend wouldn't need that.
1991 Ford Mustang LX/5.0
Old 12-05-2003, 08:28 PM   #5
SceviourZX3
Focus Addict

ok, i would like to know what the affects of increasing and decreasing hte degree's on the intake/exhaust gears them selves, sorry for not being as clear there.... but what i meant i pretty much if i were to retard or advance the timing of one another? like how exaclty do the cam gears work?

2000 Focus ZX3

Old 12-05-2003, 09:13 PM   #6
Kicknzx3
AKA Toyotech

retard and advance. it times the times to open the valves sooner or later retard=later advance=sooner and depending on your install, usually gets the cams into correct timing. and i don't know what you know other than that so i don't wanna add in anything else. if you have any more ?'s...ask away
1991 Ford Mustang LX/5.0
Old 12-05-2003, 10:36 PM   #7
SceviourZX3
Focus Addict

ok so for instance i advanced my intake 2 degrees......the air will flow into the car (meaning intake valves into the motor) which means that the the stock exhaust might'en be able to keep up with it? would that sound right to you?.....so the best thing for me to do with this set up would be to pretty much get a dyno graph? and try little by litte various things until i have gotten the power i wanted safely, with all the bolt on's i already listed above? am i on the right track "kicknzx3".....i'd like to know your first name btw......im far more advanced(or inclined) in paint and body work then engines i will admit that strait up and out. cam gears a new for me....

2000 Focus ZX3

Last edited by SceviourZX3; 12-05-2003 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:42 PM   #8
Kicknzx3
AKA Toyotech

names ed. thats basically the right idea, and not a dyno graph, a dyno, adjust the cam gears while on the dyno, try it at 0,0 first, then go one advance...check for gain/lose, then bring that to retard. check for gain/loss..when you see a gain, try the other gear. then work in the direction that is making the power til idle goes to shit. which happens on some crower 2 installs, or when your power starts to fall off, set them for which you want. hp or tq. and be happy

just wanna add something, with the mods listed soon you may wanna upgrade your fuel system...especially if your gonna throw nitrous on top, and then a clutch cause it won't hold up for too long and its better to be safe then sorry.
1991 Ford Mustang LX/5.0
Old 12-05-2003, 10:50 PM   #9
Kicknzx3
AKA Toyotech

http://www.dynojet.com/maps/autodynos/canada.htm ..there is a full list of dyno's in canada, i saw in another thread u said summin bout drivin 48 hrs...hope this will help
1991 Ford Mustang LX/5.0
Old 12-06-2003, 12:01 AM   #10
liquid01
Focus Addict

Fan#: 252
What I Drive: ZX3 S2 modded--Just a touch

FF Reputation: 3 liquid01 Good Standing Member
Kickin is the real deal..........My craftsmans for a bucket of buckets.. hey kickin what do you think of the rachet wrenches..I kinda like-em alot..sorry off topic!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks