Broken MAF Sensor Housing, How to Fix??? - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #31
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Broken MAF Sensor Housing, How to Fix???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
There may be a person blowing smoke and mirrors and it isnt me LOL

I do tuning for a living , I see what changes are made with mods and I know how they respond to them

dyno85 , now you know why I didnt post about the intake change you asked about

Tom

No, it was a legitimate question with legitimate answers.

So basically you're saying that you calibrate their sensors?

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-

Last edited by dyn085; 04-11-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #32
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Is that what I said ? Where did I say that ?

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 04-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #33
Eminaga
Focus Addict

Fan#: 123953
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE (Performance Blue)

FF Reputation: 1 Eminaga Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Oh stop it ladies. Dyn085 you prefer injected tune over toms custom tune we get it man. It seems like you try to make Tom look bad any chance you get I wonder what he did to you lol.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #34
dyn085
That Guy

Broken MAF Sensor Housing, How to Fix???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminaga View Post
Oh stop it ladies. Dyn085 you prefer injected tune over toms custom tune we get it man. It seems like you try to make Tom look bad any chance you get I wonder what he did to you lol.

What are you talking about? I'm running Injected's tune simply because they were first to market. Had SCT been first to market I would be running SCT. I have never put down Toms tune or bashed SCT. Just because Tom and I don't agree on everything doesn't mean that I'm trying to make him look bad. People have literally bought Tom's tune because I have them an honest opinion based on what they were wanting and concerns they had.

That is fact. Besides, how can I prefer one over the other if I haven't run the other? It's like saying that I prefer the Steeda intake over the AEM even though I've never tried the AEM-it doesn't pass a logic test. I have the Injected tune and really like it, and that's where the sentence stops.

I ask legitimate questions and get shut down simply because I'm not a perspective customer. The key to learning anything is to take nothing at face-value, research, and ask questions. If you choose to simply follow what you hear or read without at least challenging it then you simply become another sheeple.

Yes, I have the Injected tune and yes, I'm happy with it. But contrary to what you may think I don't just buy into sales-pitches, especially when the only thing you hear is how you should get 'x' because 'y' is bad and 'x' is good. There's a point where advertising comparisons are good, and then there's the excess where you're being fed the same cut-and-paste sales-pitch and the product isn't ever selling itself...

Notice how Steeda/K&N/Injen/AEM don't bash each other? It's because they have products that sell themselves based on word-of-mouth. They have no need to make themselves look bad by constantly trying to put each other down.

I've said this before and I'll say it again-I don't get paid to sell tunes and in-turn don't care what you spend your money on. Literally-it's your money. When people ask what tune I'm running and if I like it I tell them. What I don't say is "it's better than SCT because 'y'".

I've helped out a lot of people and have a lot of information about the Mk3 and vehicles in general. The fact that you blame me for the responses I get to legitimate questions (that should provoke some thought) says enough to me about you.

As for what Tom did to me-absolutely nothing. I met him at FocusFest and he's a great guy. I watched him help people and do his thing and no bad blood was ever spilled. But you can ask my closest friends-I question everything regardless of the source. If you're my best friend and I think something you said was wrong then I will challenge it and will most likely do it in the open where others can read and learn as well.

September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 04-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #35
Eminaga
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
What are you talking about? I'm running Injected's tune simply because they were first to market. Had SCT been first to market I would be running SCT. I have never put down Toms tune or bashed SCT. Just because Tom and I don't agree on everything doesn't mean that I'm trying to make him look bad. People have literally bought Tom's tune because I have them an honest opinion based on what they were wanting and concerns they had.

That is fact. Besides, how can I prefer one over the other if I haven't run the other? It's like saying that I prefer the Steeda intake over the AEM even though I've never tried the AEM-it doesn't pass a logic test. I have the Injected tune and really like it, and that's where the sentence stops.

I ask legitimate questions and get shut down simply because I'm not a perspective customer. The key to learning anything is to take nothing at face-value, research, and ask questions. If you choose to simply follow what you hear or read without at least challenging it then you simply become another sheeple.

Yes, I have the Injected tune and yes, I'm happy with it. But contrary to what you may think I don't just buy into sales-pitches, especially when the only thing you hear is how you should get 'x' because 'y' is bad and 'x' is good. There's a point where advertising comparisons are good, and then there's the excess where you're being fed the same cut-and-paste sales-pitch and the product isn't ever selling itself...

Notice how Steeda/K&N/Injen/AEM don't bash each other? It's because they have products that sell themselves based on word-of-mouth. They have no need to make themselves look bad by constantly trying to put each other down.

I've said this before and I'll say it again-I don't get paid to sell tunes and in-turn don't care what you spend your money on. Literally-it's your money. When people ask what tune I'm running and if I like it I tell them. What I don't say is "it's better than SCT because 'y'".

I've helped out a lot of people and have a lot of information about the Mk3 and vehicles in general. The fact that you blame me for the responses I get to legitimate questions (that should provoke some thought) says enough to me about you.

As for what Tom did to me-absolutely nothing. I met him at FocusFest and he's a great guy. I watched him help people and do his thing and no bad blood was ever spilled. But you can ask my closest friends-I question everything regardless of the source. If you're my best friend and I think something you said was wrong then I will challenge it and will most likely do it in the open where others can read and learn as well.
No need to get upset it just seems like you argue against what he has to say almost all the time. I understand you have your own opinion but new members see stuff like that and it could change their mind on getting a tune from a certain company. As far as what he did to you, I was messing around. I guess maybe thats just the kind of person you are that questions everything, no big deal.

Edit: So since you challenge Tom a lot you must think he says a lot of wrong things. Do you also tune cars for a living? j/w
Old 04-11-2014, 04:43 PM   #36
shengsri
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 118280
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012: White Hatchback

FF Reputation: 2 shengsri Good Standing Member
Things just got real...LOL
Old 04-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #37
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Im just glad others see it and feel the way I do about it

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 04-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #38
dyn085
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Im just glad others see it and feel the way I do about it

Tom

Just as others see what I see. It's not that big of a deal, really.

September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 04-11-2014, 05:05 PM   #39
Eminaga
Focus Addict

I see good in everyone and easily trust people until someone does me wrong so I can see where me and him are different since he questions stuff a lot more. I am glad he is on this forum I actually learned a lot from him since I have been here. I am in no way trying to start anything with anyone or have someone hate me on a forum lol. But when new members see stuff like this it can change their mind on people and companies. By the way I have nothing against injected I am sure they have a great tune and there is many happy customers thats a fact.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:06 PM   #40
Eminaga
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Just as others see what I see. It's not that big of a deal, really.

Bookmarks & Social Networks