Broken MAF Sensor Housing, How to Fix??? - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #21
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
If the new housing isnt 100% exactly the same as the stock your fueling will be off , PLEASE send me a datalog and lets adjust to your new housing

The MAF are VERY sensitive just blowing on the filter the car will stumble so any slight change can make a bif difference in the fueling

Housing looks great

Tom
I'm surprised that you would never mention that to all of the Newmission-intake owners.
2014 FiST-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 07:43 AM   #22
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
I'm surprised that you would never mention that to all of the Newmission-intake owners.
Because they wouldnt of listened , all the tunes I have done for any intake change the fueling has been off a little to a lot but I said this over a year ago and everyone said they were fine that the fueling would be safe with it , so now I just fix it with a custom tune on the ones that buy a tuner from me

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 04-11-2014, 09:09 AM   #23
Eminaga
Focus Addict

Fan#: 123953
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE (Performance Blue)

FF Reputation: 1 Eminaga Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Because they wouldnt of listened , all the tunes I have done for any intake change the fueling has been off a little to a lot but I said this over a year ago and everyone said they were fine that the fueling would be safe with it , so now I just fix it with a custom tune on the ones that buy a tuner from me

Tom
And this is why it is best/safest to go with toms tune people.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:08 AM   #24
dyn085
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminaga View Post
And this is why it is best/safest to go with toms tune people.

I guess, when you believe smoke and mirrors. I blew on my filter-no change or issue.

Maybe because I am not the type to blow smoke I'm just not as good at blowing?

2014 FiST-
Old 04-11-2014, 10:15 AM   #25
Eminaga
Focus Addict

Quote:
I guess, when you believe smoke and mirrors. I blew on my filter-no change or issue.

Maybe because I am not the type to blow smoke I'm just not as good at blowing?

Yeah I dont know about all of that but in general its better to tune a car for the mods it has. My guess would be that toms tune would make the car run smoother then a generic tune but what do I know
Old 04-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #26
dyn085
That Guy

Quote:
Yeah I dont know about all of that but in general its better to tune a car for the mods it has. My guess would be that toms tune would make the car run smoother then a generic tune but what do I know

Not too much, apparently.

Cars run off of sensors these days so a majority of the fine-tuning is done within parameters that are changed by the tuner but read by sensors. That's why you see so little additional gain from a custom tune over a 'generic' tune. Someone posted a video in another one of the tuning threads with a Mustang on the dyno, and iirc the custom tune gained less than 1% over the canned tune, and that was on a 500hp+ car...

In not saying not to get Toms tune. If that's what you want then get it. But to think that every little bolt-on mod is going to need or benefit from a 'custom' tune is old-school thought. Those that 'need' custom tunes are the ones that are cracking open their engines or going FI which, in the Mk3 community, is...

No one.
2014 FiST-
Old 04-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #27
Eminaga
Focus Addict

Quote:
Not too much, apparently.

Cars run off of sensors these days so a majority of the fine-tuning is done within parameters that are changed by the tuner but read by sensors. That's why you see so little additional gain from a custom tune over a 'generic' tune. Someone posted a video in another one of the tuning threads with a Mustang on the dyno, and iirc the custom tune gained less than 1% over the canned tune, and that was on a 500hp+ car...

In not saying not to get Toms tune. If that's what you want then get it. But to think that every little bolt-on mod is going to need or benefit from a 'custom' tune is old-school thought. Those that 'need' custom tunes are the ones that are cracking open their engines or going FI which, in the Mk3 community, is...

No one.
I guess you could be right I obviously do not know much on how tunes work. I feel better going with a custom tune just because he can see what is going on with my car and correct any little issues to make it as smooth as possible, that is what I was talking about anyways and not just the power gain.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #28
dyn085
That Guy

Quote:
I guess you could be right I obviously do not know much on how tunes work. I feel better going with a custom tune just because he can see what is going on with my car and correct any little issues to make it as smooth as possible, that is what I was talking about anyways and not just the power gain.

And that's cool, there's nothing wrong with that.
2014 FiST-
Old 04-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #29
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
There may be a person blowing smoke and mirrors and it isnt me LOL

I do tuning for a living , I see what changes are made with mods and I know how they respond to them

dyno85 , now you know why I didnt post about the intake change you asked about

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 04-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #30
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Quote:

Cars run off of sensors these days so a majority of the fine-tuning is done within parameters that are changed by the tuner but read by sensors.
This is correct , the problem is no 2 cars have the same readings , not 2 cars NEW make the same HP/TQ , no 2 cars are drove the same , no 2 cars will have the same mods , no 2 cars with or with out mods are run in the same conditions ie tempature , humidity , there is hundreds of of variations so one tune wont fit all cars

Quote:
That's why you see so little additional gain from a custom tune over a 'generic' tune. Someone posted a video in another one of the tuning threads with a Mustang on the dyno, and iirc the custom tune gained less than 1% over the canned tune, and that was on a 500hp+ car...
You like bringing up this one car and how it only made 1% more HP from canned to custom , they were lucky , look at the Powerworks tune , tune made by Ford and another company owned by MAHL and blew up dozens of engines with there canned one tune fits all cars , it very very rare that a Custom tune either doesnt drive better or make better/safer performance
Quote:
Every bolt-on will need or benefit from a custom tune either by driveability , engine safety , performance and on top of that the tunes are FREE , no cost and the tuners cost the same so where is the down side from a custom tune ? To say only the guys going boost are the ones that "need" a custom tune is VERY misleading to the people reading this

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->