New Mods for my Focus!! - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #11
stevovanburen
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 128370
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus SE Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 stevovanburen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsfba View Post
Looks clean! I have the Steeda RSB and it is well worth the money. Definitely the easiest mod I've installed, as well. You can really feel the difference, even with coilovers installed.

Thanks man it was fun putting together!! :) and sweet im so excited to do mine!! I am probably going to do it on monday, i tried tonight but i couldnt get the end links off no matter how hard i tried how did you do it? & you are getting me excited for it haha! il put pics of it when its on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #12
dpuddy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 148058
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue MK3

FF Reputation: 1 dpuddy Good Standing Member
Do you have any pictures of the shifter once the install was competed?
North East Fanatic
Dylan P.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:45 AM   #13
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111245
What I Drive: 2012 blue se hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 bluehatch14 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevovanburen View Post
Thanks man it was fun putting together!! :) and sweet im so excited to do mine!! I am probably going to do it on monday, i tried tonight but i couldnt get the end links off no matter how hard i tried how did you do it? & you are getting me excited for it haha! il put pics of it when its on!
Steeda rear sway is a piece of cake. I'm assuming you followed the directions? If so all you need is a 9mm wrench and I believe the other one is a 19 or 18 mm. Use the 9 to hold the end of the link and use the other wrench to loosen it. Kinda hard to explain it without pictures or showing you how in person. Mine came with instructions though and I just followed them to the letter. Try using some wd-40 to loosen it all up. Especially the two chassis bolts. They were a pain for me to get off.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:31 PM   #14
stevovanburen
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuddy View Post
Do you have any pictures of the shifter once the install was competed?
Like after i installed the actual shifter or after i put the boot and knob back on?

The actual shifter i have the pics on the first page and the i did not take any with the boot back on but its exactly the same you couldnt tell the difference between stock and the steeda.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:34 PM   #15
stevovanburen
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehatch14 View Post
Steeda rear sway is a piece of cake. I'm assuming you followed the directions? If so all you need is a 9mm wrench and I believe the other one is a 19 or 18 mm. Use the 9 to hold the end of the link and use the other wrench to loosen it. Kinda hard to explain it without pictures or showing you how in person. Mine came with instructions though and I just followed them to the letter. Try using some wd-40 to loosen it all up. Especially the two chassis bolts. They were a pain for me to get off.
thanks man i understand what your saying and i did follow instructions, but i couldn't get it to budge, but I did not feel like my car was sturdy on the stands so I didnt go crazy tugging on the wrench, but im going to get it jacked up tomorrow with my friends and get it taken care of.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #16
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevovanburen View Post
thanks man i understand what your saying and i did follow instructions, but i couldn't get it to budge, but I did not feel like my car was sturdy on the stands so I didnt go crazy tugging on the wrench, but im going to get it jacked up tomorrow with my friends and get it taken care of.
I didn't even have to lift it lol.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #17
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

Also as long as your car is properly lifted on jack stands with them sitting on the pinch weld or somewhere on the frame it shouldn't fall. Never do anything you aren't comfortable doing though.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #18
stevovanburen
Focus Rookie

Quote:
I didn't even have to lift it lol.

you did it with yours on level ground im assuming? lol it was my understanding there shouldnt be any pressure on the rear suspension when you install it? because i have no problem fitting under the car when its not jacked up. and I dont mind working under the car its just the jack stands i have would work no problem except it would also rest on the plastic side skirt, and snap that im sure. so i had it just sit on a sturdy jack but i didnt want to wiggle it being on just a jack. thanks for the input though tomorrow cant come soon enough.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #19
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

I just parked it in my driveway and went to work. Got the old one off and the new one on in an hour. If you look on the plastic side skirt there are arrows front and rear on each side. These arrows are factory jack points. You can't really hurt the plastic pieces. Parts of them on mine are bent under the car where you can't see it.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #20
stevovanburen
Focus Rookie

Quote:
I just parked it in my driveway and went to work. Got the old one off and the new one on in an hour. If you look on the plastic side skirt there are arrows front and rear on each side. These arrows are factory jack points. You can't really hurt the plastic pieces. Parts of them on mine are bent under the car where you can't see it.

Yeah i wasnt to worried about the plastic either, but i tried again today and my end links will not come off, and I come to find out that ford messed up on my chassis bolt. I have three that fit fine but the last one the nut is crooked and stripped and bent my screw -_- so I have a car with a sway bar being held on with 3 nuts, and i know if i go to ford they are going to say that I caused the problem so I guess im going to have to wait on the sway bar till i get some funds for a shop to do it and fix my problem...

Bookmarks & Social Networks