Spring tune up advice (Synthetics, plugs, etc...) - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-01-2005, 01:08 AM   #11
todzilla
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13445
What I Drive: '02 Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 todzilla Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I WAS BEING KIDDING!!!!!...all I want's a smooooth ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2005, 08:57 AM   #12
seraphim
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13621
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 seraphim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I switched to Mobil ! 5W30 Full Synth this past weekend (with the motorcraft FI-2005 Filter) and the only difference I noticed was after I finished changing my oil and got everything running again I drove about 20 miles and my "check engine" light came on. Everything opperated normally and I reset the ECU and it went off and stayed off. The car has been running smoothly since.

Go for the Denso Plugs (I had them on my V6 MR2 and they were great) and the Screaming Demon coil pack and the wires that come with it, as they are 10mm and that makes them heavier than any others on the market for our car.

While you're at it you might as well do a full ground wire upgrade (search the forum if you need more info) as that can be done for about $20 and with the other modfications it can't hurt. It's also supposed to smooth the idle out.

Oh, and don't forget to check the water levels in your battery.
K&N Filter, EBC Pads, EBC Slotted & dimpled Rotors, FR Blue Painted Calipers, Spec Stage 2+, Spec Flywheel, Torsen T2 LSD, Driver and Pass. Steeda Engine mounts, CFM lower mount, Ingals Torque dampner (modified to fit the SVT), CFM STS, 70% tint
Old 03-01-2005, 02:41 PM   #13
todzilla
Focus Enthusiast

Everything's going in in 1 hour...I'll report the 'feel' when I'm done.....and washed up!!
Old 03-01-2005, 06:11 PM   #14
todzilla
Focus Enthusiast

Well, that was fun! So i pull the wires and plugs, re-install all new parts, re-install new K & N and take it for a rip. Starts up fine but it's got a real lumpy idle!? I think it's because I disconnected the battery just in case and it has to smooth out so off I go to the MrLube to switch over to the Redline and hopefully change the fuel filter (they didn't - not allowed!!) - and while I'm driving the car basically runs like s%$#! It's missing like crazy and hesitating and I'm like what the hell? So I figured the gap shoulda been checked as I just put the plugs in without checking so I'd hafta wait til I get home to pull them and check all the while as the MrLube tells me to start 'er up and rev it a bit and it sounds pretty rumbly and tough, but not right!! So off I go, get home, opened the hood and VOILA! - I forgot to reconnect the electrical harness that plugs in to the MAF near the air filter (pulled it to check the FS throttle bodys' condition)....so I hook it back up, check the plugs just in case (all.052-.054 so good), start it back up and off I go and !!!!!! niiiice!! The idle's so subtle and the steering wheel no longer has that slight vibration from the rear engine mount. As far as added performance I'd say it's a tad 'revvier' and the new (longer and larger K & N) really sounds nice when you're up the rev range....in otherwords, the car feels GREAT and I should be good for quite some time! Now to get the SCT tune!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks