ZEX Nitrous Kit - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-26-2005, 07:00 PM   #1
svtfocusmansvt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 6548
What I Drive: 04' Pitch Black SVTF ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 svtfocusmansvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Question ZEX Nitrous Kit

Was looking @ nitrous kits and found a ZEX wet system kit for a focus #82021. Will this work on a 2004 SVT Foci? Are they hard to install and will I need other things if going with this set, the price of this kit is only $518.88 seems like a good deal or is this the normal going rate? And is ZEX a good company to go with?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
focusmachnone
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92770
What I Drive: 2004 TS Silver 2.3 Duratec

FF Reputation: 1 focusmachnone Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Usually you dont want to juice a boosted car. But you can run NO2 into the intercooler and cool down the air more gaining boost.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
not a bad price for a new kit, yes zex is a very good company, not hard to install and i have a used kit i can sell you for about $100 less and it has more goodies.

and you can certainly juice and boost so long as you tune for it, but where does it say he is boosted?? did i miss it?

for any nitrous kit you NEED a wet kit because dry kits only add nitrous and depend on the fuel injectors alone to add more fuel and the stock injectors cant pump enough for a decent size shot and after buying bigger injectors for this purpose you may as well have just bought a wet kit in the first place. a wet kit adds the extra fuel in right at the fogger and does not depend on additional fuel from the injectors. you also NEED an A/F ratio gauge to watch for lean out. you NEED a way to tap the fuel rail which the cfm fuel rail adapter may or may not work for that. i have one for the standard zetec but im not sure if the svt is the same or not. its also nice to have stuff like wide open throttle switch, bottle heater, rpm window switch, and A/F safety switch. the last i do not have but it can come in handy for novice nitrous sniffers so it will automatically shut the system down in the event that the air/fuel mixture gets too lean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 08-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
svtfocusmansvt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 6548
What I Drive: 04' Pitch Black SVTF ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 svtfocusmansvt Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusmachnone View Post
Usually you dont want to juice a boosted car. But you can run NO2 into the intercooler and cool down the air more gaining boost.
8 years later, thanks for the info too bad it's not a boosted car... Running into the intercooler would be the same as running into the intake, I asse you meant to run external of the intercooler to keep it cold?

Should have no issue to wet shot a boosted car as long as the internals are set for it and a good rule of thumb is there are no issues for just about any car to send 15hp per cylinder shot of nitrous down the intake.

That ended up being a sweet kit for the car, I used a screamin demon coil pack with live wires and copper plugs with a custom nitrous tune that retarted the ignition (very weak power without the nitrous). Without the tune it still was a kick in the pants. Had it on the car with under 10k on the odometer, now had 122k miles and the valve train still looks like new.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

WHOA!! holy cow i didnt even realize the thread was that old lol focusmachnone... why would you revive an old thread like that?
Quote:
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
Deftmetal

Fan#: 105884
What I Drive: 2014 Mazda 3

FF Reputation: 8 Deftmetal Good Standing Member
This thread is the funniest I've read today
Rally Revolution #14
Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Don't hate on an amputee chick that's still playing with lego's.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #7
focusmachnone
Focus Enthusiast

Well cuz I am getting ready to put a Zex kit on mine. And it is or at least was a N2O car but not now someone took all the system off. I am not used to a Ford though. You can still run the Shot hose about 6 inches from the TB? I already run a 125 shot on my NX2000. But it is run by the ECU. Does anyone remember if they ran a wet shot with a Zex. It is designed to run a dry shot safely, wont work if all is not correct. I used it on the old Neon I had and it was a fun way to surprise people :). But once again the MAF on both of these cars was at the TB. The MAF on the Focus is not even close. Any thoughts. I am going to look at Zex and call if need be. Thanks, Sorry for the last 5 years but I didnt even own a Focus yet!! LOL!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #8
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
You will need to have a wet kit

A very good tune

180 deg thermostat

Colder spk plugs

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 08-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #9
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

get a throttle body spacer and drill into it to mount the nitrous. this way its quick and easy to remove the kit if you want. good location too. either way you need to have the fogger AFTER the MAF sensor. dont want to get any crap on that bad boy so keep the juice well away from it.

my zex kit is a wet kit like i said... pm me if you want it and save yourself some heart ache

im tellin ya DONT run a dry kit. do it if you want to push your luck but chances are you will tear something up.

and ive always been curious why its such a big deal to run a 10 degree colder thermostat....
Quote:
Old 08-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #10
focusmachnone
Focus Enthusiast

OK, Sounds like I am going to have to save a bunch more pennys!! Ok wet kit, Tuner, and a colder plug, but 180 thermostat? Whats that all about? First time I have heard of that. Weird.

Bookmarks & Social Networks