200 whp? - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #81
sterlingfocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 115490
What I Drive: 2013 Focus se

FF Reputation: 1 sterlingfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminaga View Post
good point, so he is in fl? I would think 15.0 would be a drivers race with a GTI. Plus he can do a lot more mods to beat GTI. Ofcourse the GTI is stock but still not bad for a car economy car.
My question is being honest do you think that you can shave 0.5-0.7 sec easily with an N/A car on top of the mods that the other 15 flat sedan guy did? By a lot more what do you mean not to be an ass but exhaust tune intake what more can be done on an N/A Ill probably sound like a jerk but this is not Gran Turismo nor SCC magazine selling MSD spark plug wires. .5 is a lot in an NA car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2014, 05:17 PM   #82
Eminaga
Focus Addict

Fan#: 123953
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE (Performance Blue)

FF Reputation: 1 Eminaga Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingfocus View Post
My question is being honest do you think that you can shave 0.5-0.7 sec easily with an N/A car on top of the mods that the other 15 flat sedan guy did?
yup with stickier tires, header, and better tune to use the boltons. i have a track close by so i will slowly get the car into 14's i am sure of it. just cant buy mods all at once. tires alonw would get that guy into 14's easy.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #83
sterlingfocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
yup with stickier tires, header, and better tune to use the boltons. i have a track close by so i will slowly get the car into 14's i am sure of it. just cant buy mods all at once. tires alonw would get that guy into 14's easy.
Nice keep us updated with your progress. Good luck
Old 03-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #84
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
good point, so he is in fl? I would think 15.0 would be a drivers race with a GTI. Plus he can do a lot more mods to beat GTI. Ofcourse the GTI is stock but still not bad for a car economy car.
Yes, he lives in FL. Which means that the GTI that are also located there will still be beyond a 'drivers race' for him I'm sure. It would be no different than you installing an intake and tune where you are and trying to beat one locally. You can speculate all day long, but the GTI has a huge lead in torque and a similar weight.

Besides, I don't know a single GTI owner personally that is still stock...

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 03-10-2014, 07:32 PM   #85
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 116476
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 5 SlickWilly Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
All he has is an intake and the Injected tune and yes, he has run 15.005 with just that and a lot of practice.

That is why you have to take the track into consideration. If he did all of the bolt-ons to his car and raced at that track in FL, he would probably always beat a stock GTI running in Denver. In no way am I discounting his time or the work he has done in achieving that 1/4 mile time, but I'll ask him if he can take note of what the local GTI's are running.
I watched him run that. GTI's run mid to high 14s stock. STs run 14.7s all day long here.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #86
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 116476
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 5 SlickWilly Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Our track is 330ft above sea level.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #87
sterlingfocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Best bang for the buck would be to cut some weight by going with i.e: lightweight battery, lightweight seats, some cf parts, lightweight wheels, remove spare, remove toolbox, removing of soundening, removing AC etc..but doing all this will make the car unsuitable as a DD. Doing that and throw all kinds of bolt ons and spraying some NOS might get you on PAR with ST-GTI but at that point might as well sell the car and start with something faster.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:01 PM   #88
Eminaga
Focus Addict

Fan#: 123953
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE (Performance Blue)

FF Reputation: 1 Eminaga Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingfocus View Post
Best bang for the buck would be to cut some weight by going with i.e: lightweight battery, lightweight seats, some cf parts, lightweight wheels, remove spare, remove toolbox, removing of soundening, removing AC etc..but doing all this will make the car unsuitable as a DD. Doing that and throw all kinds of bolt ons and spraying some NOS might get you on PAR with ST-GTI but at that point might as well sell the car and start with something faster.
U seriously think it would take all that???? the way u say it no focus owner should upgrade their car and just buy something faster but wait if they bought a mustang then might as well not upgrade that either and buy a ferrari...oh but wait they can get something faster..... my point is ppl that say buy something faster are pretty stupid.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #89
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickWilly View Post
I watched him run that. GTI's run mid to high 14s stock. STs run 14.7s all day long here.
He is one of the few that I'm interested in following his power progression. Actually, pretty much the only one due to the lack of Mk3 owners hitting the strip. He really seems to be putting in work to improve. It's kind of...refreshing, actually.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 03-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #90
sterlingfocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
U seriously think it would take all that???? the way u say it no focus owner should upgrade their car and just buy something faster but wait if they bought a mustang then might as well not upgrade that either and buy a ferrari...oh but wait they can get something faster..... my point is ppl that say buy something faster are pretty stupid.
Not what I'm saying the Focus is a 16 sec car to get it in the low 15s high 14s is a very big step and I have admiration for that. We're all enthusiast but to shave 2 seconds off a stock car N/A econobox it will take some radical steps in order to do that. And yes been there done that I used to have a shop we used to mod cars like crazy I lost tons of money tuning my Honda's, Acura, Mazda so at one point I upgraded and decided to suck it up drive some stock cars until I got something faster. Geeez I remember spending so much ridiculous money on my brand new RSX-S JDM this JDM that all that to be called cool by some teenage girls, be heard by the Neighbors down the street at 3 am after the club(Mind you I was 19).

An other story that sucked was paying 2500$ for a DME at Bmw since my 1 year old 135 ECU was tempered and they found out even if everything was taken off before going in for service. I still love modded cars I have respect for people who invest time and money for their passion but I'm just stating for facts.

My point is that in order to get 190-200 whp or play hang with ST-WRX-GTI you will have to alter your car in a way that will cost you a lot of money and might void your warranty. Ill be honest with you I was tempted to change some stuff on the Focus since I love that car(I have other cars not listed) but the Focus is to me a very damn good car so I will probably change it for an ST at the end of the year(2015 will be out and and I will be able to get a 2014 for a song). I might even go slightly used since the resale value seems to suck. Actually one of the reasons why I ended up on this board was to learn about some mods, dyno results after. I almost went with an SCT but not Worth it...and I'm not puting some noise makers that will get me 1-2 hp it recalls me of my VTEC days all this sound to go nowhere.

Oh yes by the way my truck has an exhaust it goes nowhere slow it's a pig that can get outrun easily by a V6 camry or V6 RAV4 but it sound damn good. The GTI in my sig still runs stock intake, stock DV(NO BOV FOR ME), quiet exhaust and a big snail.

I'll rest my case as I start sounding like an or a fanboy but just giving out my 0.02$
Keep us updated with your mods

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->