Gaven's SVT Build - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-27-2014, 01:47 AM   #41
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 113561
What I Drive: '02 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 6 Gav-O-SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Its been a while since I've had a chance to continue with the list. So without further ado, here we go...

So I have gone a little vinyl crazy, I got some eyelids and engine cap overlays from TFB designs and I also did a wrap on some of the interior pieces. I also recently got a new Pioneer deck to pair with my two 12" Kenwood subs and two 1000wt. Kenwood amps. They are in a custom box I made but I never got around to covering it... I made a port cover to make the ports smaller to get a little bit more boom, seems to be working great. Heavy metal never sounded so good!

Sorry, this is a lousy pic...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2014, 02:04 AM   #42
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

I finally got a infra red hatch trim piece! Looks so much better than the black one IMO. I had some spare time at work so I made/welded a oil catch can. I painted it to match the rest of the engine bay. While I was doing all that metal work I decided to make the custom header badge that I came up with. Also painted the letters to match the engine bay. Then I ordered a custom Euro plate that I absolutely LOVE and it looks good above the Hella supertone horns that I mounted in the lower grill. So loud!

Yes, I do have red LED strips in my grill and rear diffuser.... I know I'm going to get some hate comments for those but I think they look cool at night...

Old 04-27-2014, 02:19 AM   #43
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

These are my most recent additions to my NA beast...

While I was under the car I inspected my CFM dog bone, besides all the dirt its looking great!

I ended up having to grind off one of the nuts/bolts on the cat, but I was able to get the rest of those rusted out bastards off by some miracle of God! I just punched it out after I got it off and put in a new nut/bolt so I have it ready for when smog time comes in 2 years. BTW my car registration came the same day my ORP and new Xcal4 arrived, lucky me! I smoged the car the day after and passed with flying colors, then I got to installing all my goodies... Here is how the ORP looks installed.

I'm having some difficulty with the Xcal4, it does not want to save my stock tune so I'm waiting to hear back from SCT to get the problem resolved. I'm guessing that my cars strategy code is not in the system, the tuner is up to date so that's not the problem. I should hear back from them on Monday, cant wait to get this beast tuned!
Old 04-27-2014, 02:32 AM   #44
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

So far I'm not throwing a CEL with the ORP, kinda weird... The difference in power and torque is amazing to say the least! It sounds mean as hell too, especially paired with the full Magnaflow exhaust. Richard (ViperThreat) and I went for a cruise today on some back roads, he was on his street bike though. It was a fun ride, the SVT handled like a champ and with that extra power and torque its more fun than ever! I just ordered front and rear strut tower braces from FSWerks, they should be here by Tuesday. Those will make the handling even more sharp. I will post pics once they come in and I get them installed. I'm going to have to take out my subs though for the rear one... ViperThreat has some plans for dual side mount boxes that I'm going to build soon so I can have my rear brace and some of my trunk back, lol.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:16 AM   #45
MCPunk79
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89690
What I Drive: 2004 ScreamingYellow Ford Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 MCPunk79 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You continue to impress with really making this car your own… and that's what modifying is all about. Very nice to see how much pride you take in it… keep it up and keep the posts and updates coming!
2002 Sonic Blue Ford Focus SVT #661 SOLD
2004 Screaming Yellow Ford Focus SVT#1522
2006 Wicked White Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX
2008 Grabber Orange Ford Mustang (Roush Stage 3)
Old 04-27-2014, 05:52 AM   #46
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 60 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Boy it's getting red, and unique!

Very nice.

S.R. #275

Old 04-27-2014, 08:31 AM   #47
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Great job Gaven, I'd add vf engineering motor/ trans mounts. How loud are those horns?
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 04-27-2014, 10:43 AM   #48
ShadowFocus603
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 118448
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black SVT EAP 2Dr #1878

FF Reputation: 1 ShadowFocus603 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Those horns are ear bleed loud. I had a single one on a scooter I built a couple years ago. Insane volume. I actually am ordering a pair next week for my Fiance's motorcycle.
2004 Ford Focus SVT #1878
Old 04-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #49
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

Thanks guys, yea the horns are really loud! I scare people when I lock my car lol. Im going to be ordering some new motor mounts soon. I also need to get a couple stiffer urathane exhaust hangers so I dont risk cracking my ORP. Once my insurance check comes I'm also going to get a new set of wheels/tires and some coilovers. Its deff coming along nicely, its getting close to where I want it performance wise... There is'nt much more I can do besides going FI but finding a decent complete SC kit is tough... Its deff a NA beast now, I have some more to add to my mods list but I will post them later today.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:27 AM   #50
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

I had some wind/rain window guards that are in some of my pics, they used 3m tape to stick to the outside of the door and I really didnt like the way that looked. So I took them off and bought some really nice in-chanel ones from weather tech. They look great and have a very OEM look, super clean and no tape. They just pop right on.

Not a very good pic but you can see how it looks super flush and clean.

Not that long ago I plasti diped my wheels black and I have really grown to love the way my car looks with the black 5 spokes. My new set of wheels are deff going to be black...

These are some old pics but they are just after I did the wheels.

I have taken off my snowboard rack because of the nice weather and the I dont want my paint to get messed up. I am going to get a bike rack mount for it soon so I can take advantage of this beautiful California spring time weather. I just washed my car today and spent about 4 hours on it, I spent over an hour alone just wiping down and cleaning the engine bay. I like to keepz it clean! Here she is after her bath and pampering...

Well thats it for today... More updates and goodies coming soon!

Bookmarks & Social Networks