Gaven's SVT Build - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #1
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 113561
What I Drive: '02 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 6 Gav-O-SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Gaven's SVT Build

*EDIT* I originaly started this thread because I got some new C-F-M goodies but I decided to just turn it into my build thread.

My SVT has slowly been transformed into a modded masterpiece, IMO, and still has a ways to go yet... I am keeping it NA for now until I can eventually get my hands on a decent powerworks kit, gonna try to stay away from turbo because I live in CA and we are a smog Nazi state... Anyways, I have some pics of the C-F-M stuff already posted but I will post some earlier pics of the car and show/explain all that I have done to get it where it is today.

Enjoy the thread and I hope it gives you ideas on ways to mod your SVT or regular ZX3/5 and make it your own unique FoFo...

*Original Post* Well I finally spent the $ and ordered my cfm 67 mm TB and cfm underdrive pulley kit. I am anxious to feel the throttle response difference compared to a ported stock TB. Cant wait to get those bad boys bolted on! Anyways, pics and install coming soon!

*EDIT* I figured I would post some current picks on the first post so people can see the progress without going through each page.

Here are the most recent pics...

Last edited by Gav-O-SVT; 06-06-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
anonymous
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65486
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVT ZX5 #126

FF Reputation: 1 anonymous Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If you do not have a tune, I would highly recommend getting one when you install that throttle body. I just put a cfm 67mm on my svt a couple weeks ago, and from a stop it feels almost like an on off switch (way too sensitive). But I did a data log and sent it to tom (1turbofocus) and it felt so sweet after loading the new tune. Driving in stop and go traffic would be a bear with the aftermarket tb and no tune, I believe the throttle plate and that lip on the old tb were there for smoothing it out some. Installation is easy though, good luck.

And yes, the pulley is separate from the gear. I dont have a udp, but i remember from when I did my timing belt last summer.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:49 PM   #3
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

Tuner is getting purchased as soon as my tax return comes. Thanks for the input!

Last edited by Gav-O-SVT; 03-21-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:58 PM   #4
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

Update...

Well I finally got it all installed... WOW, what a difference. It really makes the car rip hard, it has that extra little bit of 'umph' that I was looking for. Will try to post pics tomorrow, im stuck at work till 1am tonight...
Old 03-16-2014, 12:18 AM   #5
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 53 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav-O-SVT View Post
Update...

Well I finally got it all installed... WOW, what a difference. It really makes the car rip hard, it has that extra little bit of 'umph' that I was looking for. Will try to post pics tomorrow, im stuck at work till 1am tonight...
Thats great Gaven, now you need to get a steeda sts.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 03-16-2014, 12:35 AM   #6
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
Thats great Gaven, now you need to get a steeda sts.
I have the cfm adjustable one. Set as low as it goes! It also has a nice shiney steeda knob on top too.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:02 AM   #7
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

Im trying to get this photo bucket app to work so I can get those pics posted from my phone... Prob just gonna have to wait till tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:32 PM   #8
yellowhatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 126730
What I Drive: 2006 Yellow Focus ZX3 MTX

FF Reputation: 3 yellowhatch Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I am going to offer an alternate opinion about the 67mm TB: I love mine, it probably only adds 1 or 2 HP (I remember a thread of it dynoing that in the archives) however that isn't the reason I bought it. My stock plastic unit was sticking no matter how much I cleaned it, and I didn't even over tighten the clamp. At that point I was fed up of it binding during highway trips and hated the mushy feel during daily driving and how you could feel the plastic acting up when the weather got cold.

Swapped on the 67mm Focus Central (a brand that has been discontinued but I am sure the CFM one is not much different) and it made the car a much better experience to drive. For me it was better in traffic since I did not have to modulate as much and gave me throttle response instantly for critical situations (everything is on tap instead of having to hammer it for the plastic tb) and on the track it made the car fairly easier to launch (at least for me) since everything is instant.

The pedal no longer feels mushy but to me it does not feel like an "on/off switch", to me it feels like every other cable linkage tb car I have driven and imo the way the pedal should have felt out the factory. It is a mod you won't regret; and btw I don't have a tune yet either. I am no "pro racer" but it took me no time to get used to it at all (my car is a MTX-75) and could never go back to stock. It gives the pedal a much "sportier" feel. Hope this helps.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #9
qweesy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12042
What I Drive: 2004 focus Duratec 2.3 RS (DEAD)

FF Reputation: 3 qweesy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
under driving an already weak power system is bad ..... underdrive pulleys = crap for SVT
Old 03-16-2014, 05:30 PM   #10
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

Pics!

Ok, finally got a chance to post some pics... Here is what came in my goodie box from cfm and how everything looks installed...

I know that on a svt the underdrive pulley kit does not do much but it helps make the throttle response snapier and lets the engine rev a little quicker. It was only $120 so its not like it broke the bank, deff happy with what I got. I can really tell a difference. Took her for a spin on some windy back roads today, had me a blast!

Bookmarks & Social Networks