A couple of ?'s - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-03-2003, 10:23 PM   #1
BlueGloZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1579
What I Drive: '03 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 BlueGloZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Cool A couple of ?'s

First of all, let me say hi to everyone on FF... This is my first post since I recently bought a 03 zx3 focus. It is a great car and I am interested in mods that would turn heads as I pull into mu school's parking lot and whatnot. I don't have a job so my budget is tight. The car is stock and the only thing I have done to it is debadging it. If there are any cool mods I can apply for under 100 bucks plz tell me and how I would go about it.
The car is Liquid Grey color but I really want to get a Varad undercar LCD kit that shines blue. Keep this in mind when suggesting mods. I wanted to start painting the interior of my car, and was wondering what color would go well with the silver exterior (i was thinking blue) and what type of paint, spray? primer? how to take pieces off?

Thanks in advance....

Seb

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2003, 10:42 PM   #2
1sloho
12 years strong

Fan#: 111
What I Drive: '02 zx5

Points 14,444, Level 77
Points: 14,444, Level: 77 Points: 14,444, Level: 77 Points: 14,444, Level: 77
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 17 1sloho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
if u want to paint ur interior, its not hard at all. i did mine and it took about a day. u can use spray paint. i used krylon. it would be smart to get primer and some clearcoat if u want the glossy look.as for taking things out, most of the interior stuff pops out like the vent surrounds and the two little vents that defog ur windows on ur dash. if its not clipped in, then most everything is held by some screws. when i painted my interior, i used 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of paint, then 2 or 3 coats of clear. if u want some performance mods, there isnt much for less than 100 bucks.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:44 PM   #3
fokuzsport
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 418
What I Drive: Pitch black FoKuZ zx3

FF Reputation: 1 fokuzsport Good Standing Member
ok first off.. welcome to FF! were glad that your a new proud owner of a focus!

well, things off my mind that would be visible is i say get a pair of clear bumper lights.. that would be a good cheap start. then maybe find someone who can do some dark tint

for the color that you have.. i would say a dark rich blue. my buddy had a cd silver one and did a normal blue turned out great.

there are several ways to paint your insides.. pull the peices off, do a light sanding, through a coat of primer on there and about 3 coats of paint, then clear coat. let dry

or you can put it in the oven.. which his shop did for him, or use a heat gun. either works well!

i would stick away from the neons now.. because they kinda dont look right on a completely stock car.. i would say neons is the last touch :)

good luck with everything!
Old 12-03-2003, 11:13 PM   #4
BlueGloZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Ok, thanks for the quick reply's. Ill go ahead and find a color I like for the interior as well as the tint. I like the ideas of how to paint, cool. What is the cheapest I can get the clear bumper lights for?

Thanks guys, appreciate it.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:18 PM   #5
BlueGloZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Me again, forgot to mention some things. Im going to take pictures as I paint, to help more newbies like me. I was wondering how to get the door handle moldings and if it is better to do just the rectangle on the handle or the whole handle including the part under the actual locking mechanism? Also how do I get the glove compartment off to paint that, if that is, it looks good painted?

Thx
-Seb
Old 12-03-2003, 11:34 PM   #6
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
First off, ! To paint my interior I used Dupli-Color on my vent surrounds, and I want to take out the defrost triangles on the dash too, haven't felt like it! I looked at the door sticker for the paint code then found a matching one on the back of the DUpliColor can from AutoZone. I bought some 2200 grit sandpaper and clearcoat too. Just sanded them down, cleaned with acetone-nail polish remover, and put on 2-3 coats each of color and clear. They look great and it's very good about not peeling or chipping!
Also, LiquidGrayZX5 (maybe spelled grey?) made a post in either this or the Old forum, under Interior Mods about her interior painting, it came out awesome... her new name is SunshineCavy04 I think, the name could have changed on the old post too, I don't know how that works. Search and check that post out for some ideas too.

PS- If you want to take Fokuz's advice, my paint's dark blue and it's called DSGM393 DK BLUE M. I also saw at another AutoZone "Ford DK BLUE M" it looks like the same can.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:04 AM   #7
shellshock
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1556
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus ZX3 Ztech

FF Reputation: 1 shellshock Good Standing Member
for 100 dollors you could get new blubs in your headlights..be sure you get good ones not ones that need the kit right away...also maybe a short ram intake for starters for under the engine...i live in hawaii and i got a ichibahn for 89.99 probly cheaper where ever your at...you could away change the long antena to a short one...i got 4 swiss audio speakers for little over 100 dollors but i also knew the guy that sold me them and he put them in there for free.Also you could put neons there cheap but stock it wouldnt look right maybe buy them now with the color of car in mind and then put them in later if your gonna show it off...me im building just a show car...so just do research look at other zx3s that are custom and kind get and indea.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:49 PM   #8
Fabster82
Focus Addict

Fan#: 437
What I Drive: 2003 Focus zts

FF Reputation: 1 Fabster82 Good Standing Member
welcome aboard. for 100 bucks i would have to say getting new bulbs for the headligt and the clear corner lenses. the car looks better and different from all the other focus

Mods: clear corners, interior under seat neons, MAC short ram, a bosal exhaust or fs exhaust to come
Old 12-04-2003, 06:02 PM   #9
fokuzsport
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 418
What I Drive: Pitch black FoKuZ zx3

FF Reputation: 1 fokuzsport Good Standing Member
when you get your clear corners.. you can make do with tinting your center upper grill, so you wont have any orange in the front..

here is a pic of my tinted upper grill

heres a pic at night

when my head lights or parking lights are on. my center upper grill or my bumper lights dont turn on. i dont want anything to turn on but my head lights, so i disconnect my upper grill lights. makes my blinker click fast which i can deal with but i dont have no orange showing through what so ever.. i did hear how ever that you can cut the center wire to the upper grill out of the 3 and that will make it so they dont stay on just go on for blinking.. make sense?

Last edited by fokuzsport; 12-04-2003 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:31 PM   #10
BlueGloZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks alot guys, lots of answers and real fast too. I appreciate it. Im still pondering on what color to use on the interior, i feel like going a blue that would go well with my silver car, any ideas? I like the dark blue idea hmm. Ill keep ya updated guys.

-Seb

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.