Focus Engine Shutdown in Traffic! - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-21-2014, 03:10 PM   #21
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CunFFS13 View Post
Don't take a no for an answer! It's your life in risk! No theirs

What exactly will the dealer fix? What will they say yes to?

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #22
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013FocusTitanium View Post
Last week my 2013 Focus motor shut down (not a stall) at 30 mph for no reason. The dashboard display read "Transmission not in Park" and the power steering went out. My wife was driving, struggled with the steering wheel, and ran into the curb hard. Luckily she didn't go into traffic on the left side. The car re-started fine (push button) and she drove to the dealer. They started to look for codes but Ford corporate told them to stop all work. First they tried to get us to take the car back, but we refused: No answer for the problem, some damage to the wheels and front fender, and nothing done. I was shocked. After the weekend the Service Director called and said Ford is sending an engineer to investigate. I'll post an update when there's news. Has anybody else had this problem?
Hi 2013FocusTitanium,

This isn't the experience I want for you. I'd like to connect you with your regional customer service manager to assist in these repairs. Please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and the dealership you've been working with.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #23
abcdben
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 181985
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus SE (Blk)

FF Reputation: 1 abcdben Good Standing Member
Hi All. My girlfriend and I just started leasing a 2014 Ford Focus, and less than two weeks in, had a very similar experience: the car killed on the highway in traffic, and issued a power steering failure and engine failure message. After being examined at the local dealership for 3 days, we were notified that they were unable to detect any issues with the vehicle. They further offered two options (A.) Accept the car back because they haven't found anything, or (B.) They will continue looking. We said to keep looking, and they called back on day 5 with the same results, posing the same option. We're not sure how to proceed at this point. We're uncomfortable rolling the dice with such a serious safety hazard, but aren't getting the feeling that the dealer is able/willing to source the issue. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #24
thejordan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107706
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Focus 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 4 thejordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Look at your lease terms and state laws. You can have a lawyer draft up a statement saying you can end your lease agreement due to safety. A lawyer may charge $80-160 to do this, but it gives you leverage.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #25
Robert1509
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 181353
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Robert1509 Good Standing Member
Just a question regarding both vehicles: If BOTH vehicles that this happened to had push-start ignitions, would issues with said push-starts throw trouble codes? I'm new to the whole trouble code thing. Just wondering if it's related more to the "dash side" of things, versus the engine side? Just a thought I had, wondering if I'm shooting blind...
Old 08-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #26
2013FocusTitanium
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114498
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium White Platinum

FF Reputation: 2 2013FocusTitanium Good Standing Member
Exclamation Now it's getting real...

Glad to know I am not alone in this problem. I received a letter from Ford's Legal department disclaiming all responsibility. Funny that THEY escalated it directly to Legal. I don't think that was a reassuring action on their part. Considering my response for a formal letter back. Any suggestions welcome.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:05 AM   #27
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 63 sailor Excellent Standing Member
It's been a month, and we don't know what's been happening in the meantime so it's hard to guess what's going on.

Whatever has happened, it looks like you're in the legal zone now so that kind of advice is needed.

IF this is a situation where you are claiming an accident resulting from the car's failure, your Insurance Company should have been involved as they would be fighting with Ford over responsibility for repairs. Your own legal representation is needed now as well IMHO.

Any inspection done yet? Where is the car? Is this the first contact since your initial comment here? Has the incident been reported to anyone other than Ford?

Lots of questions, could end up a very "sticky" situation.

If you haven't done it already, time to write down everything that's happened by date/time/contact and keep that with any correspondence/ppwk. generated for future reference.

Luck

S.R. #275
Old 08-11-2014, 07:17 AM   #28
Hocus_Pfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 181433
What I Drive: 2014 Ingot Silver SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Hocus_Pfocus Good Standing Member
I have seen similar issues with other Ford vehicles. There were reports of 2009-2010 F- 150 stalling randomly, usually while making a turn. Mine did it once during a u-turn. Threw it in neutral and it fired right up, but losing power steering in a 5500 lb truck wasn't fun. Luckily, I had enough brake boost to stop before hitting the curb and plenty of time to get the truck running, back up, and finish the u-turn before oncoming traffic got to me. Ford never found anything wrong.

I have also read about a Mustang owner who's car would just go bonkers for no reason. What I mean is that the advancetrac system was activating for no apparent reason, so it was cutting power and applying the brakes on its own. I experienced an incident in my Mustang where it was randomly chopping power. I had to pull over and it somehow cleared up and I went on without issue. It should also be noted that I had an aftermarket tune on my car, so I never took it in for that.

My gut tells me that technology is to blame.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:33 AM   #29
2013FocusTitanium
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114498
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium White Platinum

FF Reputation: 2 2013FocusTitanium Good Standing Member
In the Legal Zone

Sailor, thanks for that good advice. I won't be posting any details on line as I don't want to interfere with any legal process. I will post results/oucomes if I am able.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #30
Robert1509
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 181353
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Robert1509 Good Standing Member
Hopefully we can hear the end result friend. Good luck. Pullin' for ya...

Bookmarks & Social Networks