New issue of Sport Compact Car (April '05) - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-23-2005, 12:37 AM   #1
Turtle
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 10715
What I Drive: 2011 Dodge Charger, 70 Olds Cutlass

FF Reputation: 1 Turtle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Exclamation New issue of Sport Compact Car (April '05)

Hey guys, I don't know how many of you subscribe to/buy Sport Compact Car magazine, but I just got the new April '05 issue in the mail today. Two things struck me right away:

1) Page 34
---- and -----
2) Page 45

1) On page 34, at the top of the page we see a very nice 2002 SVT Focus. I read the list of mods and most of it is stuff that we all have on our own cars, or stuff we see pretty commonly amongst local Foci people. Stuff like the FC 65mm TB, Screamin Demon coil, MSD wires, FC off road pipe, Magnaflow exhaust, FS lightweight flywheel, Ford Racing gauges and short shifter . . . these are all nice parts, but pretty "run-of-the-mill". The guy does have a Vortech Supercharger, but there are a lot of people running forced induction these days.

Now, I'm not trying to cut this dude down; I think his car looks great and it's great to see a Focus getting exposure like this. What really gets me, is that in the "Why we like it:" section, the magazine's response is: "It's the most thoroughly modded Focus we've seen in recent months.". WTF?!?!?

Like I said, not to belittle the fact that his car is in the magazine, but the fact is that I know a LOT of people with 90% of the same mods, or similar, or better! Personally, I love picking up a magazine and seeing a hot Focus featured in it! However, we rarely see them featured. Why? Perhaps if more people were submitting stuff, we'd see more of them get published! My point in all this is: If a "textbook" case of a modded Focus is by the rest of the world as "thoroughly modded", they have yet to really scratch the surface of what can be done with the Focus!

2) Moving on to page 45, we see a nice example of a euro ZX3 Focus . . . wait . . . no; it's actually the Euro Fiesta, and SCC speculates that Ford is considering bringing it to the States in the near future. My point here is, maybe the reason that Ford has gone so "mainstream" with the Focus is that they are going to bring the Fiesta over to take over the "youth marketing" aspect, and relegate the Focus to rental car fleets. Thoughts on this?

3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

It takes a real man to wear a kilt.
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2005, 12:58 AM   #2
ChrisL911

Fan#: 17435
FF Reputation: 1 ChrisL911 Good Standing Member
I totally agree. I have an SVTF and im doing a few things to it, STS, Pullys, Diablo Program, CAI, Borla Exhaust, Underglow, sound system upgrade, alarm and titnt. These are def all common upgrades and I even know one guy who lives near me with a SVTF supercharged with pretty much all the same mods as me. So why isnt he in Sport Compact who knows maybe we should send Sport Compact a link to focusfanatics.com and show them what its all about.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:24 AM   #3
scironzts
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 893
What I Drive: '04 ZTW

FF Reputation: 1 scironzts Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I sometimes think that the editors of SCC have lived with their heads up their asses for quite some time.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:16 PM   #4
flat 4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6437
What I Drive: '04 ZX-3 (2.3 Duratec)

FF Reputation: 1 flat 4 Good Standing Member
Well if Ford released a true SCC version of the Focus then Sports Compact Car might be all over it.
I guess we may never know since it looks like Ford does't have the balls to release a true Sports Compact Car today. Seems only Mopar, Saturn, Chevy and Ford Eurpe have a clue.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:24 PM   #5
Goat Roper
The Godfather

Fan#: 8634
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 6 Goat Roper Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Re: New issue of Sport Compact Car (April '05)

Quote:
Originally posted by Turtle
Now, I'm not trying to cut this dude down; I think his car looks great and it's great to see a Focus getting exposure like this. What really gets me, is that in the "Why we like it:" section, the magazine's response is: "It's the most thoroughly modded Focus we've seen in recent months.". WTF?!?!?

If thats the case then we have a lot of potential story cars in here.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:45 PM   #6
Turtle
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 10715
What I Drive: 2011 Dodge Charger, 70 Olds Cutlass

FF Reputation: 1 Turtle Good Standing Member
^^^ that's my point exactly!

Sorry, had to revive this thread after seeing the mag referenced in the SVT Owners lounge.
3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

It takes a real man to wear a kilt.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:03 PM   #7
SVT_BMXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
^^ my fault hehe

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler
Old 03-11-2005, 10:53 AM   #8
lunarc
Focus Addict

Fan#: 343
What I Drive: 02' Silver SVT RIP 2007

FF Reputation: 1 lunarc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
So sad going to HIN in Los Angeles and seeing all these "new" cars that are coming with superchargers, turbochargers and go to the ford booth and it is just rally cars...no future developments as of yet. Don't get me wrong i love Rally but i want to see ford come back and slap around the cobalt, SRT-4, ION redline etc...FORD?
2002 SVT Focus #1848
---------------------------
New ride E36 DINAN BMW, Dinan CAI, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Stg1 Suspension, Dinan Stg1 Chip
Old 03-11-2005, 12:05 PM   #9
Stephs2.0Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13422
What I Drive: 2005 Diamond White Pearl Lancer Ralliart

FF Reputation: 1 Stephs2.0Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I use to buy SCC all the time. Every once in a while they would have a Focus, but most of the mag seems to be import oriented. I still scan pages when in the mag aisle, but I dont buy it anymore for that reason. I think alot of mags are becoming to import related. I think there should be a Domestic cars only mag for Ford's, Chevy's, Dodge's, etc.

Bookmarks & Social Networks