blue to red interrior lighting how-to - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-16-2014, 08:10 PM   #11
Lost216
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102211
What I Drive: A focus. Duh.

FF Reputation: 1 Lost216 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2.0focuszx3 View Post
looks good, but to be honest, for the average person, those tiny piece are a PITA to handle and solder. Its much easier to pay $130 for a full LED swap conversion from Starfury in the classifieds. (free plug)
Add a link to that plug, I'd rather just pay to have it done. What classifieds?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2014, 09:42 PM   #12
roeder
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 140977
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus S sedan

FF Reputation: 0 roeder Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2.0focuszx3 View Post
looks good, but to be honest, for the average person, those tiny piece are a PITA to handle and solder. Its much easier to pay $130 for LED swap conversion from Starfury in the classifieds. (free plug)
Your 100% right but some people might feel the way I do. I cant justify spending over 120 for something i can do myself for under 40 bucks. That and its a learning experience for me and I love a good challange like this.
For example. I spent over 6 months in total tinkering time in the two ish years that I owned my other car and no one had anything like it and it felt great. And everything I did was normal. Sued padded dash on one thats normally hard plastic, custom carpet through the whole car. Literally everyting was different and most was hand customized, even The block was painted along with a crap ton of other awesome stuff under the hood.

So again yes your right, but this is for the people that want the challange. Not for the ones that dont have the time, or has the money to have someone else do this for them.

Thanks for checking it out tho :) cant wait to finish it, im currently working on the HVAC controls and after that the radio, and ill be done.. well until I get the big leds for the displays lol
Old 03-17-2014, 12:12 AM   #13
roeder
Focus Rookie

soooo.. my soldering iron just melted. no joke.
ill have to get a new one at the end of the week. also swapping out the e-brake assembly for a new one because ford didn't have just the handle lol, so the lighting has to be put on hold for a few days unfortunately but i still have the walk-through of the gauges to put up still so ill have that up tomorrow or Tuesday.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:50 PM   #14
roeder
Focus Rookie

well got a new soldering iron and did the radio, i have the lights for the LCD displays on the way for this week or next and when i do those ill finish the how to, but for now just wanted to post up some pics

side note: the LEDs on the stereo's board are all over the place when it comes to the polarity so take your time when trying to identify which ends match with your new LEDs and mark them once you have positively identified the positioning. for some reason the leds notches are very hard to see on the ones i had in mine so as an optional tool you may want to find yourself a magnifying glass or something..

Last edited by roeder; 03-30-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:29 PM   #15
Lost216
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102211
What I Drive: A focus. Duh.

FF Reputation: 1 Lost216 Good Standing Member
This is awesome. definitely going to give this a shot soon. Can't wait to see how you do the LCD screen.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->