MK2 2008-2011 System Pic Thread!!! - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #31
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickWilly View Post
I wouldn't say having a faster car gets you in trouble. I never got pulled over in my Camaro or Mustang, nor did I really do any stupid things in them.

Having a system is fun though. Kinda worth it, and it is not that much weight. You were talking about weight being a concern, its not going to make a noticeable difference. Do you notice when your 5 year niece rides in your car? Probably not, so you wouldn't really notice the systems weight effecting anything. Plus if anything, free lowering, lol.
When your enclosure weighs almost 160lbs, Your subs weigh 49lbs each, your amps weigh 20+lbs, and your extra batteries weigh another 100lbs you will notice..
You actually have to be careful as the weight capacity of our cars is right over 800lbs. Including all occupants. I'm on the FRPP kit and my rear sits very low with my system in it lol
Galatians 6:14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2014, 09:19 AM   #32
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 116476
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 5 SlickWilly Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
You also have a crazy loud set-up. I am talking pre-fab with a drop in sub and amp lol. I think you've had as many systems as I have. I wish I had pictures of them all. I can easily think of atleast 7 different setups I have had in this car.

My F-150 rocked two CVR 10's on a 2600 watt monoblock, that system was pretty loud for being in a truck.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #33
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
You also have a crazy loud set-up. I am talking pre-fab with a drop in sub and amp lol. I think you've had as many systems as I have. I wish I had pictures of them all. I can easily think of atleast 7 different setups I have had in this car.

My F-150 rocked two CVR 10's on a 2600 watt monoblock, that system was pretty loud for being in a truck.
I don't feel mine is crazy loud lol
But yeah its heavier than the typical setup. I have also found with our cars the best possibly SQ and output is had by sealing off the trunk from the cabin firing forward.

And the whole 2600 watt monoblock is another common issue you hear in car audio. People saying my amp is 2600 watts when in reality that is max or peak watts on amps that and crap.

RMS watts are the only rating that mean anything and at what voltage and efficiency those watts are output.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #34
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

It was 2600 watt RMS, I know my way around car audio. It was nearly 40lbs and about 3 feet long.

It's probably not crazy loud because one, your used to it, two you have hearing damage. LOL.

Also all cars sound best like that because it is projecting the sound towards you rather than reflecting it around a trunk that has many air pockets that distort the sound we hear. Less things to reflect sound off the better it sounds.

Paper cones also have a better SPL then composite cones.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #35
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
It was 2600 watt RMS, I know my way around car audio. It was nearly 40lbs and about 3 feet long.

It's probably not crazy loud because one, your used to it, two you have hearing damage. LOL.

Also all cars sound best like that because it is projecting the sound towards you rather than reflecting it around a trunk that has many air pockets that distort the sound we hear. Less things to reflect sound off the better it sounds.

Paper cones also have a better SPL then composite cones.
So you ran those little cvr's on 2600rms... hmmm
Old 03-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #36
crice8
Focus Fanatic

And many people claim that bouncing it off of the trunk is actually better for SQ. It isn't the corners and such that causes the phenomenon. Its the cancellation of sound waves. This is why when you fire forward into the cabin you must completely and totally seal around the enclosure. Every little hole in the rear deck must be sealed off.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:24 PM   #37
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post
So you ran those little cvr's on 2600rms... hmmm
Just because I had an amp that 2600RMS@ 1 ohm (Stable) didn't mean I ran that much to them. If I had to guess I probably ran around 500 actual watts to them, they just had a good sound to them.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #38
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Looks like the wife wants my sundown sa10's in her new mustang lol. So I'm going to also put my SKAR SK-1500 in her mustang as well. Since she gets mine I'm going to order a SKAR SK-2500 for my car to run two Sundown X10's at 1 ohm(=
Should be a low end monsterrrr.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:40 PM   #39
popwarhomie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94974
What I Drive: 10 Focus coupe / 94 Lightning

FF Reputation: 1 popwarhomie Good Standing Member
Sa-10s weigh 25 pounds BTW..
A lot of mods.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:23 PM   #40