Project ALL-MOTOR - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 10:38 PM   #21
EuroZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39
What I Drive: 05 Black Scion TC

FF Reputation: 1 EuroZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
i thought in your first post you said you wanted it to be street driveable? with how aggressive cams you are going to need, the gas you will have to run it on, and having a race header, it wont be too streetable and it wont pass emissions. you might want to look into some tranny work too you will need it for 200 whp

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2003, 02:59 PM   #22
ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC
Project All Motor

Fan#: 1114
What I Drive: 2000 Sedan SE with Zetec engine

FF Reputation: 1 ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Well kttnmthkngs420, I don't have all the money right now for the project but being 17 and not having to pay bills, it wont be hard to get money for the project.

Euro, yes I did say that I want to stay street driveable but the thing with emissions, we don't have emissions. When it comes to inspection time though, I'll put back the stock header and cat because they look under the car. Also, you mention tranny work. If you notice in my mod list, I'll be getting a Quafie differential, 4.06:1 final drive gear swap, Signature series sportsman clutch system (Billet Steel Flywheel and Pressure Place Combination with organic disc, handles up to 250hp)

Old 12-11-2003, 05:29 PM   #23
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
your 17 and going to be dropping all this cash on a car? i think its all great stuff, but i think at your age there are more important things to put your money towards, like college.

i had to drop out of college cause i ran out of money. now i wish i hadnt been so foolish with my money. just want you to think about that. its your money, do what you want. but its also your future.

all up to you. just my own opinion

Old 12-11-2003, 05:40 PM   #24
ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC
Project All Motor

lol more important things? wow thats funny!!!!. I'd rather put money in my car then anything else. School isnt really important for me, and besides my parents r gonna pay for my college, they pay for my bro and sister too. Anyways, all the money I get is going towards my car.

Old 12-11-2003, 05:52 PM   #25
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

you are lucky that you have someone to pay for your college. i hope you can someday understand just how lucky you are.

i envy you all motor zetec. i really do.

good luck with your project. if you can, you should put pics and updates and all that cool stuff on a website. make sure you post the link.

Old 12-11-2003, 06:37 PM   #26
ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC
Project All Motor

Yea, well I wasn't gonna go to college but just last week, I decided to go to a Community College to learn Ford or Chevy technology and get my Associate degree. Hopefully I wont fail because school isn't my best thing, I home school now. In my senior year, but I'll be done by spring. I do understand how lucky I am, yes oh yes I do. I'm lucky to have been adopted by the parents I have now. Yea, I'm adopted and so is my sister who is 20. So yea, I do know how lucky I am to have my parents pay for my college and get me away from my real parents who put me in foster care at age 2. The reason they pay for my sister and brother college is because they want them to suceed, and thats why they gonna pay for mine.

Old 12-11-2003, 06:41 PM   #27
ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC
Project All Motor

Also, I will post pics of the project as it progresses. To give you guys a step by step photo detail of the car Don't expect alot of pictures of the body, you'll be getting engine pictures because that's what I'm focused on now. Which means, you'll see a pic of the head off, pic of the new cams and cam gears in the head, ect.

Old 12-11-2003, 06:47 PM   #28
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

i'm lookin forward to the pics.

good luck with school, keep at it. (im trying not to be one of those stupid motivational speakers that always come to HS's and yell at kids for an hour about how much of a loser ppl without degrees are. how am i doing? failing miserably i know.) learn from my mistake, dont work a dead end job forever.

ok, im done with my rant now. i will leave you and your decisions alone. just had to put my two cents in.

Old 12-11-2003, 06:58 PM   #29
ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC
Project All Motor

It's cool man, schools and jobs dont click with me though but I'm gonna do my best. Sometimes people need a kick in the ass and thats what I need. hehe. I can see where you coming from though, you don't want kids to grow up without a degree, because you don't want them to [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* up their life and that's cool.

Old 12-15-2003, 02:34 PM   #30
ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC
Project All Motor

Quote:
Originally posted by EuroZX3
4700 :o ouch

just my 2 cents. get the ford racing head, skip the the high comp pistons, u can deck the head the reach the same compression ratio and make the same power, ditch the pectel, wont help at all for you, stand alone are more for turbo set ups.
Euro, I could deck the head but I'm not going to. I'll get compression through changing pistons. Here is the latest email that Walter Marcy sent me on some information on this kind of stuff.

The proper way to get the compression you desire would be through changing
the pistons. Milling the head is a cheaper alternative. It does not come
without its faults though.

When you mill the cylinder head, you are changing the distance between the
camshafts and the crankshaft. This creates additional slack in the timing
belt which must be compensated for. With stock cam gears, or when you leave
the cam gear alignment dowel pins out, simply tensioning the belt like stock
works fine with the Zetec.

Cam gears with pins installed to keep the gears positively located to the
cams, the cams will be retarded on install. Adjustable gears allow you to
correct the timing error. Of important note, the gears will be set to
different settings than on a car with a non-milled head; however, the cams
will actually be adjusted to the same position.

If you change the pistons, you don't create the cam timing issues. Also,
shaving, decking, surfacing and milling are all basically the same
procedure, the difference being the amount of material removed.

Walter Marcy
Marcy Motorsport

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->