Parrot Asteroid Smart with Unika - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-25-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
bproctor
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 140178
What I Drive: 2014 Ingot Silver Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 bproctor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Parrot Asteroid Smart with Unika

I just installed the Parrot Asteroid Smart. I also ordered the Unika adapter to retain steering wheel control functions. While the HU was fairly straightforward, I cannot figure out how to properly wire the Unika. I was wondering if anyone else has had this installed. BTW, I am putting this in a 2014 SE model without sony or MFT. Thanks for any assistance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2014, 09:45 AM   #2
bproctor
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 140178
What I Drive: 2014 Ingot Silver Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 bproctor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Okay, just in case anyone else attempts to install the Parrot Asteroid Smart. I hope I can save you some research and and time. I installed this into the 2014 SE.

Fisrt off, I sent the Unika steering wheel adaoter back. It sucked!! Now here is everything I used in my installation:

1. Parrot Asteroid Smart HU
2. Metra 99-5827 Factory Integration Adapter
3. Axxess AX-ADBOX1 Factory Integration Adapter
4. Axxess AX-ADFD02 Factory Integration Adapter
5. Metra 40-EU10 Antenna Adapter
6. Axxess ASWC-1
7. Axxess AX-SWC-PARROT Steering Wheel Control Adapter
8. USB & 3.5mm AUX extension Flush Mount 2 Meter Audio cable , 1/8 AUX Car Bike Boat Motercycle Lead
9. HDE E336 Waterproof Rear Vehicle Backup Camera With 170 degree Viewing Angle

Most of the instructions are pretty straight forward until you get to the steering wheel adapter. I had the Unika adapter and after talking to a local shop I found the ASWC-1 which makes everything plug and play, almost. Once I had the ASWC-1 updated and installed it would not see the car. So I called Metra tech support and they sent me the following additional instructions.

1. Press and hold button with the flat line on it above the LED, on the 99-5827B dash kit (see image below). The time and date will show up on the factory display.
2. Activate the SYNC system of the Focus with the button on the steering wheel.
3. Tell the SYNC feature to go to “Line In”, the voice should confirm “Sync Line In” and it will show on the display.
4. Once set to “Line In”, turn the vehicle off.
5. Start the vehicle and wait for the SYNC system to boot up, “Line In” will show on the factory display.
6. Reset your ASWC-1 and program it normally to the vehicle. (I used the 2012 model programming instructions).

I had unpaired my phone from Sync since it connects before the Smart when starting the car. So I had to reinstall the factory unit in order to get SYNC paired back to my phone. Once that was done the steering wheel controls worked great. However, you do have make sure that your SYNC is always set to Line In or they will not work.

As for the rest of the wiring, like I said earlier, it was pretty stright forward. I grounded the park brake so I can acess everything when I want. I replaced the cigarette lighter with the USB & 3.5mm AUX extension Flush Mount. And now everything is working perfect now.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.