Spare Car Key - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-11-2014, 07:00 PM   #31
daspazzZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 133961
What I Drive: 02 ZX3 chcl gry - Dakota-PatE02 5sp

FF Reputation: 2 daspazzZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
I can attest!, I had several of these for Orangell0 but never made it to getting one cut for Patrick. Hence, when I went downtown to a show my buddy was playing in I locked myself out and had to pay that locksmith company to come out and open my door! 60 bills!

I keep getting caught up in these new vehicle posts with the m0nster key that requires some divinity of the gawds cutting tool!

So Im rethinking, and I'm sure the transponder keys I got off ebay can be cut pretty much anywhere. But not so with the programming which I will most likely do at Ford.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #32
Wheeliegirl
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 158194
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Wheeliegirl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I chose to get a full function key because I am disabled, and keep an "emergency pack" on my wheelchair, that contains an extra house key (in addition to one that is hidden outside my home), several day's worth of meds and other stuff. I wanted the key because this is, after all, Southern CA is earthquake central....and you never know if you have to dash out of somewhere without time to gather your belongings. The pack is always attached to my chair, so I never have to worry about these supplies, except to re-fill what I used. :-)

daspazzZX3, the keys are easy to program yourself. I would have done it myself, but the guy offered to do it for me, and he didn't charge me for it. There are You Tube videos and written instructions if you Google "program 20xx ignition key" or similar phrase. I gave the instructions that came with my key to the locksmith. There are two separate program instructions. One for the locks, where you must program ALL your keys at the same time and another for the ignition. By the way, I like your avatar! :-)

Locks: Make sure you have all your keys, close the door and put on the seat belt so that no "bells/alarms" go off when you put the key in the ignition:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-waqvX7CEYk

Chip/Transponder/Ignition programming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUo5d4R5gSY
Old 06-11-2014, 09:53 PM   #33
daspazzZX3
Focus Fanatic

Thanks Ma'am i know about them. But it takes 2 keys to do it. I only have one! I'm going to try an reprogram Patrick's key once I get 3 keys. Just to test the process.

I do thank you for the pointers. Linkage is what I do as well! So you got it going on! LOL I do feel for you, it must be a lot more fun with the wheel chair in tow! I can relate to how much trouble it can be even if you are used to it. I'm also disable but getting better due to pain management. I was beginning to think that was an oxymoron!!

Oh and I hope my avatar doesn't offend, but I am seriously guitarded!!!, this too will never pass!!! T.F.G!!! read whole post! D0h!

Anyway, that's good what the did for you. I'm thinking about trying a different dealer further south and going in with my cane!

I might hit a better deal!

Last edited by daspazzZX3; 06-11-2014 at 09:57 PM. Reason: read whole post! D0h!
Old 06-28-2014, 12:35 AM   #34
2005.ST
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95355
What I Drive: '05 grey ST,eibach springs,SVT rims

FF Reputation: 1 2005.ST Good Standing Member
I put a Ford surface mount keypad above my door handle. Works great and never locked out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140315_130143.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	55353  

Old 06-28-2014, 08:21 AM   #35
komoto123
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119636
What I Drive: 2004 Ford Focus lx (Sangria Red)

FF Reputation: 1 komoto123 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005.ST View Post
I put a Ford surface mount keypad above my door handle. Works great and never locked out.
That is sweet man. Does it work just like a key fob? Type in a code and it sends the same code your fob sends??? Do you have to cut into anything? Wish my focus came with a fob, i would get one of these.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:44 AM   #36
2005.ST
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95355
What I Drive: '05 grey ST,eibach springs,SVT rims

FF Reputation: 1 2005.ST Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by komoto123 View Post
That is sweet man. Does it work just like a key fob? Type in a code and it sends the same code your fob sends??? Do you have to cut into anything? Wish my focus came with a fob, i would get one of these.
Yes, works like the fob. It comes with the unlock signal already in it. Just set your access code, instructions included. No cutting, it's surface mount. It comes with strong double-faced tape on the back (molding tape). I got mine from eBay.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #37
daspazzZX3
Focus Fanatic

But its flush (actually flush to the surface so it sticks out) mounted. That's the icky part.

Last edited by daspazzZX3; 06-28-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->