Did the lunchbox delete and got a surprise - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
alexanduh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61182
What I Drive: 2000 Sangria Red SE

FF Reputation: 1 alexanduh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Did the lunchbox delete and got a surprise

So... I'm guessing the insides of my catalytic converter were burnt and blown out? There was a ton of it just in that resonator, so wouldn't have I noticed some sort of change. What options do I have? Surely, I should do something. I mean, the idle is a little rough and I'm not sure if performance is bad because it's not great to start with.

I feel like an abusive owner now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2014, 02:48 PM   #2
b.pearson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 130617
What I Drive: 2003 Infrared SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 2 b.pearson Good Standing Member
If the lunchbox it still off I personally would run the car and listen for anything in the pipes if there is get it out if not continue on lol
2003 SVT ZX5- EAP rims, FSWerks Race cat-back exhaust, FSWerks SRI, Spectre cone filter & breather filter, FSWerks front splitter, SAP rear diffuser, upgraded throttle body (Size and brand unsure), HID headlights, more to come!
Old 02-22-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
alexanduh
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.pearson View Post
If the lunchbox it still off I personally would run the car and listen for anything in the pipes if there is get it out if not continue on lol

I can't really tell. There is some rattle before the muffler. :(
Old 02-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #4
b.pearson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 130617
What I Drive: 2003 Infrared SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 2 b.pearson Good Standing Member
Any way you can pull it off and check without cutting it apart? Or as a last resort I suppose you could take a section out and replace that with a short pipe once you're done
2003 SVT ZX5- EAP rims, FSWerks Race cat-back exhaust, FSWerks SRI, Spectre cone filter & breather filter, FSWerks front splitter, SAP rear diffuser, upgraded throttle body (Size and brand unsure), HID headlights, more to come!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #5
alexanduh
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.pearson View Post
Any way you can pull it off and check without cutting it apart? Or as a last resort I suppose you could take a section out and replace that with a short pipe once you're done

I'm no mechanic so I don't have the tools or know how to do that. I'd say I may as we'll have the entire exhaust replaced as to performing arthroscopic surgery on my muffler. I dunno, this could be the cause of my not so great idle though...

I'm more worried about how the damaged cat will affect the engine and o2 sensors now.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:58 PM   #6
komoto123
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119636
What I Drive: 2004 Ford Focus lx (Sangria Red)

FF Reputation: 1 komoto123 Good Standing Member
Theres a lot of things to think about here. The free flowing cat and lunch delete gives you a little bit of a performance boost but the o2 sensor if it is after the cat (which it might be) could be sending bad reports to the ecu. Is the CEL on? The idle could be rough for other reasons. I had a pinched pcv hose on my lx and it idled bad so who knows.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:02 PM   #7
komoto123
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119636
What I Drive: 2004 Ford Focus lx (Sangria Red)

FF Reputation: 1 komoto123 Good Standing Member

Last edited by komoto123; 04-04-2014 at 01:02 PM. Reason: [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->