Hkssssss!!! - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-24-2005, 12:04 AM   #41
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
First off, I don't have a stock exhaust on my car.

Second, I don't want a SVT.

Third, I'd be willing to say I got alot more experience with the focus then you think cause if you knew my knowledge on it, you wouldn't have said what you did.

Fourth, you can't argue with FACTS.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2005, 12:06 AM   #42
SUPER2NERSVT
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 18620
What I Drive: 2002, silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SUPER2NERSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Increasing the amount of exhaust flow is the first progressive step to increased engine performance and efficiency. The factory exhaust system represents a restriction in the stock configuration. By designing a system that increases the mass and velocity of exhaust flow, it allows for a reduction in backpressure and thermal stress, thus unleashing the engines’ potential for increased power, torque and responsiveness.

All HKS exhaust systems are engineered with performance, quality, and value as primary goals. Through countless comprehensive efforts of flow analysis, dyno testing and tuning are we able to maximize horsepower gains throughout a board powerband, while maintaining reasonable sound levels for street use. HKS Exhaust Systems that are designated for street use retain all factory emissions equipment and conform to the California Vehicle Code 95-decibel exhaust noise level limit. (Note: Some HKS exhaust systems are designated for Off-Road Use Only and are solely to be used for Off-Road purposes)

Each HKS Exhaust is vehicle specific. In some applications where multiple systems are offered, each system is even more specifically based on an application’s level of tuning; e.g. Sport, Turbo, Drager, Hiper, and Racing systems, respectively, have increasing pipe diameter sizes and flow characteristics. Engine and chassis configurations are individually analyzed to ensure that each application is specifically tailored and not universalized. Each HKS system features high-quality mandrel bent, bake-coated aluminized steel piping, which allows for smooth consistent exhaust flow throughout the entire length of the system. Piping diameter is also crucial to the characteristics of exhaust flow and is specific per application. Because of the consistent pipe diameter in all the bend areas from the mandrel bending process (as opposed to the crimps or kinks from a press-bent process) there is less restriction and turbulence which increases exhaust flow velocity.

Muffler design is also application specific because they each have their own particular flow-characteristics. The Sport, Turbo, Drager, Hiper, and Racing Muffler share similar qualities, but are not identical. While most HKS mufflers are of a straight-through design, some non-turbo applications utilize a chambered muffler design to achieve maximum horsepower and torque gains. Varieties of tip designs are utilized on HKS exhaust systems; refer to the application chart for each specific system.

HKS exhausts systems are designed for direct bolt on fitment to the stock flanges and come with all the necessary gaskets and hardware to provide simple installation and long term durability. All HKS exhaust systems utilize a micro-fiber mesh sheet wrapping around the internals of the muffler tube to prevent muffler packing from escaping over time, thus increasing the durability of the system. HKS Full Stainless Steel exhausts system applications also now come with an extended 4-year warranty.

Inspired and designed from endurance and GT racing in Japan, HKS developed its Hi-Power Exhaust system for both turbocharged and naturally aspirated applications. HKS has incorporated this new race inspired offset muffler and piping design into many street applications, which offers a greater flow and higher-PRM power gains due to the less restrictive design. This is achieved by eliminating unnecessary bends for the straightest exhaust path.

For turbocharged applications, the large and smooth exhaust flow allows greater exhaust velocity for better mid-range boost response and high-RPM power. Naturally aspirated vehicles also benefit from greater exhaust flow capacity as engine tuning levels increase. Certain applications are available in a Silent Hi-Power version which has an inner silencer built into the muffler. Like Drager Exhaust systems, Hi-Power Exhaust systems are made from SUS304 stainless steel muffler and tip assemblies. Depending on the application, Hi-Power muffler tips are 96mm, 115mm and 120mm in diameter, piping diameter ranges from 55mm to 95mm. Special Edition HKS Carbon Titanium Hi-Power Exhaust systems are exclusively available for certain popular applications. These exclusive versions of the Hi-Power Exhaust consist of a carbon fiber wrapped muffler shell, titanium tip, and polished SUS304 stainless steel piping.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2005, 02:25 AM   #43
popecruz
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17124
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 popecruz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Your an idiot for talking smack to a moderator. I know someone with an HKS fart can on their zx3, its an automatic, i can't really tell you if it helped his performance cuz its a real slow car. I think most exhaust systems sound similar on the svt, I really like the sound of the stock exhaust, especially since it has high flow already. And its .. free. HKS is a great company though, so I wouldn't doubt that the exhaust is worth the money.
All your hard work and training for AutoX and you get sliding off the road and jacking your suspension named after you. That sucks.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:51 AM   #44
JustinSVT
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 6302
What I Drive: 03 IR SVTF5

FF Reputation: 1 JustinSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by S2
The HKS has a pipe diameter of 2.16" I believe is the number which is not much more then the stock system. Getting more and more mods, finishing up the exhaust, etc, you won't be able to 'flow' as much, the exhaust is restricted. Explains why most people tend to go with a BORLA SVT system (2.5" exhaust). Also if you ever were thinking of FI (turbo, supercharging, etc) that will SEROUSLY restrict you. Most heavy FI applications go with a 3" setup.

As well as those facts above, if you want to read more about it, please visit the thread below which outlines EVERYTHING.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...threadid=33755
I thought this was SVT Performance Chat.

ZX3 HKS: 2.16"
SVT HKS: 2.36"

And not everyone plans to go FI.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:01 AM   #45
revamp
Cashed in my chips

Fan#: 8133
What I Drive: notafocus

FF Reputation: 4 revamp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Can we just drop this subject already???

The question was asked how the HKS exhaust would hinder future modding and the answer was given...if you don't want to go FI, fine. 2.36" for an aftermarket exhaust is still restrictive and the cost for inferior materials is still outrageous. But if you like the sound and style and feel it's worth the bills, fine.

There are people who like the exhaust and people who don't. Both groups have their own reasons for this and no amount of arguing is going to change anyone's opinion. The facts are laid out in the forum...as long as potential buyers of an HKS exhaust are informed, fine. Just don't expect to sway the jury when it comes to approval of your purchase. I don't see why some people are so hung up on what other people think, anyways.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:12 AM   #46
JustinSVT
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 6302
What I Drive: 03 IR SVTF5

FF Reputation: 1 JustinSVT Good Standing Member
I was just setting the supposed "facts" straight.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:41 AM   #47
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Revamp is right, the HKS has been talked to death with the majority of the threads getting eventually closed down or deleted due to all the arguements. If you want the HKS, go buy it. Everyone likes different things, I just find it very funny how people that have it or are buying it in the future gets sooooooo defensive when the facts of the system (HKS) are brought up. You can't argue facts, you just can't. Also that 'novel' post, sure that is a positive article on HKS, where did you get that from, their website? Most companies don't talk any negativity against their products as well the positives are always embellished.

Another thing to add, it's funny how NO serious focus modder with what I would consider the majority of the bolt on common mods out there (and in all honesty even without much for mods) will have a HKS system on their car. It doesn't happen, why, as I mentioned before, 'facts'......

Either way, lets put this in the past cause there is no reason to fight about this.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:52 AM   #48
jaykirs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13947
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-Red ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 jaykirs Good Standing Member
wow, it's amazing how heated a debate can get over a cat-back exhaust system. I for one have gotten a lot of info from the threads in this forum on many mods from tunes to cat-backs and they have allowed me to make informed decisions on which mods I want for my car that fit my needs (well, wants anyway lol). Speaking strickly for me, I am leaning toward the MBRP.
04‘ SVTF #204 of 1978
SVT Squad #66

Understeer scares the driver, oversteer scares the passenger.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:41 PM   #49
focusonthefocus
Gan-San!

Fan#: 1411
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 focusonthefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
2020vision... please take time to spell out everything... I had to read over your post like 3 times.

Focus on the Mountain
Old 02-24-2005, 12:52 PM   #50
focusonthefocus
Gan-San!

Fan#: 1411
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 focusonthefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
hey, just make it a well balanced car. Whatever you do.

Focus on the Mountain

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.