Need help find mods - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-19-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
Kozayy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 143153
What I Drive: 2006 maroon zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Kozayy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Need help find mods

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but I have a 2006 zx3 2.0 engine and can't seem to find headers or a short ram intake for my car. Does anyone know if it matters if I use parts for a 2.3 engine or not? If it doesn't matter that would help a lot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 04:16 PM   #2
ManiacalZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6111
What I Drive: 2001 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ManiacalZX3 Good Standing Member
I know that the header for the 2.0/2.3 have the catalytic converter is part of the header and cannot be seperated. So the only way you can replace the header is if you replace it with a race header. That technically is not legal to drive on the streets for emissions reasons.

Now since I am a Zetec guy I'm not totally sure why but it looks like Duratecs only get cold air intakes. I would assume the intake is place well from the factory to get cooler air. But of course a cold air is gonna make more power anyway.

I know both C-F-M (which is a great sponsor in the vendor disscusions section) and FSWerks sell headers and cold air intakes for 2.0/2.3 Duratec's. Of course thats if you want a cold air intake and race header.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:19 PM   #3
benoit230
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 118823
What I Drive: 2007, Silver, ZX4 w/SAP

FF Reputation: 1 benoit230 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozayy View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but I have a 2006 zx3 2.0 engine and can't seem to find headers or a short ram intake for my car. Does anyone know if it matters if I use parts for a 2.3 engine or not? If it doesn't matter that would help a lot.
I have a K&N Typhoon 69 series on my '07 2.0L. It says cold air intake but I don't think it's a true cold air intake. The filter basically rests behind my driver headlight.

I have a picture of it on my profile.
Team Duratec #68

DD - "Argentum" 2007 Ford Focus zx4 w/SAP
Unnamed 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Z71 - White

Last edited by benoit230; 02-19-2014 at 04:19 PM. Reason: added a line.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:47 PM   #4
Kozayy
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacalZX3 View Post
I know that the header for the 2.0/2.3 have the catalytic converter is part of the header and cannot be seperated. So the only way you can replace the header is if you replace it with a race header. That technically is not legal to drive on the streets for emissions reasons.

Now since I am a Zetec guy I'm not totally sure why but it looks like Duratecs only get cold air intakes. I would assume the intake is place well from the factory to get cooler air. But of course a cold air is gonna make more power anyway.

I know both C-F-M (which is a great sponsor in the vendor disscusions section) and FSWerks sell headers and cold air intakes for 2.0/2.3 Duratec's. Of course thats if you want a cold air intake and race header.
I had the cat converter taken out and put in a straight pipe. Although could be talking about two different things. Lol. I just got into the car scene because of friends and am trying to learn along the way of building my car. So feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:50 PM   #5
Kozayy
Focus Rookie

I'm not looking to get a CAI it rains to much here and I don't want water getting sucked up through it because of all the puddles splashing up and having the intake by my wheel well. I may be the only one paranoid about that though lol.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #6
benoit230
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozayy View Post
I'm not looking to get a CAI it rains to much here and I don't want water getting sucked up through it because of all the puddles splashing up and having the intake by my wheel well. I may be the only one paranoid about that though lol.
Check out my air intake then, like I said it sits behind the driver headlight, doesn't go down near the ground at all.

Team Duratec #68

Old 02-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #7
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 116476
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 5 SlickWilly Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
You'll be fine with a cold air intake. Welcome, PM me your number and we'll invite you out for the Focus meets.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #8
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 60 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Moved this to the Duratec Performace section for you.

LOTS of info. in this section you might want to look through.

ManiacalZX3 is correct on the CAT being in th stock header, some versions (PZEV) had another CAT after that in the exh. pipe area.

S.R. #275

Old 02-19-2014, 06:02 PM   #9
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 116476
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 5 SlickWilly Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Also, if you start getting to know the people around here there are plenty of parts to be had used for much cheaper. Header for 150$, Cold Air Intakes for 50$, I know which exhaust shops to go to which ones to avoid and know places that handle Foci better than others. You being local I can help you with a lot of this stuff in person rather than trying to understand it over the internet. We could install all your parts with you showing you how to do the installs and saving you hundreds of dollars. I found a few local members parts for super cheap including a set of SVT 5 Spokes for 100$ and a set of EAP wheels for 120$.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:11 PM   #10
benoit230
Focus Enthusiast

Wish i got that kind of treatment :P
Team Duratec #68

Bookmarks & Social Networks