Any Ideas for Annual Focus Meet? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > North East Fanatics

North East Fanatics Serving the Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New England, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-02-2003, 09:37 AM   #1
gthang
NY's Most Wanted

Fan#: 102
What I Drive: DUH!

FF Reputation: 5 gthang Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Any Ideas for Annual Focus Meet?

Hello, everyone from the Right-side of the country...

I was thinking of having a Focus Meet at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park and was thinking what competitions should be available.

Of course, if enough people want this meet, there will be food, hotels, socializing and much more. I want this meet to overshadow the West Coasters meets. Any Ideas on what we should or could include in the schedule?

Anyways, since i have no experience hosting a meet, i might have Poughkeepsie resident Howard Hutchinson, who organized the First Annual NorthEast Supra Meet me and my dad went to, i might have him help me organize it...

what do you guys want or think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2003, 09:45 AM   #2
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Yeah a big east coast event would be sweet.
Some of us are planning a g2g in virginia, which I think is too far for you, in the spring.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:52 AM   #3
gthang
NY's Most Wanted

well, i haven't really driven into jersey, but i did drive to a NASCAR race in Pocono Pennsylvania, with my dad riding shotgun, scared to death... I also drive 84 miles round trip from home to my College in westchester county NY, which is basically a piece of cake especially at 100mph. i regularly do this speed, probably because it keeps me awake in the early mornings when i have to drive to school. but right now it just started snowing here, in White Plains, where my school is, and even though it's slippery out, i believe my focus can handle it, the thing is, i can't.

i can handle anything, so would an autocross competition be ok with you, ashley, and everyone else?
Old 12-02-2003, 09:55 AM   #4
Chick

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
I never have autocrossed before. Don't worry; we've got a few months to plan this out.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:09 AM   #5
gthang
NY's Most Wanted

yep, we do. i've never autocrossed either, but i practice everyday.

What else do you think we should do? Obviously we have to include drag racing, dynamometer tests, and the can't-live-without-it show-n-shine.

What do you think of slalom tests, or skidpad, od dB drag racing? or even a tech "center" where newly bought parts are brought to the meet and installed for free.

what do you think? and is there just the two of us on this forum?
Old 12-02-2003, 10:21 AM   #6
Chick

No there are more people then that that respond to the topics on here. It's almost winter and no one really wants or has planned any type of meets. Most people are looking to have some in the springtime.
Give this thread a few more weeks and some people might throw up some ideas. Myself, I have none at the moment cause I'm not very good at planning things.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:25 AM   #7
garyk

Fan#: 171
What I Drive: focus race car, stock svt street ca

FF Reputation: 1 garyk Good Standing Member
g2g

what you all should do is plan on attending next years fall fling. we had 11 on track and that many more show up. with a little foresight, we could put 40 on track and monopolize an entire run group. vir and g and w do the planning, we just need to register very early and show up at vir.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:07 AM   #8
gthang
NY's Most Wanted

Virginia International Raceway? Why, it's too far for a measly twenty-something like me. The Supra meet had cars from all over the east coast some from florida, michaigan, central states, even one from good ol' CA (well at least the license plate was). Nobody had any problems traveling all that way to Old Bridge Township raceway Park (for the rest of this thread the Old Bridge Township Raceway Park will be referred to as OBTRP) besides, a lot of focus owners are near the tri-state area, yeah i know about you guys down south, but i'll see what i can do about travel time.

Oh by the way, check out the post in the east coast forums to signup for it, even in the very very early stage, if you know you are gonna go no matter what.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:11 AM   #9
gthang
NY's Most Wanted

hey ashley, winter's a good time to plan a meet. the Supra meet i attended was on May 15 two years ago (2001). for roughly 9 months i went to the website to view the sign up list, it kept growing and growing (finally reached 240 sign-ups). however, it had rained on the first day, so half or less of the sign-ups had shown-up. Of course when we saw the pictures on the website a few days later, there were supras that we never saw, so i guess they continued on sunday.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:21 AM   #10
garyk

Fan#: 171
What I Drive: focus race car, stock svt street ca

FF Reputation: 1 garyk Good Standing Member
englishtown

i used to live close to there. problem is you can only drag or a/x there. i am a 51/2 hour tow from either place so thats not the issue. its where can you have more fun. thats a no brainer.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->