Rear Camber input for Sedans - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-16-2005, 09:52 PM   #1
BoneStockZTS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18139
What I Drive: Smurfette Tit Blue 02 ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 BoneStockZTS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Red face Rear Camber input for Sedans

Ok, I don't mean to start up another rear camber debate, but I do have some good input for people who might be running the same vehicle set up as myself.

Just had Eibach Pro-Kit springs and dampers installed on my 02 ZTS. I also have 17" SVT wheels with 215/45r17 tires on them. I've been taking my car to this tire/brake/susp shop for three years to have oil changes, tire rotations, brake work, alignment and etc... These are my first mods. I trust them as they don't use gimmicks or inflate labor cost. When I picked up the car after the suspension was installed, the tech that did the work came out to me and mentioned my rear camber. He said it tested to specs, but that it was 'barely' with in manufacturer's specs. He said there was no problems with the front, but the rears were really close to being out of spec. He suggested that I should install a rear camber kit to ensure the rear wheels stay with in spec without have to realign them at every rotation. He laughed and said he didn't want me to end up like some punk pushing a mid-90's integra withcut springs and 15 degrees of negative camber.

Like I said, my intent is not to start another crusade over rear camber. It's just an FYI for anyone thinking about a set up similar to mine and what a trusted mechanic/technican mentioned. I'm going to break down and spend the $40 and have 'em thrown on at my next regulary scheduled tire rotation.

Make it quick, make it stick, then make it fast.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2005, 10:02 PM   #2
TM3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 16784
What I Drive: 2004 EAP SVTF

FF Reputation: 3 TM3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Thanks for the low-down....I'll be ordering the same kit tomorrow, except I'll be going with the Sportlines. Would you happen to know if I would be able to go a week or two without an alignment and rear camber kit?
Old 02-16-2005, 10:07 PM   #3
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Thanks for sharing that ZTS, it's good to know.

And TM3, one week won't kill you, it might drive a little funny and I wouldn't do anything stupid or risky (not like you should be in the habit of doing stupid stuff...). For Sportlines you will undoubtedly need camber bolts to get into spec, whenever you do get it aligned.

Is there a specific reason you would wiat wait a week or two? Because you definitely don't need to wait for the springs to settle for that time... I've heard good quality ones are pretty much settled immediately, but the car rides a little high from being worked on sometimes.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:12 PM   #4
TM3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 16784
What I Drive: 2004 EAP SVTF

FF Reputation: 3 TM3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Lil PZEV: Thanks for the input......I dont have a reason for waiting a week or two...Im just trying to cover all my "what-ifs." I'll most likely be getting the alignment the day after I install the springs/dampers.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:15 PM   #5
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Oh ok, that's probably your best bet. But if for some reason you can't, just dont' drive excessively, you should be alright.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:47 PM   #6
mrorange7878
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3313
What I Drive: Gold LX

FF Reputation: 1 mrorange7878 Good Standing Member
SO the Fronts will be fine, with sportlines? and i will most likely only need the rears?
Old 02-17-2005, 07:44 AM   #7
BoneStockZTS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18139
What I Drive: Smurfette Tit Blue 02 ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 BoneStockZTS Good Standing Member
My install was for PRO-KIT. I have no idea about the Sportlines.

Make it quick, make it stick, then make it fast.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.