Fog Light Mod Question??? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-01-2003, 10:19 PM   #1
chuka
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1966
What I Drive: '00 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 chuka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Fog Light Mod Question???

OK. Now this may be a totally bonehead deal, but when I was doing some other repairs to my Focus tonight I wanted to do some of the little quick fixes in the 'How To' section. I got rid of that irritating seat belt reminder (although I always buckle up ) and it went without a hitch. I then felt like I was on a roll so I went for the fog light mod to allow the fog lights to stay on when the high beams are in use. Well, long story short, I found relay #13, removed it, made my sweet little jumper for #3 & #5 in the block, installed it and.................NOTHING different. What did I do wrong. I looked at the fuse block key like 50 times to make sure I was reading it right. Hell, the fog lights worked just like from the factory with the relay, without the relay, and with the jumper. It made no difference. Please help. Also, does anyone know what it would take to make it so the high and low beams are on when in hi beam mode? Just noticed tonight they put out on helluva lot of light when you hold the high beam lever for a moment. LOL. Any help would be gretly appriciated. Chuck.

EDIT: I must be a total duf. LMAO. I could swear the diagram on the cover of the fuse box shows a differnet location for R13. I found an older thread detailing this mod in great length with pictures. I pulled and modified the relay in the pics and......VOILA. Mod done. Fogs working right now. Rock on. Thanks for putting up with me. LOL.

Last edited by chuka; 12-02-2003 at 01:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2003, 09:26 AM   #2
fezzer0014
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1872
What I Drive: 01 Silver zx3

FF Reputation: 1 fezzer0014 Good Standing Member
hahaha i noticed the same thing the other day with holding the headlights. unfortunately i don't have fog lights so i can't help you, sorry

my baby didn‘t survive the accident =(
but now i have an 01 zx3 =)
Old 12-02-2003, 09:33 AM   #3
soffiler

Fan#: 372
What I Drive: '03 ZX3 PZEV 5-spd Twilight Blue; '97 F-250 4x4 w/ 351 V8 & AT

FF Reputation: 1 soffiler Good Standing Member
I'd worry about melting something if you run both filaments at the same time - possibly the plastic reflector, or the filaments themselves....
Old 12-02-2003, 10:29 AM   #4
chuka
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1966
What I Drive: '00 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 chuka Good Standing Member
Maybe that is why Ford did not make them that way. LOL. Melted front headlamps = BAD. But if you have to flash someone because they are hitting you with their hi beams, give em both and they switch down real fast. Ain't California Road Rage grand!!! Glad I finally figured out the mod, as I love the look of my Focus with the fogs on without the headlamps. Me Likey.

Bookmarks & Social Networks