Stan's 2002 ZX5 2.0l Zetech build - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-28-2014, 07:55 AM   #1
StanVaden
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 159090
What I Drive: 2002 Racing Red ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 StanVaden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Lightbulb Stan's 2002 ZX5 2.0l Zetech build

So I thought the hood on me focus is a tad faded.

So Stan thought he's clever and very good with his hands

I went ahead and bought some carbon vinyl wrap and a squeegee. I watched about three tutorials on YouTube and felt pretty enlightened. So I recruited my sister and we decided to start at around 6. (This is generally the worst time to start)

We had ordered a pizza and we set off.

About two ours later and we still had covered about 30% of the hood. We had an incident with the heat gun, the mistake of not starting at the center and as we approached the 9 o' clock mark we finally gave up.

Luckily I bought about 4m of vinyl and we were able to continue this morning. We applied the vinyl in under an hour and spent the rest of the morning fixing the light that didn't work, heating the vinyl to fit around the lights better and discussing the next build.

The final product looks amazing. This was a simple $10 job that really made a difference. The little bubbles at the light just needs to be heated and stretched. I'm doing that as we speak

That's it for the next fourth night. The future of this build is still unsure but here's what I have planned:
  • Custom name plate on the hatch
  • A proper sound system
  • NOS kit with two 5KG bottles
  • Scissor style doors in front
  • Suicide butterfly doors for the back
  • A very JD aluminum roof spoiler
  • Dual roof scoops
  • Hood scoop
  • Custom body kit (bumpers and side skirts)

Any suggestions?

I've got a sneaky suspicion that the carbon fiber hood lost me at least 8-10 KGs and would give me about 0.31 seconds faster (0-60)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Bookmarks & Social Networks