2014 European Focus! - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #41
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimms63 View Post
LOW FUEL PRICES HERE??? It may be cheaper than the rest of the world.
I pulled out the pertinent information from your post to illustrate a point. I'm sure that a 2000 sq ft house costs significantly more now than it did 30 years ago as a whole, but if it costs less in Iowa than it does in California then it is still cheaper-all things considered.

Compact cars are not of value in the United States like they are in many other countries, and the cost of fuel is a prime reason (though other factors exist as well). Jack our fuel prices up to what Europe pays and see how hard Ford works to make the Focus outsell the competition (of which there is also significantly more of in Europe-who knew?).

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2014, 07:52 PM   #42
unida767
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08

Fan#: 95574
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Powershift SEP

FF Reputation: 11 unida767 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Also to add to Duane's post their is a glut in the compact market in Europe (Citroen Puegeot)

In Australia we get all the the extra features because the car needs them to compete.

"Domestic car sales are no longer enough to sustain an assembly line because the Australian market is the most congested in the developed world, with more than 60 brands competing for 1.1 million sales. In the US, 38 brands compete for more than 15 million sales"

Ford don't need all that content (or didn't in 2011/12) to compete in the US. Brass tacks .

SC#8 HN168
uɐıןɐɹʇs,
Old 02-22-2014, 08:18 PM   #43
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unida767 View Post
Also to add to Duane's post their is a glut in the compact market in Europe (Citroen Puegeot)

In Australia we get all the the extra features because the car needs them to compete.

"Domestic car sales are no longer enough to sustain an assembly line because the Australian market is the most congested in the developed world, with more than 60 brands competing for 1.1 million sales. In the US, 38 brands compete for more than 15 million sales"

Ford don't need all that content (or didn't in 2011/12) to compete in the US. Brass tacks .
Well they do now with Hyundai, Kia, and Mazda which all have similar compacts that compete with the Focus and all of them offer the same options as the Euro Focus, but they are available here in the US market. So Ford better pay attention, if they want to keep the meager share they currently have.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:44 PM   #44
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

FF Reputation: 6 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by unida767 View Post

The MX car market offers Peugeot, Renault, Fiat, etc also, I don't think Peugeot is for sale in the US, just an example
Old 02-22-2014, 10:47 PM   #45
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Well they do now with Hyundai, Kia, and Mazda which all have similar compacts that compete with the Focus and all of them offer the same options as the Euro Focus, but they are available here in the US market. So Ford better pay attention, if they want to keep the meager share they currently have.
I will add: Ford needs to honor his warranty
Old 02-22-2014, 11:47 PM   #46
goingtoscotland
Focus Addict

Fan#: 132001
What I Drive: '14 Tuxedo Black HB, 05 Kawi ZX-10R

FF Reputation: 6 goingtoscotland Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
I pulled out the pertinent information from your post to illustrate a point. I'm sure that a 2000 sq ft house costs significantly more now than it did 30 years ago as a whole, but if it costs less in Iowa than it does in California then it is still cheaper-all things considered.

Compact cars are not of value in the United States like they are in many other countries, and the cost of fuel is a prime reason (though other factors exist as well). Jack our fuel prices up to what Europe pays and see how hard Ford works to make the Focus outsell the competition (of which there is also significantly more of in Europe-who knew?).
The cost of living in Iowa isn't monetary, it's having to deal with living in frakking Iowa. Shitsux, man
Old 02-23-2014, 03:21 AM   #47
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Quote:

The issue for Ford North America is competing against subsidized Asian brands.
If Ford N.A. can still make a profit on Euro spec'd Focus, they would offer the Euro Focus features. But I do not think Ford believes this is possible.

Hard to compete against brands that have the advantage of its home countries charity.

Ford N.A. number one priority is to make a profit on each unit sold, not to win sales races.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:31 AM   #48
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post

The issue for Ford North America is competing against subsidized Asian brands.
If Ford N.A. can still make a profit on Euro spec'd Focus, they would offer the Euro Focus features. But I do not think Ford believes this is possible.

Hard to compete against brands that have the advantage of its home countries charity.

Ford N.A. number one priority is to make a profit on each unit sold, not to win sales races.
So what you're saying is others governments but American, give some extra money (incentives) to their major brand cars just to increase their sales!?
I'd like to live in one of those countries! I mean the incentive money comes out of my taxes, I'm paying taxes already and I ain't got nothing back. If this new 2014 Focus for sale at the MX dealers is build in Germany, that means Germany government gives money to Ford to build the car at a low cost with great specifications features?! I like that! America should do the same!
Old 03-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #49
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

So I went to my local Ford dealer.
Wanna know how much Ford MX will charge for the low profile European rear headrest?...........................
$6,500 pesos each!
That's insane!
$494 USD for 1 headrest!
:(
Import it directly from Germany
So you better start making some savings!
Old 03-08-2014, 04:01 PM   #50
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CunFFS13 View Post
So I went to my local Ford dealer.
Wanna know how much Ford MX will charge for the low profile European rear headrest?...........................
$6,500 pesos each!
That's insane!
$494 USD for 1 headrest!
:(
Import it directly from Germany
So you better start making some savings!
It didn't cost that much even going through a British Ford Dealer in the UK who ordered it directly from Germany for the pair of them in full leather.

Bookmarks & Social Networks