USB 2.0 Flash Drive recommendations wanted - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-03-2014, 03:08 AM   #11
mechanizeddeath
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 135913
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Metallic SE

Points 1,641, Level 23
Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 mechanizeddeath Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
FWIW, I just replaced my aforementioned 32GB+16GB flash drive combo with a Patriot 128GB USB flash drive. $47 at Newegg last week. I have around 80GB of music in total, so it will be nice to have a bit of breathing room again, rather than having to pick and choose.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #12
Mr.N00bLaR
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 145466
What I Drive: '14 Black Focus SE

Points 538, Level 10
Points: 538, Level: 10 Points: 538, Level: 10 Points: 538, Level: 10
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 2 Mr.N00bLaR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Anyone wanna take a picture of what the menu options look like when you are using a flash drive? Can voice commands control sorting / selecting music when you use a flash drive?
Old 03-04-2014, 01:41 AM   #13
mechanizeddeath
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 135913
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Metallic SE

Points 1,641, Level 23
Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 mechanizeddeath Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.N00bLaR View Post
Anyone wanna take a picture of what the menu options look like when you are using a flash drive? Can voice commands control sorting / selecting music when you use a flash drive?
Voice commands not only work, they are really the only way to go about playing music from a flash drive. Not sure how well manual browsing works on the other Focus head units, but on mine it is utterly worthless for searching and playing. Despite all that screen real estate, only one line is used when moving through the menu, and that can make things confusing.

For example, assume I want to listen to MC Hammer. Or more specifically, his 1990 hit, "U Can't Touch This".

Using voice commands, I can pull the paddle and say "play track you can't touch this" and the song will play. Doing it manually is possible, but quite a bit more involved. But you asked, so here are the steps with pictures!

First, you'll want to press the "menu" button on the head unit. The following menu will appear. Choose the first option, "SYNC-Media", by pressing OK.

This will bring you to another screen, only from here on out you can only see one choice at a time. Press OK to choose "Play Menu", the first option.

The next screen gives you the option to "Play All", which can also be done much easier by just pulling the paddle and saying "play all".

Press down until you see the following option instead, "Artists". Press OK.

The next screen will give you the choice of "All Artists".

But we don't want that, so press down until you get to what you want, in this case MC Hammer. Press OK.

The next screen would allow you to play all MC Hammer albums, but we just want one...

So press down until you get the classic "Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em", and select that by pressing OK.

And press down again until you reach the musical masterpiece, "U Can't Touch This". Press OK and make sure you're wearing giant pants.

Like I said, it's pretty involved and I may have missed a step. But that's the general idea behind selecting and playing an artist/album/track without voice commands.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.