In My Opinion - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-01-2003, 06:40 AM   #1
HardNRG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1968
What I Drive: 03 SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 HardNRG Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
In My Opinion

It may just be me but after reading as many of the post as I could stand, I have come to the conclusion that 90% of the people that are unhappy with their SVTF did not do much if any research on it. It seems that they just saw SVT written on it and automatically thought it would be just like the Cobra or Lightning, just less cash they had to drop on it. If that is what they were wanting that is what they should have got. If a tuner car is what they wanted that is what they should have got. Then it seems the rest are all wishing they had one of the European models, but my beef with that is you can't get it here so stop crying that thats not what you got. Now I will step off my soap box. I am perectly happy with MY SVTF!! It has enough power for me and the handling is AWESOME. I know first hand that the 170hp is plenty to smoke a mustang. Jackass was going 40 in a 60 so I went to pass him and I guess he thought I was in a regular focus so tried to keep me from passing, just an annoyance as it just took me a little longer to pass him. If anybody has a problem with what I had to say post it, if you agree post it. just my $0.02.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2003, 08:50 AM   #2
Beantown Focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1894
What I Drive: 2003 pitch black nike air force

FF Reputation: 1 Beantown Focus Good Standing Member
I love my svtf....no problems, of course i wouldnt mind it being faster but i would say that in any car...
Old 12-01-2003, 11:20 AM   #3
Chucko
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1098
What I Drive: '03 5-door SVT Focus, '89 Mustang 5.0

FF Reputation: 1 Chucko Good Standing Member
No car can be all things to all people. If I had a free hand in the design, I'd have changed a couple of things. But I love the way my SVTF drives and looks. It's exactly the kind of car I need right now.
'03 CD Silver SVT Focus 5-door, #2001 of 2173
(and a '89 Mustang 5.0)
Old 12-01-2003, 03:34 PM   #4
bfocused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63
What I Drive: I now drive a 2009 Focus SES

FF Reputation: 2 bfocused Good Standing Member
I love my SVTF, and knew right from the start what I was getting. I drove a 2000 ZX3 and loved that car too. I knew this SVT Focus was not a race car. So when I purchased my $20,000 Focus, I knew it was just that, a Focus with a few extra bells and whistles.

I grin from ear to ear each and EVRY time I drive my SVTF!! I look for reasons to drive it........ need some thing at the store, no problem I'm gone, any time night or day, rain or shine. I love this car!!!
bfocused
Old 12-01-2003, 05:44 PM   #5
R&DSVTZX5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
When problems arise with your SVTF we will see what tune you whistle then. Just my $.02
I did the research, I was aware of all the problems and even with all this in mind I still went with my SVTF. I decided if I had problems arise I would deal with them in stride. And I have. ALL of them. I love my SVTF, what it offered I'm happy with.

Was that Mustang a V6 or a GT?

Also you can get the Euro SVT Focus here in the US.

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 12-01-2003, 08:44 PM   #6
HardNRG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1968
What I Drive: 03 SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 HardNRG Good Standing Member
Like I said the people that are unhappy with their SVTF, you seem to be quite happy with yours. AND there is NO way that it can have as many problems as my last car. And I know it is not much to brag about but I believe the mustang was just a V-6, my thing was he just thought he was bad cause he had a mustang and got whooped. Also I am expecting problems and not just looking at the car with rose colored glasses, and about the only problem that would make me not happy with the car is a blown engine, which is why I bought my SVTF, last car died after 167K miles on it(end of its life).

Also it is just that everything I have read said you could not get the Euro Focus here, so I stand corrected.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:53 PM   #7
Infra3sv
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 745
What I Drive: '03 hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Infra3sv Good Standing Member
I'm very pleased with my car. I didn't expect the Focus to be anything like a lightning or a Cobra, if I did I would be very displeased with its speed & I would never take a corner.
bfocused - I disagree about the whole race car thing. I think the SVTF is a race car, just not a drag car.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:00 PM   #8
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '13 Taffeta White Civic Si Sedan

Points 184,642, Level 100
Points: 184,642, Level: 100 Points: 184,642, Level: 100 Points: 184,642, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
No. There is the European package that you can get over here on the SVTF.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:40 AM   #9
R&DSVTZX5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Ash, is right, it may be me that misunderstood your statement, where you meaning the actual Euro Focus itself?. I'm not saying you can get the "Actual" Euro Focus here. But you can and I do know that you can get the SVTF with the Euro package on it here. Other than Paint, wheels, and seats I believe this is the only diff. Oh! and the driver not on the right side. I believe these all are the package diff. from the Non Euro SVTF, someone correct me if I'm wrong here... So that I may stand corrected.

I've had my SVTF now for about 10 months and it has been in for service every month that I have owned it. I will not go into detail about what all has been replaced and other what nots. I still love it, and will just make sure to keep a Extended Warranty on it.

Anything made by humans is going to be flawed one way or another. we are not perfect, so I dont blame my car for all the problems.

V6, I believe that, I owned a 95 V6 Stang and it cut off at a 110. I dont know what the new ones will do, but I know that the SVTF will do 140.......

Also, I dont know if you have been Welcomed as a new member to the Forums yet. So I will Welcome You, and hope you enjoy your Focus as much as I do. This is the best Focus Forum on the Net. (To me anyways.) No hard Feelings....

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.