Starting to become less and less impressed with the Focus - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #31
FX4life
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99227
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 FX4life Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Hopefully that guy was fired.
I wholeheartedly agree. That guy f'ed up, this car is atrociously noisy. Typical American engineering - Build it then do your R&D when people start having issues, then once the second or third year rolls around most of the issues are fixed. My 2007 Silverado was the same way; rattly as all-hell once about 3k miles rolled around.

Totally unacceptable for a car that has 6,300 driven miles. I think there's so many rattles that the dealer wouldn't be able to find and fix them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kwik4u View Post
Dealer had both of my front door panels rebuilt. No longer rattles as bad as it did before the rebuild. Now my front windows don't roll down below ~20deg F. What a wonderful trade-off that was.

I really hate the dealership paradigm from Ford. I don't want to talk to the service writer, I want to talk to the technician that will be doing the work. Every trip to the ford dealership is like playing one big game of "telephone" like we're in 3rd grade again.

I know it's somewhat like comparing apples to oranges, but our 2006 Audi A4 has ZERO squeaks and rattles at 137k miles. Cost almost twice as much when new though.

I've resigned myself to driving a low priced economy car for another year or so, then the Focus will go away, I'll get the Audi, and the wife will get whatever SUV/Crossover/Wagon/Tank suits her at the time.
I have another video below.

My friend has an 01 A4 with 110,000 miles and it sounds rock solid. I'm an Audi nut, my next small car (if I need one) will be a 2015 A3. I think I'll stick to only buying American when it comes to my trucks, I'll go german for my cars. We have been talking about selling the Focus and equipping my F-150 for flat-tow anyway. Maybe this is a good reason to make it go bye, I'd be fine with daily driving my truck again.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

2013 Oxford White F-150 FX4 5.0 Supercrew - Loaded - Tint-to-match, Wheel-well liners, 3M Protection, Spray-in bedliner
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 08:29 AM   #32
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 1,363, Level 20
Points: 1,363, Level: 20 Points: 1,363, Level: 20 Points: 1,363, Level: 20
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Mine is rattle free.
Update: I have 2 rattles that i was able to cure.

1. door rattle - I removed the half full water bottles my kids left in passenger door.

2. headliner rattle - I put my sunglasses in a cloth case.

I guess I'm one of the few lucky ones.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:25 PM   #33
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,295, Level 35
Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
Interior rattles are pretty tough to isolate in this car. I have a couple that come and go depending on the weather and I have not been able to isolate the source - neither has the dealer. I had one in the dashboard the dealer did finally isolate and fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kwik4u View Post
Mine to rattles creaks and clunks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by helomech View Post
Hello everyone, I purchased a 2014 focus se sedan only a couple months ago, shortly after, it started to become a rattle box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanizeddeath View Post
What did make a slight buzzing noise was something up in the dash when the engine was running at a higher RPM, just before shifting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
My dash squeaks and rattles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
The headliner adhesive likes to let go so the headliner rattles. I fixed it with folded paper on my last focus lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeo View Post
I get one from the plastic bezels around the gauges, one from the sunroof area, and one from the dash near the glovebox.
Hi everyone,

As I'm looking over threads I've posted on this week, I noticed that I made an error. Unfortunately, I did not see and address every member who is currently experiencing this concern. I'd like to apologize for that, and offer my assistance.

If you are currently experiencing this concern, please send me a private message with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and preferred servicing dealership.

I'll get this info up the ladder.

Once again, my sincerest apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4life View Post
I'm starting to become increasingly disappointed in my 2012 Titanium w/10,000 kms (Yes, only 10,000. It was solely an RV tode and spent most of it's life behind an RV without the odo running before I started DD'ing the car). With this winter causing rutted side-streets especially in front of my house, my interior and front end are rattling like crazy. Seriously, this car sounds like a 15 year old Geo Metro inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyAlex View Post
My pass door rattles, every now and again the driver's pillar (sounds like) And the dash (removed everything and still does it)
Hey there FX4life and DustyAlex,

I've spoken to Kwasi, who works primarily with FordServiceCA, and let him know to reach out to you with available options.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 02-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #34
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

Points 2,360, Level 29
Points: 2,360, Level: 29 Points: 2,360, Level: 29 Points: 2,360, Level: 29
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 6 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
I'm in the same boat as you guys! I can't wait to get the car paid off and get rid of it
Old 02-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #35
helomech
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 139289
What I Drive: 2014 silver Focus SE Sedan, manual

FF Reputation: 1 helomech Good Standing Member
I drove my focus over some hard-packed snow this last weekend and it seemed to develop a dozen new rattles and creaks. This was after I fixed other obnoxious rattles in the car. My car has only 5k now and it rattles more than a 94' S-10 I once owned, and my 05' focus. I could possibly understand these issues if it was the first year of the mk3, but my car is a 14'. These issues should have been resolved at the production stage by the end of 2012. I thought U.S. automakers were finally producing vehicles with quality that rivals the imports, but I'm sorry to say that this is the last Ford I will ever own.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #36
helomech
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 139289
What I Drive: 2014 silver Focus SE Sedan, manual

FF Reputation: 1 helomech Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4life View Post
I wholeheartedly agree. That guy f'ed up, this car is atrociously noisy. Typical American engineering - Build it then do your R&D when people start having issues, then once the second or third year rolls around most of the issues are fixed. My 2007 Silverado was the same way; rattly as all-hell once about 3k miles rolled around.

Totally unacceptable for a car that has 6,300 driven miles. I think there's so many rattles that the dealer wouldn't be able to find and fix them all.

I have another video below.

My friend has an 01 A4 with 110,000 miles and it sounds rock solid. I'm an Audi nut, my next small car (if I need one) will be a 2015 A3. I think I'll stick to only buying American when it comes to my trucks, I'll go german for my cars. We have been talking about selling the Focus and equipping my F-150 for flat-tow anyway. Maybe this is a good reason to make it go bye, I'd be fine with daily driving my truck again.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
I bought my 14' focus after owning multiple European brands, my last being a 2000 3 series bimmer. In my experience, the europeans produce the most quiet and solid interiors, but have horrendous reliability and maintenance cost. I have many friends with Japanese luxury brands (all over 100k mi) and they rarely have to do anything other than routine maintenance. The other trend I've noticed with the asian imports is that they rarely ditch components with proven reliability. That's why Acura, Honda, and Lexus used much of the same components for over a decade. You'll find some of the exact same switch gear in a 93' lexus and an 01' lexus. I agree that Audi and Porsche do produce the best and most attractive interiors.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #37
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,295, Level 35
Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by helomech View Post
I drove my focus over some hard-packed snow this last weekend and it seemed to develop a dozen new rattles and creaks. This was after I fixed other obnoxious rattles in the car. My car has only 5k now and it rattles more than a 94' S-10 I once owned, and my 05' focus. I could possibly understand these issues if it was the first year of the mk3, but my car is a 14'. These issues should have been resolved at the production stage by the end of 2012. I thought U.S. automakers were finally producing vehicles with quality that rivals the imports, but I'm sorry to say that this is the last Ford I will ever own.
Hey helomach,

I'd like to loop in your regional customer service manager, who is in the best position to assist. Please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, and preferred servicing dealership.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 02-13-2014, 02:48 AM   #38
yimmymerkaba
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89046
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti, Hatchback, Candy Blu

FF Reputation: 1 yimmymerkaba Good Standing Member
post should be called "less and less impressed with (MY) focus"
I picked up my titan up in August 2011 with about 35000km on it now. nothing to complain about. except mpg...lol. But that's my commutes fault. girl does great out on the open road. had some minor shuddering hiccups getting out of first gear in the winters...took it in for an oil change then took it home.....a week later Edwards Ford called me and said my new transmission is in now....i was like...what transmission?....turns out they took initiative, ordered and replaced my transmission based off a very, very intermittent issue i had mentioned. never had the issue since. this winter has been a bitch too.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:13 AM   #39
stclark13
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116639
FF Reputation: 1 stclark13 Good Standing Member
I miss my Titan. In fact I plan on replacing my focus with another one... Soon.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:52 PM   #40
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111245
What I Drive: 2012 blue se hatchback

Points 2,181, Level 28
Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28
Level Up 21% Completed
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 bluehatch14 Good Standing Member
Owned my focus since march 2013. Its been a great car. No major issues. In the winter the car idles rough at start up and a there are a few rattles and creaks. Once it warms up they go away. I just put up with it. Its not something I would ever get rid of my car over. And being blunt. your focus isn't going to be as well built as a bmw or Porsche. It just simply wont. Hence why a bmw costs a lot more. Companies like that put a lot more into interior comfort and quality.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.