SPI cold air intake - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-07-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
Brent624
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 14093
What I Drive: 2k gold Focus LX SPI

FF Reputation: 1 Brent624 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SPI cold air intake

I am looking for a cold air intake for my 2000 focus with the SPI 2.0. Can anyone recommend a good brand. I was gong to get a K&N but I don't think they make one for the SPI.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2005, 09:15 PM   #2
focusin
FF Cleaning Squad

Fan#: 4322
What I Drive: All Focus' sold

FF Reputation: 63 focusin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Hey its another Intake question,

Just kidding I am glad to help, I have an AEM I love it another favorite on this site is the volant, eitherway no matter what you will have to get a new throttlebody (60mm) try www.focus-central.com. The reason for the new TB is that most good intakes are made for Ztech the spi TB is too small and no you cant take a Ztech TB off and put it on yours it will not fit, other than that any Ztech intake will fit our cars.Also if you do get a CAI DO NOT forget a bypass valve, if your filter sucks in water you will be srewed out of an engine. If I left anything out I am sure it will be added later.
GumpCrew #1 (dismantled)

Last edited by focusin; 02-07-2005 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:45 PM   #3
blueoval
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10596
What I Drive: 01 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 blueoval Good Standing Member
Looks like you hit just about every thing focusin. He could also try myfordperformance.com for the t/b. If you deside to go with a cold air intake you will most deffinantly need a blowoff valve so that way you wont hydrolock the motor. Now I personally have the volant intake. The volant intake doesn't necessarily need the BOV. Welcome to the forum.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:47 PM   #4
FocusPride05
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 15938
What I Drive: 2000 Midnight Blue SE Sedan 5spd manual 2.0L SPI

FF Reputation: 1 FocusPride05 Good Standing Member
I think you mean bypass valve buddy, BOV are associated with Turbo's not Cold Air Intakes
Old 02-15-2005, 07:28 PM   #5
kbeazer
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 9557
What I Drive: 2000 Green lx sedan

FF Reputation: 1 kbeazer Good Standing Member
I'm still looking for an AEM SOHC CAI. It looks like the only make CAI for ZETEC DOHC engines. Am I wrong?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:39 PM   #6
focusin
FF Cleaning Squad

Fan#: 4322
What I Drive: All Focus' sold

FF Reputation: 63 focusin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
It will still fit. like I said the only thing seperating the SPI and Ztech intakes is the TB the DOHC will fit the SOHC with a new TB.
GumpCrew #1 (dismantled)
Old 02-17-2005, 11:16 PM   #7
NOS2Go4Me
Banned

Fan#: 5423
What I Drive: 2007 InfraRed Focus ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 1 NOS2Go4Me Good Standing Member
Or... as mentioned in the "other" intake thread:

- get an adapter piece of rubber that fits the two sizes. The diameter of the SPI TB is 53mm, and the diameter of the Zetec TB is 57mm. Also...

- hose-clamp the bugger. If you're just taking up 2mm all the way around the TB, you "should" be able to make it work quite well without sacrificing the durability of the CAI. 2mm is rather tiny (not sure what that is in Imperial), so it should be rather easy to do.

In closing, a new TB (say the BDR 60mm) would be nice for throttle response, but would require the adapter bracket for an auto, and is a WHACK more cash that you don't need to spend if you're not massively modding the car out further. Which you might, and it's all personal preference in the end.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->