Automatic '01 Ford Focus SE 4D Sedan(not wagon) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-06-2005, 08:55 PM   #1
BrokenPoet718
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 14486
What I Drive: 2000 Red SE

FF Reputation: 1 BrokenPoet718 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Automatic '01 Ford Focus SE 4D Sedan(not wagon)

OK, so lately I've been going to the races in my area n cats have FASTTTT ass cars...like yesterday...there was this Eagle Talon that SMASHEDDDD on this Evo 8...it was crazy shit...but neways...

I got an Automatic '01 Ford Focus SE 4D Sedan(not wagon)...NOW i've read shit that you can make automatic cars EXTREMELY fast as well...and honestly i'm too lazy to go buy another car n all that type of shit...so wat are some things I can do/get to get my car start going faster and hear that power? And how smart is turbochargin/superchargin an automatic? And can you really do this safely? I know a lot about systems and shit liek that and how to install an intake...but engine wise I'm a DUMMY...so just let me know what I should do...and THIS is wat I'm thinking I need to get, in order-->

1. Cold Air Intake
2. Race Headers
3. Full Exhaust with 3" Down piping
4. ECU
5. Turbo/Supercharger with Intercooler
6. Blow Off Valve-->I've heard if you just put the blow off valve in the car even without the turbo, u still can hear a the lil *wshhh*? IDK how true this is...

So yeah...dont think I'm an idiot, i dont know thats Y i'm askin...so let me know wats up...One...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2005, 05:22 AM   #2
waterboy

Fan#: 2258
What I Drive: 2k SPI-T, with Lentech automatic stuff on it

FF Reputation: 1 waterboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
What are your plans for the ECU? EEC Tweecer? Superchip? Diablo? The Superchip from Focussport is the way to go. The newest chip has a datalogger to you can tune the chip right on the dyno with a laptop. Looks to be about $750-800

Most everything else looks good, but the 3" exhaust is a waste unless you want it for looks. We run 2.25 around here, and have been pushing as much as 15 psi through them with no problems. If you really want to go the next step, 2.5 is more than enough. Make sure you get rid of the restrictive flexpipe or you've spent a-lot of money for nothing.

I don't think I'd spend the money on a CAI if you're going to go turbo. With most turbo's the tuners want a draw-through setup which means a MAF relocation and at that point a CAI is no good to you.

Now for the good stuff; Your tranny will grenade after about 140 lb.ft. of torque. Sad but true. You'll need either a Performance Automatic or Lentech upgrade. Now if you're rolling in cash, a Level 10 tranny will clean out your wallet quite nicely. All are good trans., it just depends on your power plans. More power = More $$$$

Is your SE a ZETEC or an SPI? If your engine is a ZETEC, then there are parts available for a bolt on supercharger from Jackson Racing or turbo kits out there. If it's the SPI, well then you're in for some fun. The SPI has and will take up to 10 psi regularly with no additional tuning other than a chip. The ECU is quite adaptable, and our pissant SPI's have a variable speed fuel pump that is a bonus.

If you put that PSSSHHHH fake BOV on your car with no turbo, there will be a line outside your house of Focus owners waiting to kick you in the ass. Just a fair warning. No Ricer stuff or you'll get a verbal smackdown. More than likely, your Focus friends will steal your DJ stuff until you take the silly stuff off your car. No stupid wings, no spinners, no exhaust WOOOO WOOO whistles. Got it?
Old 02-07-2005, 12:10 PM   #3
BrokenPoet718
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 14486
What I Drive: 2000 Red SE

FF Reputation: 1 BrokenPoet718 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
OK...

OK...so as of the moment i'm BROKE...haha...but i'm startin to save from now on for da car...

I got a SE Zetec(well it says Zetec on the engine, so i'm guessin that)...

OK, so wat is the way to go for the parts? And can u give me some ideas on prices and the ONE i shuold buy for each?

Intake
ECU
Turbo Kit/Supercharger Kit
Exhaust
Lentech Upgrade/Performance Automatic(how much is this stuff)?

My plan, is just to be at like a good amount of hp with a good amount of torque or sutitn u know? Ya know just SMASH on pplz in the drags ova here...

Basically, I want to be able to get good reliable power for as leaset money as i can at the moment...

let me know wats up...One...

**Yeah i'd want that BOV just to piss some pplz off...haha...scare some pplz 2...haha...but na...i want my car to have a powerful sound n not that fartin noise like crazy n shit...I got a friend with this Eclipse...u can HEAR the power, its like acoustic sound n roars, but its not like hurtin ur ears...**

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->