Performance Blue Mk3 build! - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-02-2014, 01:29 AM   #91
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111245
What I Drive: 2012 blue se hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 bluehatch14 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Dang!

Just caught your saga, glad it's back on the road & that you weren't going faster when it came apart!

Learned when I did mine that (at least for mine) I had to lift the strut a little to get the bolt through & started in the other side, THEN I could let the strut down onto the bolt before the final tightening. Locks the strut in when it's all the way through, I can see how it might feel like it was screwing in if the strut was all the way down when you started the bolt (really jammed on the strut & could come out as it bounces).

Sorry you had an expensive PITA of a lesson in wrenching - if anything doesn't seem to work right, look & figure it out - you're probably correct!
I actually figured out the real cause of all of this. That t-55 torx bit does belong on the car. But it is for the control arm. Some idiot obviously did some repair before I owned the car and mixed up the bolts. Of course I didn't realize that at the time. I only noticed it today as I watched my friend ( who is a mechanic) taking that same size torx bolt out of the new control arm he pulled from the junkyard with strut. Live and learn I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2014, 01:30 AM   #92
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

And yes sailor I was very lucky I wasn't going faster. It could have been bad.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #93
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

A few pics.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:51 AM   #94
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

Haven't done an update in a while. I have removed my mudflaps from the car. They just started to seem out of place to me. They were big, obnoxious, and scraped on stuff now that my car is lowered. I am currently saving to finish buying new tires. Sumitomo htr pos1's. Once that is accomplished I plan on doing some maintenance work. Due to my accident and having to get a new cv axle I lost some tranny fluid. Gonna go ahead and switch to Fords synthetic tranny fluid for the mtx-75. After that im going to go ahead and have my alignment checked and corrected if need be. Also thinking about biting the bullet and doing an exhaust cutout in my rear valence. That fswerks tip is starting to bother my ocd just hanging out there.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:02 AM   #95
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 60 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehatch14 View Post
I actually figured out the real cause of all of this. That t-55 torx bit does belong on the car. But it is for the control arm. Some idiot obviously did some repair before I owned the car and mixed up the bolts. Of course I didn't realize that at the time. I only noticed it today as I watched my friend ( who is a mechanic) taking that same size torx bolt out of the new control arm he pulled from the junkyard with strut. Live and learn I guess.
Slid it off the road once with a used car, couple wrong size bolts in the rear suspension & the guy tried to wedge things tight with drywall screws. Needless to say those popped out of position & it got a bit wiggly on a fast corner....

S.R. #275

There & Back Again...
Old 05-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #96
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Slid it off the road once with a used car, couple wrong size bolts in the rear suspension & the guy tried to wedge things tight with drywall screws. Needless to say those popped out of position & it got a bit wiggly on a fast corner....
It shocks me the things people do to try and " fix" their car.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:00 AM   #97
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

Well I have yet another update that isn't so good. Not as bad ad my last incident. My grandmothers neighbor decided he was gonna do a little hit and run on my front bumper.
The scuffs and scrapes are hard to tell but you can see where its dented where the body panels connect. If you are wondering how I know who it was that hit my car and drove off this is because of the way my car was parked on the street to where my neighbors driveway is. Also the scrapes on his back bumper gave it away. Unfortunately I cannot really "prove" he did it. Mainly because I didn't notice it until I had driven 30 miles away. My plan is to have it fixed eventually in combination with having a new part painted. I pan on ordering the zetec s rear valence and just having it painted while my car is being repaired. Then modify my fswerks exhaust to fit the valence. I think that will give my car a more finished look.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #98
Junk_Poet
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 120101
What I Drive: 2013 5dr Blue Focus Ti 5 Sp

FF Reputation: 1 Junk_Poet Good Standing Member
Man... Some people out there!

Sucks man. At least you're looking at the bright side here, doing a mod at the same time as fixing it.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #99
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk_Poet View Post
Man... Some people out there!

Sucks man. At least you're looking at the bright side here, doing a mod at the same time as fixing it.
I've become shocked by how dishonest and disrespectful people have become. But on another note. I've been shopping around and decided im just gonna order the whole zetec s kit. Minus the wing. The whole kit can be had for 700 and some change. Versus 500 for just the rear valence.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:31 AM   #100
Junk_Poet
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 120101
What I Drive: 2013 5dr Blue Focus Ti 5 Sp

FF Reputation: 1 Junk_Poet Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehatch14 View Post
I've become shocked by how dishonest and disrespectful people have become. But on another note. I've been shopping around and decided im just gonna order the whole zetec s kit. Minus the wing. The whole kit can be had for 700 and some change. Versus 500 for just the rear valence.
DO IT! I kinda regret not getting the zetec kit myself, so this way I can live vicariously through you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks