SVT owners: Post reviews of your Tune! - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-14-2005, 06:55 PM   #41
Hamrhead
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15106
What I Drive: '13 GT500

FF Reputation: 1 Hamrhead Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
1: Hypnotic (Wayne)
2: SCT XCal2
3: $360.00
4: Installed it Saturday morning (8/13)
5: Street Tune and a Highway Tune
6: Spoke to Wayne on the phone last Monday. Very helpfull and answered all of my questions. Part showed up Saturday morning just like he said. Haven't tried to contact him since.
7: Installed it in about 15 minutes - Directions are good and very simple to use (1st time for me w/ no issues). Definitely starts better - shoots up to about 1,600rpm's, then settles right down to a 900 rpm idle. Driveability is smoother and it pulls away from a stop cleaner - got rid of some of the 'bog'. Granted, it's still no torque monster, but it simply runs better IMO. Haven't really noticed much of an increase in power, but I drove the car all last night in 95+ degree heat w/ the AC blastin'.

I'm anxious to drive it more and see if I see an increase in MPG. Figure I'll run the Street Tune for a month or so, then load up the Highway Tune and run that for a while, even though I really don't do too much highway driving. I just want to try them both out and see which one I prefer.

My '04 is one of the last ones built, so Wayne said that the TC would probably still not be disabled, but he said he'll continue to work on that fix. He was correct - it still works like stock, but that's not a big issue for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2005, 07:24 PM   #42
b16sir1991
Focused Focus

Fan#: 16612
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 175 b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Memberb16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (116)
Wayne: owner of Hypnotic Illusions custom tune. I have had it for appx. a month and absolutely love the results. One of the best mods for the money. I bought the new SCTII tuner and Wayne personally installed it himself. He was on his way through the area and stopped by (great guy). I have several mods on the SVT and this tuner seems to have really brought them all out a little farther. Couldnt be more pleased with this setup. As soon as i get the Procharger, he is going to tune it for that

Oct 2005 Ride of the month.
SVT Squad #25
Call me Mike......

Give rep points and feedback when you appreciate someone on here!
Old 08-22-2005, 12:05 PM   #43
lightfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 22297
What I Drive: 03 svt focus/Lightning

FF Reputation: 1 lightfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
1.Wayne at Hypnotic Illusions
2.Xcalibrator-2
3.$360.00
4.installed 4 days ago.
5.RL6A
Cold start idle better,no loping,much better acceleration,but the bucking is still there,also there is some detonation going on at full throttle with 93 octane,exhaust note is not as
raspy,the stock tune sounds better I think,starting take off Is much better,no bogging,
I ordered from Wayne on 08/08/05 was told delivery would be prolly on 08/13/05 recieved it on 08/18/05 by USPS,too slow ! I called Wayne before I drove down to Austin tx,to tell him about the bucking the engine has,he told me to drive it a couple of days to let the ecm (learn) it's new file,4 days later,500 miles later still has the bucking,which is driving me nuts,it is really the only reason I bought the Xcalibrator..
I e-mailed Wayne last night for a new file,no reply yet at 11:50 AM on monday 08/22/05
called this morning also no anser,left message has not returned call yet...
Wayne is a nice guy on the phone,has been getting back to me pretty well,but today he is not responding very quickly,maybe he's writing my new file ?
Easy install,takes 10 min,no problem....
Overall satisfaction ? too early to tell,I'll see if Wayne can fix it.... :(

Last edited by lightfocus; 08-22-2005 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:21 PM   #44
Clegg
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25626
What I Drive: 2002 Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Clegg Good Standing Member
An update:

my tune from wayne was pretty agressive initially, I now have another tune from him thats a bit more mild... err not mild, it screams, but its very refined in how smooth the idle is now.

(Its an RLA6 tune instead iof the RLA1 tune I had from him before). But I do think the original tune was a bit more ballsy up top, this one is a nice rounded tune for daily driving.

thanks Wayne!
2008 Blue VDub R32 #3858 of 5000

Traded in: 2002 Infra-Red SVT #2992 of 4788 Born on June 20th 2002
Old 10-03-2005, 07:13 PM   #45
voortrek3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 487
What I Drive: 2009 Vista Blue SES Coupe

FF Reputation: 3 voortrek3 Good Standing Member
1. Tom @ Focus-Power.com
2. Diablo Predator
3. $515 shipped
4. I had to install it twice because I didn't have my seat belt on and bell chimed each time I was prompted to turn on the ignition, so I belted it on, re-installed the stock tune, waited about 3-4 mins then reinstalled the tune and it loaded perfectly.
5. I took it out for a jog on the WB 210 heading toward Pasadena. When I hit the onramp, I was in 2nd and floored it...WOW what a difference! I am SO glad that I got this tune from Tom that when I finish writing this article, I'm going to go burn some more gas. The overall impression that I have is that the car has come 'alive'....I know its purely objective, but it seems like the response to the gas pedal is more instant and the pedal feels lighter. Thank you Tom!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 11:36 PM   #46
JohnMichael
Michael J. Caboose

Fan#: 21469
What I Drive: Black Hemi Ram & Honda Shadow VT600

FF Reputation: 7 JohnMichael Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
This thing is freaking awesome!

1. Wayne Foy at Hypillauto.com
2. XCalibrator2
3. $360/shipped
4. 5 Hours
5. The Tune itself it amazing. I was sooo skeptical about which tune to get, and I must say, I am quite enthused that I saved serious $ and got a great product! Installation was a piece of cake...yank #46 and #61 fuse, plug into ODB port, follow step-by-step instructions. Took maybe 12-15 minutes total.

I actually reset my computer by pulling battery cable and letting sit for awile. Upon cranking, idle jumped to 1.8k rpm for a few seconds and proceeded to nestle in right at 950rpm...very smooth sounding idle. After warming, backed out of driveway and instantly noticed the change in clutch feel and 'bog' issue...

There is no bog. The car starts moving so easily now...no feathering or playing with gas/clutch to get car moving.

Now, the fun part...I was also hesistant to buy because I did not think the gains could be significant. Holy Crap, honestly feels as if I've got an extra 20ft/lbs of torque. It jumps to 60mph so quickly now. I completely surprised myself when I glanced down expecting to see 45-50 on the speedometer and turned out to be 60-70mph!

My nice burble in the exhaust is nonexistant, and I have the slightest surge at 2.5k rpm...and those are my only complaints thus far. I have not had the opportunity to drive for more than 30 miles on it yet, but I shall update later.

Also, haven't gotten the chance to use the datalogging features, but will check into that!

6. Wayne is awesome, enough said...after my order, we proceeded to shoot the breeze about life! Wonderful business he has going, and he is a father now (or at least, I'm pretty sure!)... Thank You, Wayne!

7. Dyno? Yeah, don't I freaking wish...

*UPDATE* I've had the tune for a week now, and I love it. Like everyone else has said, the car should have come with a tune like this from the factory. Drives great, and Wayne is the best customer service guy...dude just had a baby and he's out and about getting my tune tweaked already...sheesh, man take a break, will ya?!

I have definitely noticed a change in my exhaust note...at cruising speed it has a low 'puttering' to it, along the same lines as the hummmmm of a 350Z (and before I get flamed for comparing my ride to a Z, chill...).

Much better Get Up and Go in response...like I said earlier, my SVTf Wants to go faster now...

O'er Pirates from the Black of Pitch

Last edited by JohnMichael; 10-23-2005 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:02 PM   #47
svt_gEEk
oldFart

Fan#: 18578
What I Drive: nothing

FF Reputation: 3 svt_gEEk Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
1. Wayne www.hypillauto.com
2. SCT Xcalibrator 2
3. $360
4. I've had the tune for about a week now.
5. I love the tune. Very easy intsall, plug it up, pick the program and let 'er go. I have just a couple of issues right now but they are very small issues and Wayne is working to get rid of them. I'll post an update on this. But as soon as I uploaded the tune I noticed a difference in the way it drove. Much smoother and more power all the way through the powerband. There is no more bog on starts, no more playing around with the clutch to get the thing moving. And I swear my exhaust is louder and has more of a growl to it also. Excellent product! Best $360 you could spend IMO.
6. Wayne is a great guy. Excellent service and the guy had a baby on the way while he was getting my tune out to me.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:59 PM   #48
..:: sleestak ::..
on thin air

Fan#: 22528
What I Drive: 04 Forester XTi

FF Reputation: 80 ..:: sleestak ::.. Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Gonna update on my tune review...

1: Wayne's street tune
2: SCT Xcalibrator2
3: $243 on ebay \ $60 on waynes tune
4: 4 months or so
5: Buy a tune from Wayne. Else everytime you want to upgrade or mod your tune, you are going to pay shipping to and from FS....and that kinda sux. Wayne on the other hand, will email them to you...hell he even sent me an update without me having to ask for it. That freakin' rules!!

I am very happy with the tunes Wayne has sent me and run his street tune @ present. It helped a bit on the lower end/launch and feels stronger than stock. That annoying idle @ start up in the am...gone, as well as the surging. DSI switches over at 5k now and the engine has a bit of a "meaner" sound to it. Best of all is the SERVICE...as mentioned above and in many other threads.

Thanks Wayne, keep up the good work

"Our mother of blessed accelleration, dont fail us now!" -- Elwood Blues
Old 12-02-2005, 02:51 PM   #49
04OrangeSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 30013
What I Drive: 2004 Orange SVT

FF Reputation: 1 04OrangeSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
1. Tom's Tune from www.focus-power.com
2. DiabloSport Predator
3. $515 shipped
4. about 6 months
5. The tune installed very easily, just pull the TC fuses and follow the on screen instructions. Right on the startup, the rpms drop right down to 900. The car pulls much harder in first gear and can really light them up if you shift hard into 2nd. Gone are all the problems with the SVT. The traction control system still isn't disabling correctly; but Tom is still devoted to getting it working right.
6. Tom knows what he is talking about with these cars, he is just sometimes hard to get a hold of at times.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:11 PM   #50
jboylan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5755
What I Drive: 2003 Silver SVT SVT Squad#

FF Reputation: 1 jboylan Good Standing Member
1. Wayne
2. SCT XCAL2
3. $380 shipped (might have been 370, dont exactly remember)
4. 5 weeks
5. It was very easy to install, only took a few minutes. The cars powerband feels much better. Take offs are easier, and it revs quicker. The car just feels more aggressive. I kept the t/c on, just because I got the tune so close to winter time. I may see if wayne can email me a tune without it once spring rolls around.
6. Wayne was awesome. I sent him a few emails beforehand, maybe one too many ( I had a ton of questions). He answered my emails very quickly, and I received the tune in a couple days after ordering. I was very pleased with everything.

Bookmarks & Social Networks